Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] JB White  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
Lil Honda
(@lil-honda)
Pup

RIP JB, I send thoughts and prayers to your family, friends, teammates, etc. Even if it was at a house party, and house parties aren’t the best idea these days, that’s a conversation best had later or elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 11:59 am
Mojo1
(@mojo1)
Pup

Prayers of peace going out to all the families, and friends...
RIP JB 😞 

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Mojo1
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 12:22 pm
The Lobo Kid
(@the-lobo-kid)
Pup

I almost can’t believe this! I’m sick to my stomach. Very sad day indeed. RIP young man! My heart goes out to his family... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 12:43 pm
loborick
(@loborick)

RIP, JB.  You had so much in front of you.  

God bless his family.  What a huge loss. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by MRLobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 1:35 pm
Pinon Nut, wolf1960, apenland01 and 7 people liked
apenland01
(@apenland01)
Lobo Lobo level

My condolences to his family, very sad indeed...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 1:38 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @jimsoks
Posted by: @bad-dawg

Mmm, you realize this isn't new, right?  I had a friend shot and killed at a house party...in 1986. With a legally purchased weapon.

It may not be something new.  However, it sure seems to be a lot more commonplace these days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 1:55 pm
pitboss
(@pitboss)
Lobo Lobo level

no words.......just no words......

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 3:39 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

so sad...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 3:44 pm
Duke
 Duke
(@duke)
Lobo

We didn't get to know you much, JB, but you are going to be missed. RIP, JB.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 3:48 pm
Isabel Gonzalez
(@isabel-gonzalez)
Member Admin
Hard to watch this without tears in your eyes. He loved his grandma so much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 4:00 pm
Laszlo, UNM Class of1972, KenH and 1 people liked
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Lobo

Absolutely did not have a clue till I clicked on this thread. Disgusting news, simply disgusting. Will be praying for his grandma for sure. 

RIP JB while you wait on a resurrection. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 5:04 pm
Riches6 liked
hobo
 hobo
(@hobo)
Lobo

Not my place to say, but being consistent with past changes, how about temporarily changing the "Lobo Basketball" forum name to a name to honor JB and his family?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 5:08 pm
MRLobo, brooklyn_esq, Woofman05 and 2 people liked
wolf1960
(@wolf1960)

R I P  young man..... Prayers for all the family and friends.. WOW no other words at this time

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 5:22 pm
Hoser
(@hoser)
Pack Leader

A young life wasted by a senseless act.  Condolences to his family and close friends.  RIP

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 6:24 pm
DJ 33
(@dj-33)
Lobo

RIP JB.  I saw him play 2x last year and he was a light.  So sad for his family and the Lobo family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 6:59 pm
AustinTLobo
(@austintlobo)
Pup

Sad and perplexed at the seeming unrelenting gun violence in this country and in my home state, New Mexico.   This is something that worries me greatly. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by AustinTLobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 9:17 pm
ACLOBO
(@ACLOBO)
Pup

Terrible for so many reasons. This young man had a great future ahead of him.

This post was modified 1 week ago by ACLOBO
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 7:28 am
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level

An arrest has been made ......

https://www.abqjournal.com/1481753/santa-fe-high-star-lobo-basketball-commit-jb-white-shot-killed.html

If he's the one, throw the frickin' book at him!!! 

What the hell are these kids doing at a party at 3 in the morning?!?!

Parents (or guardians!), know where the hell where your underage children are -- please!!

This is so horrible.

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Lobo_for_life
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 8:25 am
howler
(@howler)
Referee evaluator

@lobo_for_life

not only was JB's life taken from him but the lives of so many others have been harmed in so many ways - including the 16 year old shooter's life. A tragedy in every way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 8:43 am
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

@lobo_for_life

Unfortunately the shooter being a juvenile he will get away with this senseless crime. He should be tried as an adult IMO and face at least a life sentence. This is sad for everyone and all families. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 9:09 am
Servehim liked
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @lobomaniac2018

He should be tried as an adult IMO

Apparently in NM youth 15 and over can be tried as adults if the charge is first-degree murder. We'll see what prosecution can do here. 

Unfortunately this is going to be a long grind for JB White's family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 9:16 am
lobofan13
(@lobofan13)
Pup

As many have said, this is horrible, heartbreaking and sad in so many ways.....for JB and his family, for all the fans and friends who knew him, for the UNM basketball team, for the shooter and his family, and last, but not least for our society and its propensity for inexplicable violence. And once again, prayers and thoughts will be sent, and not enough will be done to address the carnage. And I don't consider my last sentence to be political in any way or I would have posted it on a different thread. It is just a factual statement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 10:00 am
howler liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader Lobo level
NightWolf
(@nightwolf)
Lobo Registered, Lobo level

@lobo_for_life

Unfortunately the shooter being a juvenile he will get away with this senseless crime. He should be tried as an adult IMO and face at least a life sentence. This is sad for everyone and all families. 

They need to have the young thug wannabe face trial as an adult! Life sentence with no possibility of parole. And have thug wannabe's family have to pay for all and any medical bills and funeral expenses of JB's and anything else they may be entitled to. This just makes me so angry!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 2:32 pm
Anton liked
Gray Wolf
(@gray-wolf)
Pup

Tired of  these 16 year old scumbags getting away with muder.  Kids now a days are to mature.  They need to lower the age for 1st degree murder to 15.  This isn't the 70s anymore.  Hang his A...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 5:12 pm
Anton liked
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

The little thug suspect has a history of flaunting and shooting a gun at people. Should have been locked up previously.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/new-info-comes-to-light-regarding-santa-fe-murder-suspect/

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 8:49 pm
Anton and LaVidaLobo liked
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @nightwolf

@lobo_for_life

They need to have the young thug wannabe face trial as an adult! Life sentence with no possibility of parole. And have thug wannabe's family have to pay for all and any medical bills and funeral expenses of JB's and anything else they may be entitled to. This just makes me so angry!

"young thug wannabe"

I think he's reached full thug status now.  

I agree with the general sentiment on here....one thing I wonder about is if or how much mental illness plays into this stuff.  I'm familiar with a LOT of kids having significant mental issues that have been even exacerbated by the "lockdown".   Might have nothing to do with this case, but I always wonder.  Its a scary thing to see how 'normal' kids or people can pretty much flip out under the 'wrong' circumstances to the point that they lose complete grasp of reality.  

A horrible loss all around...basically two young lives ruined in one moment gone terribly wrong.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 10:43 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Yesterday I was shocked and sad. Today I am incredibly angry. How does this happen?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 3:34 pm
LaVidaLobo
(@lavidalobo)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobomike

The little thug suspect has a history of flaunting and shooting a gun at people. Should have been locked up previously.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/new-info-comes-to-light-regarding-santa-fe-murder-suspect/

Hopefully, they find a hole, dark and deep, without a key, to let this scumbag rot for many decades. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 3:41 pm
brael
(@brael)
Pup

I have a heavy heart over this tragic incident... Prayers go out to his family, friends, coaches, team mates, and especially his grandmother!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 4:18 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: