Forum

Next 4 games

Next 4 games  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

We have 3 of the next 4 on the road.  CSU, UNLV and Nevada on the road with SJSU at home sandwiched between UNLV and Nevada.  These 3 road games will all be very challenging.  UNLV and Nevada are currently competing with us for 2nd place behind SDSU.  CSU was arguably the 4th or 5th best team OOC and will be a challenge with Carvacho against our thin frontcourt. 

These road games will show how we respond with no Bragg the rest of the season and if we can make a serious push for the MWC title.

Posted : January 14, 2020 12:54 pm
Lobo2x53, wolfman, JulieG and 7 people liked
perkinsgr523
(@perkinsgr523)
Pup

It definitely won’t be an easy stretch... If we want to compete with teams like CSU that clearly have a better frontcourt game at the moment we will have to either crash the boards even harder, start making threes, or both. If the boys can succeed at that, they’ll be well on their way to big things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 1:04 pm
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

I will also add this: our last 6 games were quadrant 4 games.  Of our 17 games, 10 have been Q4  where we are 9-1, and 7 games Q3 and higher where we are 5-2.  Going by current Net rankings we only have 2 Q4 games remaining (Wyoming and SJSU).  The remaining 11 games will be Q3 or higher.  

Quadrant Count of Win Count of Loss
1 1 1
2 1  
3 3 1
4 9 1
Grand Total 14 3

Quadrant Games remaining
1 2
2 3
3 6
4 2
Grand Total 13
This post was modified 6 months ago by MRLobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 1:23 pm
Lobo2x53, tommyboy115, lobofan13 and 3 people liked
Riches6
(@riches6)
Lobo

Good point, these next four games are huge.  The easiest one is tomorrow night.  Hope we get the W.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Murphdog
(@murphdog)
Lobo
Posted by: @perkinsgr523

It definitely won’t be an easy stretch... If we want to compete with teams like CSU that clearly have a better frontcourt game at the moment we will have to either crash the boards even harder, start making threes, or both. If the boys can succeed at that, they’ll be well on their way to big things.

" if we want to compete with teams like CSU"....what the?!?!? Worst thing ever said on this site!! And I've said alot of stupid stuff...I hate people with a loser's mentality!! Its the other way around!! If they want to compete with us....horrible take. We are 15-3 tied for 2nd. in MWC.🤯🤯

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 2:58 pm
Lobodawg92
(@lobodawg92)
Pack Leader

@murphdog

maybe so, but at least realtime has us with a predicted loss up there 68-81.......

Go Lobos! Go Shai! Go Maluach!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 3:29 pm
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @murphdog

" if we want to compete with teams like CSU"....what the?!?!? Worst thing ever said on this site!! And I've said alot of stupid stuff...I hate people with a loser's mentality!! Its the other way around!! If they want to compete with us....horrible take. We are 15-3 tied for 2nd. in MWC.🤯🤯

Murph - are you rating our frontcourt better than CSU's?  I took it to mean: If we want to compete with teams like CSU that clearly have a better frontcourt game at the moment, we will have to either crash the boards even harder, 

Perhaps I'm wrong - but an extra comma would clarify our frontcourt is now in need of adjustments in order to compete against other teams that have strong post players (and more depth).  Of course, it's possible I'm all wet as well.  

This post was modified 6 months ago by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Lobo2x53 and Murphdog liked
Murphdog
(@murphdog)
Lobo
Posted by: @redsox87122
Posted by: @murphdog

Murph - are you rating our frontcourt better than CSU's?  I took it to mean: If we want to compete with teams like CSU that clearly have a better frontcourt game at the moment, we will have to either crash the boards even harder, 

Perhaps I'm wrong - but an extra comma would clarify our frontcourt is now in need of adjustments in order to compete against other teams that have strong post players (and more depth).  Of coarse, it's possible I'm all wet as well.  

Apologize , sometimes I get to fired up!! I just believe even without "the suspended" we are still the deepest team from top to bottom in the league!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 3:59 pm
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

I will not be surprised if Lobos get swept on road trip. I have yet to see this team play to a higher level that convinces me they can win these road games. With Bragg gone this makes it even tougher. Lets see what kind of heart and fire this team really has.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 4:00 pm
ComeOnNow liked
ComeOnNow
(@comeonnow)
Pup

Losing at Q4 San Jose State doesn't set a good precedent. I'll be pleasantly surprised with a Lobo win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 4:05 pm
JulieG liked
Murphdog
(@murphdog)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobomaniac2018

I will not be surprised if Lobos get swept on road trip. I have yet to see this team play to a higher level that convinces me they can win these road games. With Bragg gone this makes it even tougher. Lets see what kind of heart and fire this team really has.

@perkinsgr523....I take it back!! This is the worst thing I've heard!! This guy is truly a joke!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 4:07 pm
kennymofo, Loboral, AbqLobo and 2 people liked
Murphdog
(@murphdog)
Lobo

@lobomaniac2018

I'm sorry you never made the c team in high school but it's not the Lairs problem!! Work it out in therapy!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 4:10 pm
loborick and Loboral liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

Go Lobos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 4:17 pm
LoboDuke, Lobo2x53, lobofan13 and 5 people liked
RedSox87122
(@redsox87122)
Pack Leader Lobo level

We’ll see.

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Loboral liked
Gon4it
(@gon4it)
Pup

Apparently you didn't see the wisconsin game, where this team could have folded, bit didn’t. 
I truly believe you are an aggie in lobo clothing! You have got to be the most negative poster I've ever seen on this site, or trm... you truly take the cake! 

