Forum

You know it is bad

Notifications
Clear all

You know it is bad

Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Famed Member

It is sad that not one article in the  ABQ Journal about Lobo Football this morning. No Billboards or TV Ads on Lobo football. Albuquerque does not care about Lobo Football. TV news might have a 2 minute story but that is it. Only news on football comes from social media and that is not a lot maybe a 2 minute video or small article.

Topic starter Posted : August 13, 2022 11:29 am
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)
Member Registered

It really is a damn shame... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2022 11:42 am
lobosrsk
(@lobosrsk)
Noble Member

Lobo football is right up there with....pickle ball in terms of popularity.  Live in Omaha and Nebraska football is almost 24/7 here on local radio with lots of coverage on TV.  I was going to ask if there was any Lobo radio coverage in Albuquerque that could listen to on Tune-in or another popular app, but then realized I already knew the answer.  Still looking forward to the season.  BTW - any idea if the game against Maine is going to get any TV coverage?  The website isufootball.net (which shows all the college football game broadcast schedule) still shows TBA.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2022 1:58 pm
VTwin
(@vtwin)
Trusted Member

NMSU looking at a sellout tomorrow night as they kick off a new era of New Mexico State football. And with all the alumni in town for the weekend basketball will be holding an open practice to help familiarize fans with a stable of promising new recruits and a new era of Aggie basketball. This combined with over 20-million in new athletics investment announced yesterday has fans pumped for the fall and excited about the future of NMSU athletics! Go Aggies!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2022 8:52 pm
VTwin
(@vtwin)
Trusted Member

Double post

This post was modified 1 month ago by VTwin
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2022 8:53 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @vtwin

NMSU looking at a sellout tomorrow night as they kick off a new era of New Mexico State football. And with all the alumni in town for the weekend basketball will be holding an open practice to help familiarize fans with a stable of promising new recruits and a new era of Aggie basketball. This combined with over 20-million in new athletics investment announced yesterday has fans pumped for the fall and excited about the future of NMSU athletics! Go Aggies!

As an alum of both UNM and NMSU I wish the Aggies well. I am always a Lobo first so I hope we kick the Aggies ass this year.

I want NMSU to be successful because if they are it will get Lobos fans off their asses and to games if for no other reason than they think they are better than the Aggies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2022 9:21 am
VTwin
(@vtwin)
Trusted Member

Lord knows both schools can use all the support possible. What we need to do is lobby for investments from our oil and gas windfalls in to our higher education systems to include each of the two principal northern and southern universities Athletic programs They say athletics is the front porch of the University and in turn I would say the front porch of the state. Sounds to me 72 you have your priorities in order, I tip my hat to you sir. Next time you come down to Cruces for a game let me know and I’ll buy you an 1888.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2022 4:13 pm
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Famed Member

It is game week and it is slow in here. What threats does Maine have that could cause us fits. Any list of who is starting at all positions. Will we see a 70 percent run and 30 percent pass with our triple option?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 29, 2022 4:25 pm
loboman
(@loboman)
Famed Member
Posted by: @vtwin

I don't know where they were looking at a sellout.  It was far, far from a sellout.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2022 6:44 pm
motaglos, motaglos, motaglos and 1 people reacted
Hoser
(@hoser)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @lobomaniac2018

It is sad that not one article in the  ABQ Journal about Lobo Football this morning. No Billboards or TV Ads on Lobo football. Albuquerque does not care about Lobo Football. TV news might have a 2 minute story but that is it. Only news on football comes from social media and that is not a lot maybe a 2 minute video or small article.

Sadly I agree with everything you just posted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2022 7:46 am