Forum

RSS
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Lobo
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

I wonder the whole thinking process.  A balanced schedule is a good thing.  But the rumors on both men & women sides have been that the P5 schools are wanting to schedule less OOC games with non-P5 conferences, which makes it harder for conferences like the MW to schedule good teams.  Just curious how much of what was really behind this--or what other thinking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2020 6:13 pm
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Lobo

They didn't keep to an all teams schedule like they said it was going to be.  There was no rhyme or reason to how they figured out who played who on the women's side and more times than not it was harmful to some teams and beneficial to others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2020 9:18 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

It's been a long time since any MW team had a legitimate claim to an at-large bid. Since the conference title is the only obtainable prize, it makes sense to make it a fair fight. I still think UNLV deserves an asterisk by their co-championship two years ago because they drew the easiest schedule. The 20-game schedule levels the playing court.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2020 10:03 pm
nmsutoo and Lobo2x53 liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: @nmsutoo

They didn't keep to an all teams schedule like they said it was going to be.  There was no rhyme or reason to how they figured out who played who on the women's side and more times than not it was harmful to some teams and beneficial to others.

From the beginning they admitted there was a very simple logic to the women's schedule: they ignored it.  They used various logics year to year to play with the men's schedule, and by default the women's opponents were then the same.

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Lobo2x53
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2020 7:46 am
Grit and nmsutoo liked
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered

I support the change as I considered the unbalanced schedule unfair.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2020 7:51 am
nmsutoo and txlobo95 liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @elmassuave

I support the change as I considered the unbalanced schedule unfair.

Especially 2 years ago when there were really only 2 contenders and only 1 game at bsu to determine the champ.  No return game at the PIT.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2020 11:11 am

Please Login or Register