Forum

Fedonta JB White an...

Fedonta JB White and Santa Fe vs Los Alamos 12/05  

RSS
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

1st game of season Thursday night 700pm at Santa Fe HS as part of a 3 day tournament. 

Dec 10th 700pm at Rio Rancho. 

December 12-14 at Capital HS 3 day tourney.  

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/santa-fe-demons-(santa-fe,nm)/basketball/schedule.htm

Posted : December 1, 2019 8:55 pm
Scott, LoboAuto, LaVidaLobo and 3 people liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level

Will be worth watching.  

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2019 10:54 am
LoboAuto
(@loboauto)
Lobo Lobo level

I will be watching him at Santa Fe high game. Go JB go Lobos. 

Bleeding silver and red.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2019 9:05 pm
Doublealum and Scott liked
loborick
(@loborick)

I'm gonna try to make the game Thursday. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2019 12:19 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @loborick

I'm gonna try to make the game Thursday. 

Ok then official report is required

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2019 5:34 am
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

We are LIVE from Toby Roybal memorial gymnasium.  The Demons have just entered for warmups.  Estimated attendance 11,300.  JB White missed his 1st warmup layup dunk.

More updates to follow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 7:00 pm
primordial, catherine, brooklyn_esq and 2 people liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

White probably has 10-12 points and 5 rebounds after 1Q.  Demons up 21-4 on Los Alamos.

Smooth outside shor on 2 3s and free throws, easy spring on the boards, long arms disrupting shots and on the press.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 7:37 pm
Scott and catherine liked
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @dj-33

We are LIVE from Toby Roybal memorial gymnasium.  The Demons have just entered for warmups.  Estimated attendance 11,300.  JB White missed his 1st warmup layup dunk.

More updates to follow.

11,300? Really?  Oh sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 7:43 pm
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

54-19 Demons and starters are out w 6 minutes left.  White had a very easy game with 1 lane cutting alley oop and 1 breakaway windmill.  Overall looked very athletic and plays easy.  Would like to see him with a tougher matchup than Los Alamos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 8:20 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

54-19 Demons and starters are out w 6 minutes left.  White had a very easy game with 1 lane cutting alley oop and 1 breakaway windmill.  Overall looked very athletic and plays easy.  Would like to see him with a tougher matchup than Los Alamos.

He needs another year at Santa Fe ( basketball-wise) like FILL IN THE BLANK . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 9:05 pm
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

So maybe headed to a prep school next year to face some better comp?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 9:55 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

JB had 29 tonight, if I counted correctly.   My Toppers will get them next time!  And yes, in looking at the play-by-play on Maxpreps, it looks like he could have put up as many as he wanted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2019 10:46 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @lobomike
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

So maybe headed to a prep school next year to face some better comp?

Don’t know what his family plan is, but the level of comp he sees up there sure isn’t going to test him much. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 4:23 am
Bret and 808LOBO liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

At this point, I'm just happy that he seems back from his injury.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 4:28 am
ThrowinBos, Bret, MRLobo and 3 people liked
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

Looked like a man among boys, very casually playing on the court and largely not pushed at all, almost to the the point of being a negative.  I assume he is being pushed in the offseason with AAU, etc.  Maybe check him out at end of year in playoffs/tournament.

He has springy hops like Keith McGee.  Showed just a little of perimeter ball handling working for a 3.  Has a nice outside shot and post up game and knows how to move without the ball.  He's 6'8, will be interesting if he puts on a few more inches.

My worry, despite his statement about wanting to play at UNM, is that in the next 1.5 years bigger schools come calling and getting in his ear about their qualifications for NBA prep over UNM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 9:16 am
MRLobo liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

That's why we attend his games when we can, wear our Lobo Red and support him however possible. The Demons play the Socorro tournament after Christmas. That could be a lot fun. Hoping to catch some of that on the way home from seeing my Sister in Silver City for Christmas.

Go JB White!

Also, it won't have every night, but there will be teams that challenge him.

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by Scott
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 9:28 am
UWS and brooklyn_esq liked
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

Looked like a man among boys, very casually playing on the court and largely not pushed at all, almost to the the point of being a negative.  I assume he is being pushed in the offseason with AAU, etc.  Maybe check him out at end of year in playoffs/tournament.

He has springy hops like Keith McGee.  Showed just a little of perimeter ball handling working for a 3.  Has a nice outside shot and post up game and knows how to move without the ball.  He's 6'8, will be interesting if he puts on a few more inches.

My worry, despite his statement about wanting to play at UNM, is that in the next 1.5 years bigger schools come calling and getting in his ear about their qualifications for NBA prep over UNM.

I am not worried about him committing.  He was already getting the big school attention and his HS coach said he wasn't comfortable with it.  I would have to go back and find the exact quotes but the young man said all the right things about wanting to stay home and for the right reasons.  This kid has a good head on his shoulders and I am not worried about him honoring his commitment. 

“I really like what the program is about and I’ve become close with the coaches there,” White told the Journal on Tuesday afternoon. “I felt like I was ready for it (to make a decision). … And I feel sometimes people look down on our state and people in it. I want to be a part of proving everyone wrong.” - Fedonta White on commiting to UNM https://www.abqjournal.com/1381594/santa-fe-high-star-recruit-white-announces-hes-going-to-be-a-lobo.html

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by MRLobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 12:34 pm
JulieG, Bret, Scott and 1 people liked
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Some highlights, really liking the play by play guy

https://twitter.com/sportsprimo/status/1203349590650392576?s=21

https://twitter.com/sportsprimo/status/1203328596493815809?s=21

This post was modified 6 months ago by brooklyn_esq
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2019 9:49 am
txlobo95 liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @maxlobo

JB had 29 tonight, if I counted correctly.   My Toppers will get them next time!  And yes, in looking at the play-by-play on Maxpreps, it looks like he could have put up as many as he wanted.

That’s about as optimistic as it gets. 🙂

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2019 10:17 am
MaxLobo liked
LoboAuto
(@loboauto)
Lobo Lobo level

I went to the game last night and Santa Fe rolled passed Goddard. JB played pretty good last night. He had a couple of turnovers and a couple of nice dunks. I think he made three threes last night. He definitely needs to get stronger. They play tonight at 7.00. Here are a few pics I took. 

This post was modified 6 months ago by LoboAuto

Bleeding silver and red.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2019 12:47 pm
TheLoboMan
(@TheLoboMan)
Lobo

The kid needs to get on a serious right program or he will get bullied at the next level. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2019 2:03 pm
LoboAuto
(@loboauto)
Lobo Lobo level

JB hits the three to send it to overtime and Santa Fe high wins it over Capital tonight.  He was kind of quiet tonight, but made some huge threes to seal the victory in overtime. 

Bleeding silver and red.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2019 10:03 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Lobo Lobo level

@TheLoboMan

He's got a year and a half to put on some weight. Should be fine. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2019 10:31 am
Martin
(@martin)
Lobo Lobo level

@TheLoboMan

He's got a year and a half to put on some weight. Should be fine. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2019 10:33 am

Please Login or Register