Texas Tech ve UNM

Notifications
Clear all

Texas Tech ve UNM

Page 1 / 2
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Pack Leader

anyone having trouble getting 610 on the internet?

Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 2:44 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

Not working for me either

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 2:55 pm
nmsutoo liked
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Pack Leader

I think there is a video check UNM WBB schedule

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 2:57 pm
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Lobo

https://livestream.com/coopersports3/vcclassic

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 3:00 pm
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Pack Leader

17/16 TT at the first break.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 3:08 pm
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Lobo

17-16 TT up. Lobos need to work on the defense. TT hitting from 3pt range early.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 3:08 pm
nmsutoo liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

Both sides shooting well.  Too many Lobo fouls.

TT up 27-25 after 1.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Lobo2x53
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 3:19 pm
nmsutoo liked
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Lobo

Lobos just a half step to slow so reach in fouls are being called on them

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 3:21 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

Not enough defense and rebounding in that half. Down 49-41 at half. Referees are calling lots of fouls.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 3:49 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

TTU is crashing the boards on free throws. Not trying to block them out is inexcusable. Those extra points can be the difference between winning and losing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:00 pm
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Pack Leader

Frustrating Game To watch.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 4:22 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

Down 65-52 after three quarters. We aren't getting good looks on offense. Overmatched heightwise on both ends.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:24 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

No real attempt to get much of anything inside.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:25 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

Texas Tech is widening...70-54.  Timeout Lady Lobos!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:27 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

Final 82-75. We didn't really try to make a comeback. Played zone and got a respectable score.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:46 pm
nmsutoo liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

Need to find fixes to rebounding, post D, and getting some offence off the bench.

Hopefully they can take some lessons from this weekend and absorb them before Tues/Fri/Sun three games.  Next three very winable, then the midterm exam in Tucson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:02 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo
Posted by: @string-music

Final 82-75. We didn't really try to make a comeback. Played zone and got a respectable score.

This is gonna be a tough one to explain away in March IMO Stringy. I don't think Texas Tech is that great and their final record isn't going to be very good but because of their conference, their RPI will be respectable.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:04 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobo2x53

Need to find fixes to rebounding, post D, and getting some offence off the bench.

Hopefully they can take some lessons from this weekend and absorb them before Tues/Fri/Sun three games.  Next three very winable, then the midterm exam in Tucson.

After this weekend, they need to ace that midterm if they have any hope of getting any kinda at large post season bid.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:07 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

I don't think we are built to compete with bigger athletic teams. We become quite one dimensional in those situations, and if we're not hitting a high percentage of our threes, we're in a bad way. 

Doesn't mean I don't like our team. I do, and will enjoy watching them. I just hope we start building more size with what we are doing. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:17 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

I think an at-large bid is out of reach now unless we could somehow miraculously beat Arizona. The main thing is preparing for conference play and the tournament. NET rating only matters as far as seeding in the event we do win the MWC tournament.

This weekend pretty much guaranteed that the MWC will be a 1-bid league again. Only CSU has an outside chance at an at-large bid. And other than N. Illinois, their schedule isn't going to help them much unless they dominate the MWC.

I still think UNLV is the team to beat despite two losses that they needed to turn around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:25 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

I think an at-large bid is out of reach now unless we could somehow miraculously beat Arizona. The main thing is preparing for conference play and the tournament. NET rating only matters as far as seeding in the event we do win the MWC tournament.

This weekend pretty much guaranteed that the MWC will be a 1-bid league again. Only CSU has an outside chance at an at-large bid. And other than N. Illinois, their schedule isn't going to help them much unless they dominate the MWC.

I still think UNLV is the team to beat despite two losses that they needed to turn around.

It seems like a lifetime ago Stringy, but it has only been a decade since MWC multi bid seasons were the norm.  

2005: 2 bids

2006: 4 bids

2007-2009: 3 bids

2010: 2 bids

2011-date: auto bid only

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 5:38 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

In the last 10 years the big conferences have taken WBB more seriously.  More teams in those conferences are actually trying.  They are taking almost all the big athletic players unless they are development projects.  To get bigger probably means getting slower in the post, or one-dimensional like Nike was.  If we get lucky with a Jaisa, that is great.  But I suspect we are unlikely to get many of the 6'4" athletic types.  Azaria could have been closer to one of those but two years after her injury she was not physically back to what she was.  There was a 6'4" super athletic girl from Rhodesia(?) who would have been a project, but likely worth the time--the staff thought they had her, but a Pac-10 team did some questionably underhanded things and wound up getting her.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 6:23 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @lesismoore

It seems like a lifetime ago Stringy, but it has only been a decade since MWC multi bid seasons were the norm.  

Unfortunately, a lot of those bids were to Utah, BYU, and TCU. Not the same conference. And SDSU is not the same team it was back then either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 6:56 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

Unfortunately, a lot of those bids were to Utah, BYU, and TCU. Not the same conference. And SDSU is not the same team it was back then either.

Nor are we. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 7:38 pm
jopoe
(@jopoe)
Lobo

I could not watch. Tried, but did not find any streaming.  Listened to 95.9 fm.  A very bad game played by Lobos it seemed.  Rebounding a big bugaboo. Kudos to Jaedyn for her 1,000 point milestone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 9:40 pm
nmsutoo liked
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

the future of the program is a bit of a concern...Bradbury needs to be taking a good look at his staff's recruiting..

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 10:20 pm
nmsutoo liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: @lobodawg92

Nor are we. 🙂

Nor is the landscape of WBB.  Just as with MBB and the football bowls/playoffs, the non P5 schools have seen their opportunities shrink, and I do not see that changing.  The UCONNs and Gonzagas are unicorns now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 10:35 pm
srlobo
(@srlobo)
Pup

But the lack of respect for the conference almost guarantees that that the conference champion will be matched against a top sixteen seed on their home floor.  The most we can hope for is a 12 seed to get a more winnable first round game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 5:47 am
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @zoom

the future of the program is a bit of a concern...Bradbury needs to be taking a good look at his staff's recruiting..

I would like to see Nike become an assistant coach.  Not only for her personality but a true post player coaching our posts.  That's one thing I have felt has been lacking in Bradbury's staff personnel.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2021 2:50 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

Non-P5 conferences would help their cause if they would quit emulating the size of P5 conferences. No need to have more than 10 teams in any conference for any reason (other than the dictates of TV executives who have screwed up NCAA sports - another topic). But you especially don't want a large conference if you are only going to get one bid regardless of size. Last I heard you only need 8 teams to be a legitimate conference. Nine makes a football schedule of 8 games and basketball 16. The MWC had nine until SDSU and BSU screwed it up by leaving just long enough to force us to add SJSU and Utah State.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 5:10 pm
nmsutoo liked
Page 1 / 2
Share: