Forum

Danny's Stacking th...

Notifications
Clear all

Danny's Stacking the Schedules

Lobo4444
(@lobo4444)
Lobo

Lobos add Arizona on September 3, 2024 as of today.  2 power teams in 2024, 2025, and 2027.  Wishes for 2026 (paired with Oklahoma)?  2028 also has Oregon State as a home game.  We could add another power team there too.

Also, per GoLobos, the Aggie game will have to be October 8, October 15, or November 5 next year - their only open dates.

Topic starter Posted : September 21, 2021 1:39 pm
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Lobo

I have always felt the the annual game with the school down south, should come at the end of the season, during ‘rivalry week’. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 2:02 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

Danny has the same attitude toward schedules as I do. Bring it on! let's rumble a few times a year with the best!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 5:46 pm
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

I like DG scheduling. Any team any place. This can only help recruiting. You want to be the best you play the best teams possible

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 6:40 pm
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

Is the game at Arizona just a one time deal and not a home and home? They are currently the worst P5 team in the country this year and I don't think they pay what people like Texas A&M and LSU do for "money" games.

So that would be surprising if it's the case, but it would probably be a winnable game against a P5. So there is that, which I understand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

@lobomike 

i heard Van “the Man” Tate say on this evening’s sportscast the UNM & Arizona are ‘renewing the series’ for whatever that’s worth.  

In any case, just cause the Kitties are not currently powerhouses doesn’t mean that they won’t be in the not too distant future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2021 10:42 pm
GoN4it liked
LoboMarv46
(@duncan46)
Pup

Northern Arizona U beat Arizona over the weekend.  This 2024 game should be a good game with our recruiting picking up.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2021 8:20 am
Gonzlobo
(@gonzlobo)
Pack Leader

I've been wanting to tailgate at an OU game, but not sure I'm willing to see a UNM bloodbath.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2021 8:32 pm
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @lobomike

Is the game at Arizona just a one time deal and not a home and home? They are currently the worst P5 team in the country this year and I don't think they pay what people like Texas A&M and LSU do for "money" games.

So that would be surprising if it's the case, but it would probably be a winnable game against a P5. So there is that, which I understand.

In the presser that's on The Lair homepage right now DG talks about trying to work out the details to make it a home and home series. I think he mentions another team for that as well. UMass maybe....?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2021 10:32 am
Share: