Get to know Saquan ...

Notifications
Clear all

Get to know Saquan Singleton  

RSS
Isabel Gonzalez
(@isabel-gonzalez)
Member Admin

Saquan Singleton seems like a really positive and genuinely nice person. He is clearly excited about committing to New Mexico and already has that family mentality. Here is a little bit more about him:

Why did you choose New Mexico?

I felt the love and connection with the coaches and fans throughout my Recruiting process. It wasn’t an easy choice but I feel this was the best And right choice. 

What do you bring to the table and what do you want accomplish as a Lobo?

I bring a lot to the table on both ends of the floor. I’m going to bring my work ethic and leadership to The Pit. My personal goal is to graduate with degrees, win the Mountain West championship and to become an icon to the younger kids.

Favorite basketball skill/move?

I love dunking on people!! It brings the excitement... so The Pit will see a lot of that.

Favorite player?

I look up to Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics). He’s from where I’m from so it’s just motivation watching him play.

What did you get out of your JUCO experience and what advice would you give younger kids?

JUCO helped me on the court physically getting stronger, and off the court JUCO made me work harder and stay patient. Going the JUCO route isn’t easy. To the young kids out there that feel like giving up or feel they don’t have anyone around them, use my story as motivation. No matter how many times you fall down, get right back up. If it was easy, everyone would be doing this!

Posted : April 7, 2020 7:09 pm
RJChez, ChairESilver, UNM Class of1972 and 14 people liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level

So his favorite basketball skill isn’t shooting Free Throws?  🤔

OK - not funny. Regardless, can’t wait to see him in action.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2020 7:26 pm
Murphdog
(@murphdog)
Lobo
Posted by: @redsox87122

Comments like that lead me to believe that you found your next player to disparage....😉

"I bring a lot to the table on both ends of the floor. I’m going to bring my work ethic and leadership to the Pit"

Kid seems tough as nails!! Love love love this pick up!! Hope he wears #2...haven't had anyone good wearing that jersey in a minute.😁

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2020 7:49 pm
JulieG
(@julieg)
Contributor

I don’t know, 22 years old, probably shooting them for over 10 years, hopefully room to improve?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2020 7:51 pm
junebug_lobo
(@junebug_lobo)
Pup

Thanks Isabel!

I like the kid's size, ability to attack the basket and toughness. Like Sox, I worry about his FT% and lack of outside shooting... as in none.

Can anyone confirm his position? Some seem to think he was recruited as 1 however, he's listed as a small forward at 247, a shooting guard at Verbal Commits and a general G at Hutchinson. And his stat line and style all point to anything but the 1 (other than a nice assist rate).

Again, like the pickup but hopefully we also land one of the other PG's on our list.

thx again for posting I.G.

This post was modified 4 months ago by junebug_lobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2020 10:24 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

At this time, I just want to welcome the young man, congratulate him on getting this far & his choice, and wish him well. I will wait to try to analyze his game when I actually (if all goes well) get to see him play. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2020 10:47 am
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @murphdog
Posted by: @redsox87122

Comments like that lead me to believe that you found your next player to disparage....😉

"I bring a lot to the table on both ends of the floor. I’m going to bring my work ethic and leadership to the Pit"

Kid seems tough as nails!! Love love love this pick up!! Hope he wears #2...haven't had anyone good wearing that jersey in a minute.😁

Sorry my friend - you have already cornered the market (Lair Board) in the disparaging category.  I said, "can't wait to see him in action" which is the opposite of your Jackson comments of, "can't wait to see him leave". 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2020 12:46 pm
Isabel Gonzalez
(@isabel-gonzalez)
Member Admin

Saquan Singleton signed his National Letter of Intent (NLI) today, he is now officially a Lobo.

Here is Weir's statement:

"Saquan separated himself from all of the other prospects we were looking at for his position this spring with his incredible character and commitment to team success," head coach Paul Weir said. "He was our number one choice for this spring class and I am glad we were his number one as well."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 1:56 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level

Thanks for the update Isabel. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 2:32 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Saquan Singleton

@Saeitaintso_

New Mexico It’s Official

Memo

Wolf face

#GoLOBOS #PointGod

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 2:53 pm
pablo
(@pablo)
Lobo
Posted by: @isabel-gonzalez

Saquan Singleton signed his National Letter of Intent (NLI) today, he is now officially a Lobo.

Here is Weir's statement:

"Saquan separated himself from all of the other prospects we were looking at for his position this spring with his incredible character and commitment to team success," head coach Paul Weir said. "He was our number one choice for this spring class and I am glad we were his number one as well."

So just what is his position if we are still looking for a point god errrrr guard?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 4:24 pm
Share: