Forum

Adrressing the OL w...

Notifications
Clear all

Adrressing the OL woes

Lobosergei
(@lobosergei)
Pup

I like Danny, I really do but this OL is Locksley era product.  What happened? Even with Davie we had decent linemen who could open holes and were decent pass blockers. Was watching the Notre Dame from 2019 and those guys played better against a top 5 team than this bunch did against nmsu or Houston baptist. Not sure what happened to Stapley. Seems to have digressed. I think we really need to hit the transfer portal or get some JC guys for immediate help. What do you think?

Topic starter Posted : November 7, 2021 9:51 pm
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo

Our OL suffered many injuries this year (that I believe is because of lack of a off season weight training program). So  without chemistry an OL cannot be as effective as it should be.

We have some young big boys who redshirted but did see playing time this year in Bailey and Asenuga. They are our highest OL recruits of all-time. 

Missouri transfer Jack Buford was playing great until he got injured. He will be back and is a legit 4* OL. 

Our best OL Cade Briggs will be back, he still has 3 years of eligibility is he wants them. Gutierrez and Cook got valuable playing time this year.

If you look the majority of our O linemen on the roster are freshmen. So we have a lot of size coming up. Plus we will add at least 3 more this recruiting season.

Going the Juco route at this point is not a good option. Best to keep with the development of the youth movement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 2:48 pm
hunterig, RyMo, Lobodawg92 and 5 people liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

O line can only get better and if we are young and big with an offseason of weights, should be improved.  I want to see solid run blocking which we had yesterday and in other games this year and pass blocking.  Pass blocking seemed to not be there for TW and for a few others late in the season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2021 2:24 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

If Santa is granting wishes,

There would be a staff realignment, and DeBesse would be brought back as the oc.  His triple option seemed quicker developing than what we have been running. It was highly successful and a bit unconventional. That would seem to be a great fit with Rocky's defense. 

I'm not calling wareheim (sp?) out, but think it could be a great learning experience to work within DeBesse's offense. If that is not possible, I wish Derek W. Would reach out to DeBesse for some tutalidge/advice, and learn how best to be productive within that. 

I think next year will still be tough, but I'm still excited about the future. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2021 4:42 pm
zoom and Lobo Amor liked
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

The offensive line was the problem. I want Lenz to be held accountable. We can not have a bad blocking team three years in a row. He needs to do a better job next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 10:24 am
Lobo Amor liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

Offense put up 12 points a game and went to 9.5 ppg over last 9 games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 4:41 pm
lobovike
(@lobovike)
Pup
Posted by: @dj-33

Offense put up 12 points a game and went to 9.5 ppg over last 9 games.

This is not meant to be personal at all toward our coaches but I don’t see how that isn’t an automatic firing of the OC situation in every single case. Dead last in the nation in total offense and scoring offense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 6:26 pm
LoboMike liked
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Pup

Cade Briggs just announced he’s transferring

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 11:14 am
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Lobo Registered, Lobo level
Posted by: @mr-banana

Cade Briggs just announced he’s transferring

https://twitter.com/cadebriggs55/status/1465377802757148673?t=kVmqpnuVqEkpxq-UyTeSlg&s=19

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 11:34 am
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

Sounds like Lobo Amor had inside info on Cade Briggs "... 3 years of eligibility if he wants them".

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 11:50 am
StLouLobo
(@stloulobo)
Pup

Jack Buford just entered the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/jackjack2k19/status/1465416038640611329

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 2:00 pm
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo
Posted by: @dj-33

Sounds like Lobo Amor had inside info on Cade Briggs "... 3 years of eligibility if he wants them".

Two years plus a redshirt he can still use. Briggs has received 5 offers in less than 24 hour since since entering the transfer portal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 5:35 am
trufan
(@trufan)
Pup Lobo level

@lobo-amor Just curious.  Who has offered?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 9:03 am
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo
Posted by: @trufan

@lobo-amor Just curious.  Who has offered?

Western Kentucky, Colorado St, UTSA,  Southern Mississippi, and Bowling Green.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 9:35 am
trufan liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

Let's get Gerry Pannoni from Rio Rancho to strength coach.  He is a house. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 6:29 pm
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo

@trufan 

Cade has picked up an offer from Washington St. and had an official visit to UCF plus an offer from them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 7:20 am
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Lobo Registered, Lobo level

Cade went on a visit to East Carolina a couple days ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2021 9:58 am
Lobo Amor liked
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo

Cade Briggs has committed to Texas Tech. He had other offers like TCU. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2021 3:00 pm
Lobosergei
(@lobosergei)
Pup

Did anyone pick up Jack Buford? No mention on his Twitter 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 21, 2021 11:46 am
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobosergei

Did anyone pick up Jack Buford? No mention on his Twitter 

Nope and he has not received one offer yet. Jack made a mistake in entering the transfer portal without playing much this season. He got injured which affected his lack of playing time. 

He should have waited until after this season that way he could have shown his versitility and ability to play in different systems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 2:22 pm
Share: