Forum

What to expect toni...

Notifications
Clear all

What to expect tonight?

Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

I just don't know what to expect from the ladies tonight. I know I wasn't happy with the second half effort against pv, and sounds like we had a horrid second half against Houston. We have a good team when they focus and play hard.  Which will we see?  I'm hoping we have learned and we bring our best effort tonight.  Sure would like to see us somehow get back to an ncaa tourney type of program. 

Topic starter Posted : November 23, 2021 10:50 am
abqpianist, nmsutoo, Primordial and 1 people liked
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

Heckroth and Suchon in his return to the Lady Lobos sound great and it's an easy LL win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 10:59 am
abqpianist, nmsutoo, txlobo95 and 3 people liked
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

@darkside 

Well, you called that one!  Nice game it seems!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 23, 2021 8:53 pm
String Music
(@string-music)
Pack Leader

Can't say this game helped us much to get ready for SFA. But it gave the subs more chance to play. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of point production out of them. Rebeka had her best game with two 3's and a nice assist to Nevaeh. Paula had another good game, but just hasn't found her groove in finishing shots.

It looks like we have three solid posts. And Kath is OK as the 4th as long as she doesn't have to guard anyone over 6'. It is hard to know who the first guard off the bench should be. Tonight it was Aniyah. She gives us energy, defense, and rebounding. But she still makes me nervous when the ball is in her hands. Viane feels like the safer choice even if she isn't as quick. Zeyno and Kenzie appear to be #10 and #11 in the rotation. But not that far behind. The biggest gap now is between #6 (Paula) and #7.

After this weekend, we should know a bit more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 10:09 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

I think the difference is that in the post rotation Paula is the clear first off the bench.  At guard it is more dependent upon what is needed.  Vi and Aniyah bring different things.  Jaedyn has been playing well overall but her 3 pt has not been good, and Tay is not up to full condition yet so there are definitely times when Viane's shooting is the need.  But in general, right now, I think Aniyah is the more common 1st guard off the bench, especially if she is coming in for Tay or Jayden and can pair with Tora to handle pressure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 3:42 pm
nmsutoo, abqpianist, String Music and 1 people liked
Share: