Alone again , in last place, naturally  

RSS
RENOLOBO
(@renolobo)
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level
Posted by: @renolobo

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/what-sp-projections-tell-us-about-the-mw-and-nevadas-golden-opportunity

Thanks for the link but as we all know this super early prognostication is just 100% based on last year's performance without any chance to analyse the upcoming year with an entirely new coaching staff and schemes on both sides of the ball. So bottom line for me is (with no offense to you meant) as Rhett said to Scarlett - "frankly my dear........"

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 3:51 am
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

Projections say AF is #21, down 44 spots? How is that even possible? Guess that’s pretty much sums up this meaningly projection. lol

Mountain West teams in 2020

38. Boise State (30th, down 8)

65. Air Force (21st, down 44)

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 7:41 am
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

@redsox87122

Nevada uses an app that doesn't work. They need to go back to the paper method for MWC predictions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 8:18 am
Red Blazer, Doublealum, DWL and 1 people liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

@Class72

I think it is the same broken app Nevada uses on their slots. No wonder I never win. 😳

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 8:21 am
Lobodawg92, AbqLobo, UNM Class of1972 and 1 people liked
ManiacalWolf5
(@maniacalwolf5)
Pup
Posted by: @redsox87122

Projections say AF is #21, down 44 spots? How is that even possible? Guess that’s pretty much sums up this meaningly projection. lol

Mountain West teams in 2020

38. Boise State (30th, down 8)

65. Air Force (21st, down 44)

The article is saying that Air Force is currently ranked 65, down 44 spots from the 2019 season when they ended up 21st

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @doublealum
Posted by: @renolobo

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/what-sp-projections-tell-us-about-the-mw-and-nevadas-golden-opportunity

Thanks for the link but as we all know this super early prognostication is just 100% based on last year's performance without any chance to analyse the upcoming year with an entirely new coaching staff and schemes on both sides of the ball. So bottom line for me is (with no offense to you meant) as Rhett said to Scarlett - "frankly my dear........"

Yes. And I love the reference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2020 1:02 am
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo

You really need to be careful with the SP+ stuff. They go based on how you did the prior 5 years and recruiting rankings. So it's based on patterns not actual real football. Doesn't account for coaching changes, injuries, scheme changes, system fits, etc...

A good example is CSewe. They had excellent recruiting classes under HC Bobo but they were not system fits so they underperformed their expectations. Since we had bad recruiting classes and seasons these last two years, we are expected to be horrible once again. That's why I don't put a lot of stock in analytics, especially this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2020 7:09 pm

Please Login or Register