The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 5:39 pm
crazylobo12
(@crazylobo12)

The crazy thing is that if we win the next four then beat SDSU we'll be pegged as an NCAA tourny team. It will be extremely difficult, just have to take it one game at a time. Hate to say it, but if Weir doesn't make the NCAA tournament this year he will be on the hot seat heading into next season.

CRAZYLOBO12

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 6:31 pm
masslobofan
(@masslobofan)
Lobo

Need to win at least 2 out of 3 on the road and take care of business at home. 3-1 would be excellent. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 7:03 pm
LoboDuke, lobofan13, RedSox87122 and 1 people liked
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

Its sad that you take my posts so seriously. Wow!!!! I am just saying how I feel. Yes its negative but I have high expectations for a team loaded with talent. This team IMO has the best talent in conference yet struggles with weak teams. With exception of Wisconsin game this team has underachieved this season. This team should be dominating this weak schedule with the talent we have.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Loboral
(@loboral)
Lobo

@lobomaniac2018

You should just stop already

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 8:00 pm
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

@loboral

You guys are funny. So serious

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 8:05 pm
abqpianist
(@abqpianist)
Lobo Lobo level

Wow!  

I never would think 15-3 = underachieved!  

SMH!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 8:09 pm
KenH, Lobo2x53, LoboDuke and 4 people liked
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Lobo Registered

@abqpianist

With this team yes. I have very high standards for this team loaded with talent. Why cant this team play like they did against Wisconsin every game?. The potential is there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 8:15 pm
pablo
(@pablo)
Lobo
Posted by: @abqpianist

Wow!  

I never would think 15-3 = underachieved!  

SMH!

Well, I guess sdsu would consider that underachieving.  Actually, it's amazing that we're 15-3 considering all the issues we've had both on and off the court.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 10:03 pm
LoboDuke, Lobo2x53, Lobodawg92 and 1 people liked
JulieG
(@julieg)
Contributor

Some people are not worth the response.

JulieG
Loyal Lobo fan since 1962

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2020 11:14 pm
Miguelnavida
(@Miguelnavida)
Lobo

I think we can go 4-0 down this stretch, but I realistically think 3-1 is more likely.  

CSU is our worst matchup imo, but they don’t play well from behind from what I’ve seen. I think we win a close one. 

UNLV at UNLV is never as daunting as it seems, but this team seems to have really put it together for conference play, especially after a horrendous start to the season.  I think we will lose this one, but you never know in the TnM

SJSU has been surprising people, but I hope we take them a little more seriously.  We should win.

I have no clue what to think about Nevada.  They feel extremely beatable.  But this one will probably be agonizingly close.  I think we can pull this one out though.  

Going 3-1 through this stretch would be pretty good, though 4-0 would be ideal of course.  

"I have never posted with less power in my life."

"GP2 Posting! GP2 Posting!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 12:12 am
lobofan13
(@lobofan13)
Pup
Posted by: @Riches6

Good point, these next four games are huge.  The easiest one is tomorrow night.  Hope we get the W.

CSU.... the easiest? ESPN has CSU favored by 3.5 right now.  I actually think it might be the toughest, especially since it is the first game since CB is gone again. If we can beat them with Carvacho, then we can win all four.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 7:09 am
tommyboy115
(@tommyboy115)
Pup

Its sad that you take my posts so seriously. Wow!!!! I am just saying how I feel. Yes its negative but I have high expectations for a team loaded with talent. This team IMO has the best talent in conference yet struggles with weak teams. With exception of Wisconsin game this team has underachieved this season. This team should be dominating this weak schedule with the talent we have.

You lack perspective. I think there would only be a handful of teams in the entire country you would be positive about if you were a fan. Even Auburn recently squeaked by a bad Vanderbilt team at home. This is college ball and that happens all the time. Duke just lost to Clemson, a team they're way more talented than.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 8:28 am
tommyboy115
(@tommyboy115)
Pup
Posted by: @lobofan13
Posted by: @Riches6

CSU.... the easiest? ESPN has CSU favored by 3.5 right now.  I actually think it might be the toughest, especially since it is the first game since CB is gone again. If we can beat them with Carvacho, then we can win all four.

There's really no easy road game in conference, but the one I most expect them to win is at UNLV. Tonight will be tough but I believe in these guys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 8:30 am
The Lobo Kid
(@the-lobo-kid)
Pup

We’ll see.

The sun shines 300 days a years! However, we still complain about that. I feel that the doc needs to emphasize that everyone need to rebound. For the most part everyone love VJ at 6’9” 230 we will need him the most. Who on Colorado can stop him if  he play the way we know he can play! Also MM needs to get back to the MM we love. Vante Hendrick we have been told that he can D up! We have the tools to get it done, we just need the fuel ⛽️ LET’S GO LOBOS The Kid...then again I probably have no clue what I’m saying! Good fun...

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 11:26 am
LoboDuke and Murphdog liked
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @the-lobo-kid

We’ll see.

The sun shines 300 days a years! However, we still complain about that. I feel that the doc needs to emphasize that everyone need to rebound. For the most part everyone love VJ at 6’9” 230 we will need him the most. Who on Colorado can stop him if  he play the way we know he can play! Also MM needs to get back to the MM we love. Vante Hendrick we have been told that he can D up! We have the tools to get it done, we just need the fuel ⛽️ LET’S GO LOBOS The Kid...then again I probably have no clue what I’m saying! Good fun...

"The Kid" may have no clue, but I agree with what sayeth he. Everybody rebounds tonight!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2020 11:30 am
Page 1 / 2

Please Login or Register