Forum

Lobos add QB Miles ...

Notifications
Clear all

Lobos add QB Miles Kendrick

EPluribusUNM
(@epluribusunm)
Lobo

https://www.abqjournal.com/2462654/lobos-add-qb-miles-kendrick-transfer-from-kansas.html

Without a snap in a Lobo uni, who's to say he won't be a boost to the program?

Waiting for @loboamor to give his insight on the prospects for the offensive line. I agree, this will be a major variable in his success or that of the others in the "quarterback room."

“Miles came from San Mateo Junior College where he led his team to an 11-2 record before going to Kansas,” Gonzales said. “He knows how to win. He’s athletic and has a strong arm. He adds another competitor to the QB room and will compete to be our starting QB.”

Topic starter Posted : January 22, 2022 4:23 pm
Scott, MilitaryLobo, Grit and 2 people liked
Hoser
(@hoser)
Pack Leader

I hope he is a good pickup but I would like to see Gonzales get one more QB from the transfer portal before next season.  

This post was modified 4 months ago by Hoser
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 22, 2022 8:25 pm
Grit and EPluribusUNM liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

@hoser time will tell - don’t know 2who is available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 22, 2022 9:31 pm
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Lobo Registered, Lobo level

FYI,

Kyler Murray is like the exact same size .

Murray.  5'10, 207

Kendrick  5'10, 205

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by NightWolf
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 2:42 pm
Golobosguy
(@golobosguy)
Lobo

@nightwolf    SO?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 6:59 pm
hunterig liked
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Posted by: @golobosguy

@nightwolf    SO?

So?

5'10 quarterbacks aren't that unusual. 

Lamar Jordan  5'10 187

Mikey Keene at USF is also about 5'10. (alhough listed at 5'11), and became USF's starting quarterback as a freshman. 

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by NightWolf
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 8:14 pm
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Pup
Posted by: @nightwolf

@nightwolf    SO?

So?

Lamar Jordan  5'10 187

Mikey Keene at USF is also about 5'10. (alhough listed at 5'11), and became USF's starting quarterback as a freshman. 

The problem isn’t his height. The problem is he only started 2 games at Kansas (which were in 2020 not 2021), he’s is coming off a season ending leg injury, he’s the 8th different starter in Gonzales’ 20 games and now people are comparing him to Kyler Murray. 

At best, dude is a Honda Civic. Let’s not pretend he’s a Lamborghini. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 8:54 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)

Hey, I have a radical idea, why don’t we wait to see 1) if he becomes our QB and 2) see him play before 3) we judge him anything. I welcome him and am anxious to see what he brings. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 9:54 pm
hunterig, Leviblu, motaglos and 2 people liked
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Pup

@doublealum oh buddy if you think DG brought a grad transfer 6th year QB in to not start, I have some ocean front property to sell you…

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2022 10:15 pm
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Posted by: @mr-banana

@nightwolf    SO?

So?

Lamar Jordan  5'10 187

The problem isn’t his height. The problem is he only started 2 games at Kansas (which were in 2020 not 2021), he’s is coming off a season ending leg injury, he’s the 8th different starter in Gonzales’ 20 games and now people are comparing him to Kyler Murray. 

I was only comparing him to Kyler Murray in stature only,  nothing else.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 12:44 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)

@mr-banana of course that is the hope but he will have to earn it during competition. it appears you not only want to 100% pre-determine the competition but also his entire contribution - Nostradamus is a piker compared to your prognostication prowess. While I’m checking out some ocean-front property, I’ll also be withholding final judgement until he has a chance at least to take one snap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 2:22 am
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)
Posted by: @mr-banana

@nightwolf    SO?

So?

Lamar Jordan  5'10 187

I was only comparing him to Kyler Murray in stature only,  nothing else.

Exactly.. I have seen him play numerous times.. His escapability and athleticism will be fun to watch for sure! I think he will do good things to be honest. I am more worried about our poor OC to be honest. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 6:40 am
EPluribusUNM
(@epluribusunm)
Lobo

Dear Mr. Banana, alias, "Man behind the curtain"

We should send him back to Kansas. His trip down the yellow brick road does not meet the wizard's entitled demands. There's no way he can get a heart, or courage, or stronger leg than that before his injury. With that leg injury, his development physically and mentally stopped. 

Among those available to add value to next year's Lobos, the coaches saw something in him, and to agree to come to UNM, Miles saw something in us.

