Looks like Essence Booker leaving Nevada  

RSS
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Lobo
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

Another tough loss for the league. Third year in a row that Nevada lost a starter. King last year and a DWI the year before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2020 9:41 pm
Grit liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

Need to keep our better players.  Shame to see her transfer.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2020 10:40 pm
Lobo2x53 and Grit liked
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

Three more players are leaving Nevada (Maio, Nakai, and Johnson), all JC transfers who only stayed one year. Maio was a top sub. The other two didn't get to play as much. With only one year of eligibility left, I would guess they will go D2.

That makes a total of five transfers this year, three of whom were key players.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2019-summer-2020/4/

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Lobo2x53 liked
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Lobo

Two more, Imani Lacy and Jena Williams

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfer-news-march-2020/

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 3:19 am
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

Wow! When your best players leave, that's not a good sign. It's not about playing time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 10:27 am
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

You have to wonder if the pandemic travel problems might make a lot of players consider transferring closer to home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 12:47 pm
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered
Posted by: @string-music

You have to wonder if the pandemic travel problems might make a lot of players consider transferring closer to home.

Do you believe that may impact the Lobos ability to fill roster vacancies in the spring signing period with impact players?  Certainly, after a losing season, coach Bradbury needs newcomers capable of being a starter immediately.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Grit

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 1:26 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @ldlbfn26

Two more, Imani Lacy and Jena Williams

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfer-news-march-2020/

6 Nevada players in portal - 😳😳😳😳.  Hope Tx is noticing NM isn’t only school with several transfers lately.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 7:22 pm
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Lobo

an article and a few minute discussion

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/imani-lacy-jen-williams-latest-nevada-wolf-pack-players-to-hit-transfer-portal

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 25, 2020 1:20 am
abqpianist, Lobo2x53, String Music and 1 people liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: @elmassuave
Posted by: @string-music

Do you believe that may impact the Lobos ability to fill roster vacancies in the spring signing period with impact players?  Certainly, after a losing season, coach Bradbury needs newcomers capable of being a starter immediately.

I am sure it is hampering all schools.  But it seemed that they were working the phones and airlines before all this--so I am hoping they already have their list.  With no face-face recruiting, it is telephone & video conferencing, and we have a couple of coaches I assume are quite good on those media.  We will find out shortly I guess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 25, 2020 10:05 pm
LDLBFN26 and Grit liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

2X53 - I know you were spending a lot of time traveling back East.  I hope you and your mom are doing well and remain healthy.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 26, 2020 4:42 pm
Lobo2x53 and LDLBFN26 liked

Please Login or Register