Keep the Faith

Notifications
Clear all

Keep the Faith

DWL
 DWL
(@DWL)
Lobo

We fans live in the short term. Game by game. 

This is our second go around with Rocky lead defenses at UNM. The past indicates that it took 4/5 years of recruiting and development to be in a position to complete for a MW title.

Danny will do it in the same amount of time and take it farther than the previous admin/president/coaches did. 

Its ugly now. It is hard to see the growth/improvement. However, it is there. 

Like the next 4 years “next year will be better than lasts “.

Stay the course. 

Topic starter Posted : November 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Doublealum, Lobo Amor, Lobo2x53 and 9 people liked
Riches6
(@riches6)
Lobo

Totally agree!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 9:21 am
Leviblu and Servehim liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

Absolutely. Stick behind Coach G and Rocky! Stick behind the players! It's not like anyone in the program isn't trying to build and get better. It will happen and both players and coach need us behind them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 1:02 pm
Doublealum, Leviblu, Servehim and 1 people liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

I see the improvement.  Defensive line has had pressure and in the backfield, Dumas has been able to run even with O line issues, secondary doesn't seem to get burned as much as previous years, and team seems to play until the end even if out of it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 3:25 pm
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Pup

UNM's Total Defense is currently ranked 40th (DUDE, WHAT??). 

Total Offense on the other hand is 129th out of 130. Fix the offense and we are back in the hunt. 

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 5:10 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

70ish years of mostly ineptitude is not exactly short term and I get why it is going to be hard to get folks off their couches and out of the tailgates and into the stadium.

That said, I have faith that DG will be a very good coach and I hope that Rocky sticks around for another 5 years at least.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2021 6:34 pm
zoom, Leviblu and Servehim liked
Riches6
(@riches6)
Lobo
Posted by: @mr-banana

UNM's Total Defense is currently ranked 40th (DUDE, WHAT??). 

Total Offense on the other hand is 129th out of 130. Fix the offense and we are back in the hunt. 

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

40th is much better than I would have thought.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2021 12:53 pm
acct_lobo liked
Hador
(@hador)
Lobo
Posted by: @DWL

We fans live in the short term. Game by game. 

This is our second go around with Rocky lead defenses at UNM. The past indicates that it took 4/5 years of recruiting and development to be in a position to complete for a MW title.

Danny will do it in the same amount of time and take it farther than the previous admin/president/coaches did. 

Its ugly now. It is hard to see the growth/improvement. However, it is there. 

Like the next 4 years “next year will be better than lasts “.

Stay the course. 

Defense isn't the issue. The issue is that for years it seems our QBs are getting injured the minute they step on the field. Not really sure what the issue is there, is it the option plays, is it a general lack of protection, physical issues with the QBs we recruit....I don't know.

What I do know is that it is almost impossible to have any kind of success on almost any level of football if you have to replace your QB every other quarter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 2:40 am
Riches6
(@riches6)
Lobo

I really thought this year would be better.  I predicted 7-5 and was obviously way off but had not our starting QB gone down we might have won another game along the way.  Our defense is well on its way but the offense is woeful.  We have to find some quarterback help in the offseason as well as offensive lineman to protect him.

I truly believe DG will become the best head coach in Lobo history and lead us to a championship.  He has the passion.  I am 100% behind him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 10:06 am
Share: