Forum

Change the forum br...

Notifications
Clear all

Change the forum brand

brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Illustrious Member Admin

Ok, we will let the people choose. Maybe. Let’s see some suggestions.

Topic starter Posted : May 28, 2022 6:17 am
elmassuave
(@elmassuave)
Illustrious Member Registered

For now, I prefer to keep it Birmingham’s Bats. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 28, 2022 12:04 pm
Lobo4444
(@lobo4444)
Noble Member

Brown's Brawlers - team showed a lot of grit even when down in the late innings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2022 1:25 pm
Primordial, Primordial, Primordial and 1 people reacted
hunterig
(@hunterig)
Noble Member

How about: Back Before Ray.

I was duly unimpressed last season, not only with the Lobo team I saw on the field, but also the lack of recruiting news we get.

At this point my suggestion would be LOBO Baseball. I think Brown needs to earn some MWC cred before being recognized in the title.

As usual, I will look forward to and attend and hope for the best for Lobo baseball. Good luck to next year's Mystery Roster. (being a bit facetious with that; I want the best for our returnees), 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2022 5:39 am
elmassuave, elmassuave, elmassuave and 1 people reacted
Primordial
(@primordial)
Famed Member

Having interacted with a house-full of several baseball players the past two semesters (as a property manager), I can tell you they weren't exactly the most committed of athletes from my experience shall we say.  The team was kinda 'meh' in its play, definitely with a bit of grit here and there.  The lack of visibility of the new coach hasn't been impressive.  I'd love to call the forum 'Brown's Brawlers', but agree that 'Lobo Baseball' is fine for the moment...

Let's see how this next season plays out!

This post was modified 5 months ago by Primordial
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2022 10:29 am
elmassuave, elmassuave, elmassuave and 1 people reacted
hunterig
(@hunterig)
Noble Member

My impression of Brown is that he does not wish to generate any excitement and he does not want fans involved, thus th secrecy around the program.

Either that, or SID has failed immensely.

Did you know we open the season with Oregon State and Minnesota in Surprise, AZ? I got that from the Oregon State baseball website, not UNM's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2022 3:03 pm
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)
Member Registered

Time to change it... Glad they changed recruiting coordinators, now maybe someone might actually show interest from players in this neck of the woods. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2022 12:37 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Illustrious Member

I think it needs to be moved to Other Sports (which hasn't had a post in two months). And all the Lobo women's sports should be combined into a single forum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2022 9:14 pm
Remus Lupin
(@remus-lupin)
Noble Member

Why not just return the name to "Lobo Baseball"?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2022 10:00 am
RENOLOBO
(@renolobo)
Posted by: @hunterig

My impression of Brown is that he does not wish to generate any excitement and he does not want fans involved, thus th secrecy around the program.

Either that, or SID has failed immensely.

Did you know we open the season with Oregon State and Minnesota in Surprise, AZ? I got that from the Oregon State baseball website, not UNM's.

No roster, no schedule on the website.  Kinda mysterious.  Mums the word.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2022 10:49 am
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)
Member Registered

I have attempted to send them numerous athletes, never hear back.. Damn shame.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2022 10:33 am
ricoLobo
(@ricolobo)
Famed Member
Posted by: @nmfaninokc

Hmmm, curious. do you have any ideas as to why not? And where have the kids you've tried to send them ended up?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2022 2:07 pm
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)
Member Registered
Posted by: @ricolobo
Posted by: @nmfaninokc

Hmmm, curious. do you have any ideas as to why not? And where have the kids you've tried to send them ended up?

No idea, kids have landed at KU, TCU, ACU, Louisiana Tech to name a few. Does not hurt me, they can recruit NM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2022 7:01 pm