He's not the starter for fall 2022. He may be, but he'll be competing for it as coaches watch how he performs in upcoming practices in the conditions our 2022 team presents. Perhaps that fact alone will help the entire corps of quarterbacks even if he sees no time on the field. 

This post was modified 4 months ago by EPluribusUNM
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 24, 2022 9:55 am
Leviblu, loboman, Doublealum and 1 people liked
BadgeofHonor1
(@badgeofhonor1)
Pup

"Listed" at 5'10", which means he is prolly about 5'7" in reality. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 10:58 am
loboman
(@loboman)
Lobo

@badgeofhonor1 Troll

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 11:07 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)

@badgeofhonor1 yep and Josh Allen is only 6'  - Tom Brady 5'11" - Eddie LaBarron was 5'2" and Shaq was really "only" 6'3" and 185 Lbs.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 11:10 am
Lobo Amor
(@lobo-amor)
Lobo

Miles Kendrick is not coming to be UNM's savior, and whiners on here need to stop with all the crying 

What Kendricks gives us is a experienced and mature option at QB. Ask any KU fan that knows their football and they will tell you that the offense flowed with Kendrick behind center. Don't forget he started 13 games as a true freshman at San Mateo JC leading them to a 11-2 mark. 

Kendrick is going to be here to help install our new offense. The new offense will also help with pass protection, whenever defenses have to play assignment based football it slows down their pass rush. 

I am fine with Kendrick being a game manager while the running game gets going and the defense continues it's rise. 

You can either get behind and support our team or whine and moan to no avail. I chose to root and support the guys who are here and want to be Lobos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 12:38 pm
Primordial, SouthTexasLobo, Leviblu and 7 people liked
BadgeofHonor1
(@badgeofhonor1)
Pup

@doublealum 

Legit tall guys don't usually need height embellishment tactics. Little dudes like Danny Gonzales' recruits, and defenders of his recruiting, most always do. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 2:20 pm
Mr. Banana
(@mr-banana)
Pup
Posted by: @doublealum

he will have to earn it during competition.

LMAO

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 3:30 pm
 Anonymous

@mr-banana 

What do you find so funny? made sense to me

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 4:40 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)

@badgeofhonor1 check college b-ball roster listings - in any event sounds like you have an inches envy. You can focus on how big he may be and I’ll enjoy watching him play - to each their own

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 6:31 pm
Scott, motaglos and liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)

@mr-banana glad to help you with your trimming efforts. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 6:33 pm
LoboMarv46
(@duncan46)
Pup

Does this mean the Lobos are sticking with the triple option run game?  ala Lamar Jordan type qb...   If that's the case they better recruit 4 more qbs with our injury history.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2022 10:47 pm
loboss liked
Lobopride76
(@lobopride76)
Pup

Yes. they are sticking with the option. Wait until you see Jahmar Sanders from Port Arthur, TX Memorial. He signed in December. He might shock everyone and start as a true freshmen. Very dynamic, very fast, and perfect for the option. He won't be there for spring so that will set him back but he is a huge recruit for this program and that system.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Lobopride76
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2022 9:48 am
Primordial, SouthTexasLobo, Leviblu and 3 people liked
loboss
(@loboss)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobopride76

Yes. they are sticking with the option. Wait until you see Jahmar Sanders from Port Arthur, TX Memorial. He signed in December. He might shock everyone and start as a true freshmen. Very dynamic, very fast, and perfect for the option. He won't be there for spring so that will set him back but he is a huge recruit for this program and that system.

Option QBs at UNM half life is measured in minutes.  We need to only recruit HS QBs as running backs and have them in hot standby.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2022 8:50 am
EPluribusUNM
(@epluribusunm)
Lobo

Lobo fans eat their own. Some disposed of Miles before he stepped onto the field. Also, disposed of was a new offensive line.

Good tongue in cheek, backhanded praise for Jahmar Sanders, and I'm sure the staff sets HS QBs as a priority. Probably none will ever see action as RBs.

@Lobopride 76 is another who has built a solid rep on this board. Thanks to him!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2022 12:49 pm
SouthTexasLobo and liked
DWL
 DWL
(@DWL)
Lobo

Would you knuckleheads please go watch videos of Coastal Carolina’s offense on YouTube. It will answer a lot of your questions. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2022 8:44 pm
Share: