No, Chad took a DWI and played

https://twitter.com/chad_adams04/status/1228400421590298624?s=20

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:30 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Lobo

@brooklyn_esq

I'm talking about CB. Was he found not guilty?

-Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:31 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

@boingee

Case is pending

Kendall jumps in too

https://twitter.com/KDubill10/status/1228410346014003200?s=2

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:43 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

Bringing Bragg back now will become a PR nightmare. 

Of course, not bringing Bragg back and continuing to get soundly defeated game after game, has also become a huge PR nightmare. It is apparent his loss has so weakened the team that folks are bailing. Vegas trips are being cancelled - and ticket sales are deflating. Weir’s seat is turning red hot.  

Truly a damned if you do/don’t scenario. Glad it is not my call to make.  

This post was modified 1 week ago by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:44 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Lobo

@redsox87122

true but one scenario could pan out to be a PR nightmare while winning?

-Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:46 pm
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

If they do bring him back it would have to be soon.  He would need time to get back into the flow of things (as we saw after he returned from suspension 1) and we only have  a handful of games left before Vegas.

With that said I feel like the ship has sailed on Bragg just like it has on Caldwell.  Nunez won't let them back.

This post was modified 1 week ago by MRLobo
ReplyQuote
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

PR? Nightmare? He should play, like Chad,  Kenny Thomas  and others before him.

ReplyQuote
Red Blazer, loboman, zoom and 4 people liked
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @mrlobo

If they do bring him back it would have to be soon.  He would need time to get back into the flow of things (as we saw after he returned from suspension 1) and we only have  a handful of games left before Vegas.

With that said I feel like the ship has sailed on Bragg just like it has on Caldwell.  Nunez won't let them back.

Sailed or did the  brass unilaterally sink it? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:50 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

No two scenarios are the same. Did Chad and Kenny also have attempted rape charges pending.

If Bragg returns and the DA files these charges - what then?  It’s easy for us fans to say put him on the floor - wins are needed. But, sometimes those wins come at too great of a price. That’s the call others will have to make.  

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 2:51 pm
Martin liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader

I’m of the thought that Bragg and Caldwell unilaterally put themselves in their own situations (it was neither’s first rodeo). They both had previous problems, both were warned and given another opportunity, both needed to be very careful and avoid future problems, and both did not.

Thus, one can argue they sank their ships - and, unfortunately other teammates and Lobo fans just happened to be on those ships.  Two players sank this season. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 3:00 pm
lobovb, Lucero, ThrowinBos and 2 people liked
Peacesells
(@peacesells)
Terminator Admin
Posted by: @redsox87122

I’m of the thought that Bragg and Caldwell unilaterally put themselves in their own situations (it was neither’s first rodeo). They both had previous problems, both were warned and given another opportunity, both needed to be very careful and avoid future problems, and both were not.

Thus, one can argue they sank their ships - and, unfortunately other teammates and Lobo fans just happened to be on those ships.  Two players sank this season. 

Except Bragg hasn't been proven guilty of anything.  There is no second violation at this point.  

My position as a moderator adds no validity to my opinions. I am a fan just like you and as such when I express a view it represents me and me alone and carries no more weight than any other fan other than the fact that I am always right. :biggrin: (Like everyone else.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 3:28 pm
Red Blazer, JulieG, howler and 1 people liked
NMFANINOKC
(@nmfaninokc)

LOL, "did things in my youth" The young man is 24 years old and has been shipped all over the country to play and has all sorts of issues. He needs to worry more about growing up and taking care of himself right now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 3:33 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @peacesells

I’m of the thought that Bragg and Caldwell unilaterally put themselves in their own situations (it was neither’s first rodeo). They both had previous problems, both were warned and given another opportunity, both needed to be very careful and avoid future problems, and both were not.

Except Bragg hasn't been proven guilty of anything.  There is no second violation at this point.  

Kansas violations - out!  ASU violations - out! Attempted rape, pending charges. Aggravated DWI, pending charges.

At some point, proving guilt because less of a factor than just avoiding more distractions. At some point a team just has to cut bait. Kansas did. ASU did. UNM finally did.

Wasn’t my call to make - but, certainly understand why others did react as they did. 

This post was modified 7 days ago by RedSox87122

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

If  it were "just" a first DWI to which he plead guilty, I would easily agree but unfortunately, its not that simple with him.  At UNM alone he had just been reinstated from an incident that regardless of who is to be believed, him, her or a bit of both that involved drinking and partying so what does he do - drink & party again in season  + refuses the breath test.  On top of that (unlike Chad & KT), he has other behavior issues at other schools that make this his, at a minimum, 3rd & 4th chances.  I'm not saying that he shouldn't be allowed yet another chance but rather its not as straight forward as Chad & KT.  Son't forget with Chad, he had some very serious consequences imposed by his coach beyond what the law gives a 1st time offender, including NO CAR, NOT ONE more drop of booze and others - is CB ready for that + whatever the law gives him, taking his medicine. If so, and he is evaluated for a substance abuse issue and if one is found, he immediately enrolls in the appropriate help (never missing a session, etc.) agrees to no more parties until after he graduates and finishes the semester/season - maybe, maybe. Just my opinion that he should not be "given" another chance but rather perhaps allowed one if he "earns" it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Red Blazer, abqpianist, AbqLobo and 1 people liked
JulieG
(@julieg)
Contributor

How long is the legal system take to deal with JJ & Carleton. Get to off season where they can say no foul and the year and the pressure might be off the administration.

JulieG
Loyal Lobo fan since 1962

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 5:02 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

lotsa holier than thou...i remember college and my 20's...guess some do not...the new aggie apparently has/had a different judge, AD, DA and university president...as did a lot of past lobos...

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 5:39 pm
AbqLobo
(@abqlobo)
Lobo

@DoubleAlum

Good points but unfortunately he has already been removed from the team.  If he had been suspended for a set time period and punishment and requirements necessary to return, it would have easier to see a way forward. 

Now it looks bad bringing him back. Though I don't think it would be a terrible idea.  I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Don't let who you are, keep you from becoming who you want to be!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 6:48 pm
TheCanisLupis
(@thecanislupis)
Pup Lobo level

Kansas violations - out!  ASU violations - out! Attempted rape charges pending. Aggravated DWI charges pending.

At some point, proving guilt because less of a factor than just avoiding more distractions. At some point a team just has to cut bait. Kansas did. ASU did. UNM finally did.

Wasn’t my call to make - but, certainly understand why others did react as they did. 

I think ultimately we will find that CB is a casualty of the “system” and the PC culture. I’m still not sure what “violations” he did at ASU. Could have ranged from missing study table to who knows what. All I know if Weir set pretty strict requirements to make this team and he did it. He also graduated. I’ll take that as a judge of his current character than what he did in his past. In addition, for all we know, he’s as close to being cleared of charges for attempted rape and DWI. To state those charges are “pending” is BS. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by TheCanisLupis
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 7:12 pm
MannyC liked
masslobofan
(@masslobofan)
Lobo

The ship sailed on this season many losses ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 7:38 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

I’m on the innocent until proven guilty train.

A mile high and louder than howl

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 7:46 pm
pablo
(@pablo)
Lobo
Posted by: @digital-lobo

I’m on the innocent until proven guilty train.

I'm on the enough is enough train. Time to move on. 

This post was modified 6 days ago by pablo
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 7:58 pm
bmccrack
(@bmccrack)
Lobo
Posted by: @julieg

How long is the legal system take to deal with JJ & Carleton. Get to off season where they can say no foul and the year and the pressure might be off the administration.

There is no e in Carlton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 8:25 pm
Martin, soloyo and JulieG liked
JulieG
(@julieg)
Contributor

Thanks for the correction. Hopefully, they spell it right in the programs:-)

This post was modified 1 week ago by JulieG

JulieG
Loyal Lobo fan since 1962

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 10:12 pm
BobOso
(@boboso)
Lobo

2 details that were missed. 

• CB not a kid, probably almost the same age as Chad 
  • Not CBs 2nd Chance. 

Im all for not leaving him for dead but just work with the facts 

This post was modified 1 week ago by BobOso

"I led the league in 'Go get 'em next time.'" - Bob Uecker

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 10:15 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

More on a positive note - I really like it that "past" Lobos (actually, once a Lobo.........), still care and are engaged.  Chad was one of my favorites during his playing years.  His effort and D were topnotch.  As we are playing UNLV, I'll never forget how he really frustrated and super-guarded that #1 draft choice of theirs - tremendous effort.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 10:21 am
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @thecanislupis

Kansas violations - out!  ASU violations - out! Attempted rape pending charges. Aggravated DWI,  pending charges.

I think ultimately we will find that CB is a casualty of the “system” and the PC culture. I’m still not sure what “violations” he did at ASU. Could have ranged from missing study table to who knows what. All I know if Weir set pretty strict requirements to make this team and he did it. He also graduated. I’ll take that as a judge of his current character than what he did in his past. In addition, for all we know, he’s as close to being cleared of charges for attempted rape and DWI. To state those charges are “pending” is BS. 

Pending charges until and unless cleared. Your assertion to “close to being cleared” is only your assertion. For that I throw BS back at you. Others removed Bragg, others will need to clear him.

This post was modified 7 days ago 2 times by RedSox87122

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 10:26 am
zoom liked
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

which first chances are you referring to...unless charged or proven, cannot assume guilt...

Not CBs 2nd Chance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 11:32 am
BobOso
(@boboso)
Lobo
Posted by: @zoom

which first chances are you referring to...unless charged or proven, cannot assume guilt...

Not CBs 2nd Chance.

Seriously? This is his 3rd school. Do you mean he gets to start new at every stop ? I have this issue with my 2nd grader. "but that was at Grandpa's house" 

Also, I will be judging Team Leniency today as you complain that Weir has no control of his team. 

"I led the league in 'Go get 'em next time.'" - Bob Uecker

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2020 12:00 pm
Page 1 / 3

Please Login or Register