(@lobodawg92)
Illustrious Member

We're planning on being there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2022 12:56 pm
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Illustrious Member

Dante Martin out 4 weeks with collapsed lung discovered after the game.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 6, 2022 6:09 pm
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Illustrious Member

I gave Cody Moon a fist bump and told him I enjoyed watching him play and to keep trying to take peoples head off.  He said yes sir which made me feel old.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 6, 2022 8:38 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member

@dj-33 wishing him a full and speedy recovery - health 1st, school 2nd, then football.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2022 8:49 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Illustrious Member

I was a bit disappointed, as i felt there was no real discussion about our offensive problems and what is/will be done to resolve them.

Have we accepted it is what it is for now?  Given up?  Stay the course?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2022 8:32 am
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Illustrious Member

@lobodawg92 Did you submit a question, or call-in if you weren’t there?  Coach Gonzales is very open to questions about any aspect of his program. He appreciates questions from fans more so, because to him, it means they care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2022 9:59 am
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Illustrious Member

Robert Portnoy always takes the phone call in from the 1 remote caller.  He says you can submit questions from the room by giving it to him on a piece of paper.  I think he would certainly ask it if it was a favorable question, instead of "why does the offense suck?" 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2022 10:46 am
Lobodawg92 reacted
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @dj-33

Dante Martin out 4 weeks with collapsed lung discovered after the game.

Along with CB Andrell Barney entering the transfer portal. Getting thin on experience in the secondary now.

Who gets the start in Donte's place?

This post was modified 2 months ago by NightWolf
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2022 11:03 am
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Illustrious Member

@dj-33 I have never asked a question along the lines of why does our offense suck.  However, I have tried to ask some questions in the past, and sir Robert doesn't ask the question I asked.  Anything that can be perceived as having a negative connotation he has self edited and not even ask what I was poking at.

And I did not ask last night. As that happens to be our biggest concern by far at this point, I had thought they would have addressed it, the offense. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2022 11:59 am
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Illustrious Member

@lobodawg92 Yeah I hear you, I heard that too about keeping things rosy positive at Lobo Talk.  DG did talk about the uptempo QB switching as working initially, missing some key 3rd down conversions, noting that Montes/Holaday can sling it and have good arms but we haven't seen it, Holaday pushing Montes and perhaps having best speed... but no clear points about what is changing or possibly changing with the offense.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2022 1:50 pm
GoN4it
(@gon4it)
Illustrious Member

@lobodawg92 I hear ya as well. Same thing has happened to me with questions I've asked in the past. Was told that because of the short length of the show, coaches, guests, and getting in sponsorship advertisement (hyping up the sponsoring business hosting the shows), not all questions can be answered. 

I don't like calling into the show when I can't make it in person, I get nervous for some reason, and don't want to sound like a dufus! lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2022 3:46 pm
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Illustrious Member

We are going to have to sponsor the show as "What's going on with the offense coach?" with the slogan of "Any Warehime ideas for how to get the tight ends involved"? as the slogan. 

That way when Portnoy inserts the advertisement into the convo, DG hears it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 8, 2022 10:33 am
Lobodawg92 reacted
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @dj-33

We are going to have to sponsor the show as "What's going on with the offense coach?" with the slogan of "Any Warehime ideas for how to get the tight ends involved"? as the slogan. 

That way when Portnoy inserts the advertisement into the convo, DG hears it.

OK, that got a laugh out of me!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2022 11:42 am