OT - NBA Playoffs

Page 4 / 5
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo
Posted by: @abqlobofan

@packman38 

Do you like the UNM Lobos?

Yes as I am a UNM Graduate. I already posted that as I grew up in the Milwaukee area I am a Bucks, Packers, Brewers and Badgers fan.

That I assume makes me a Cheesehead. Usually go back for a Packers game every year and depending on the date might take in a Bucks  or Brewers game. On a trip 4 years ago went to a Wisconsin/Michigan game on Saturday and a Packers game on Sunday. Taken my son, daughter and all my grandsons back to visit family and attend a Packers game.

I guess I am a certified J***A** also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2021 10:58 pm
loborick and hippyboi liked
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

Not a fan of either team, but great game last night

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2021 11:09 am
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

I am just enjoying some competitive basketball.  I don't especially like or dislike either team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2021 1:07 pm
loborick and hippyboi liked
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin
Posted by: @packman38

@packman38 

If you are a UNM Lobos fan I celebrate you!

Actually, I read your previous posts. You are a J*** A**.  Prior to this post you were very meek. I hope this series goes 7. Now, you are boastful and want to shove it down everyones throats.  Go somewhere else and do your boasting. Eat cheese while you are at at and stay away from Loboland.

A little ribbing  and you lose control. 

LOL! this guy seems a little sensitive! Oh well. I think our issue at the moment is Paul. He's been horrible this series. There's still a chance for us and if we squeak out a game 6 win then we have the advantage at home. Down with the stinky cheeseheads.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2021 8:41 am
packman38 liked
lobo808
(@lobo808)
Pup

I felt like the foul on Giannis's dunk by Chris Paul was a dirty play. He could have injured him. Should have been a flagrant 1 at the least. Between the guy counting $100 bills, and the strange fan with the ridiculous looking toupee, shouting "F You" at the camera, standing right next to a little kid!? Incredibly low class imo. Rooting for the Bucks to win at home! Giannis wins MVP

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 10:24 am
loborick
(@loborick)
Posted by: @boingee

@packman38 

Actually, I read your previous posts. You are a J*** A**.  Prior to this post you were very meek. I hope this series goes 7. Now, you are boastful and want to shove it down everyones throats.  Go somewhere else and do your boasting. Eat cheese while you are at at and stay away from Loboland.

LOL! this guy seems a little sensitive! Oh well. I think our issue at the moment is Paul. He's been horrible this series. There's still a chance for us and if we squeak out a game 6 win then we have the advantage at home. Down with the stinky cheeseheads.

Us?  First you're an NBA ref and now you play for the Suns?  LOL....your head must be a pleasant place to live.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 2:00 pm
Bloo liked
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@lobo808 

Giannis is the dirty player.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/giannis-antetokounmpo-kyrie-irving-nets/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 2:12 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin
Posted by: @loborick

@packman38 

Us?  First you're an NBA ref and now you play for the Suns?  LOL....your head must be a pleasant place to live.

righhhht. worst insult ever. you lose.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2021 2:28 pm
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

Booker, Middleton, and Holiday headed for Tokyo to play on Olympic team as soon as we have an NBA Champ.

May the Sun set/go down for the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night. Go Bucks.

FEAR THE DEER

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 2:42 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

Booker, Middleton, and Holiday headed for Tokyo to play on Olympic team as soon as we have an NBA Champ.

May the Sun set/go down for the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night. Go Bucks.

FEAR THE DEER

I wouldn't mind if your guys want to leave early?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2021 3:15 pm
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@boingee 

The Suns had games 4 and 5 won and gave both games away.  Now, I don't see any chance of them recovering. Bucks will win in 6 unfortunately. 

I REALLY HOPE I AM WRONG!

This post was modified 1 week ago by ABQLoboFan
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 3:28 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

@boingee 

The Suns had games 4 and 5 won and gave both games away.  Now, I don't see any chance of them recovering. Bucks will win in 6 unfortunately. 

I REALLY HOPE I AM WRONG!

Man I definitely hope you're wrong. I think this is our year to win it because next year's teams in the west are going to be stacked.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2021 4:01 pm
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@boingee 

Me Too!!!

Unfortunately, Suns are done.  I do have to say the Bucks will be the weakest NBA champion in the last 2 decades. Only way they won this year was due to critical injuries to their opponents along the way with the Bucks going unscathed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 9:17 pm
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

@boingee 

Me Too!!!

Unfortunately, Suns are done.  I do have to say the Bucks will be the weakest NBA champion in the last 2 decades. Only way they won this year was due to critical injuries to their opponents along the way with the Bucks going unscathed.

Get your facts straight. Giannis was injured and missed games 5 and 6 against Atlanta. So if the Bucks end up winning the series and in your opinion are the weakest NBA Champs in the last 2 decades what does that make the Suns in your esteemed opinion? I don't think the Suns believe they are done. They will give it their best

With all your bitching and complaining about the Bucks and Giannis since you have already designated me as a J*** A**, maybe I should tell you where to go. You probably know what I am thinking. With your attitude I sure wouldn't want you as a teammate. The Bucks lost the first 2 games and were down by 16 after the 1st Quarter of game 5 in Phoenix. They didn't quit or throw the towel like you are.

GO BUCKS/FEAR THE DEER

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2021 11:04 pm
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@packman38 

You are right. I apologize for being unhinged. Any team that wins a NBA championship deserves their props. And, if the Suns come back and win this series they will certainly have earned it. 

I am still rooting for the Suns.

This post was modified 1 week ago by ABQLoboFan
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 7:04 am
packman38 liked
Hoser
(@hoser)
Pack Leader

The entire playoffs have been very exciting IMO.  Teams looked like they were done only to come back and pull out critical games.  Both the Bucks and the Suns deserve a lot of credit to be where they are.  I thought the Bucks would win it all from the beginning but there was a couple of times when it looked like they were done.  This has been a great series so far, loving every bit of it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 7:43 am
packman38 liked
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

@abqlobofan 

I was rooting for the Suns up until they reached the finals against the Buck. It has been a competitive finals.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 7:46 am
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

@packman38 

You are right. I apologize for being unhinged. Any team that wins a NBA championship deserves their props. And, if the Suns come back and win this series they will certainly have earned it. 

No don't back down. Don't let @packman38 back you into a corner! I'll stand by what you say and say that the Bucks will be the weakest champs ever. I'll take it to "ever". Down with the cheeseheads tonight! I'll say it to your face too @packman38 😘 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 20, 2021 9:43 am
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

@packman38 

No don't back down. Don't let @packman38 back you into a corner! I'll stand by what you say and say that the Bucks will be the weakest champs ever. I'll take it to "ever". Down with the cheeseheads tonight! I'll say it to your face too @packman38 😘 

So if the Bucks win the finals and are the weakest champs ever, what does that make the Suns? Weakest challengers ever with your logic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2021 10:07 am
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

@packman38 

So if the Bucks win the finals and are the weakest champs ever, what does that make the Suns? Weakest challengers ever with your logic.

Never. We just let you win.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 20, 2021 11:19 am
pitforever90
(@pitforever90)
Lobo

Bucks showed a lot of mental toughness throughout the playoffs and Giannis might have been the best example. He came back from the knee hyperextension scare and attacked the rim with abandon the same way he always does. Not easy to do. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 5:40 am
Doublealum, boingee, packman38 and 1 people liked
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

congrats

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 21, 2021 8:46 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

I was rooting for the Suns but take my hat off to the Bucks.  Giannis was amazing.  Both teams left everything on the floor throughout the series, which speaks volumes about how $ is not nearly the sole motivator for these guys.  Hopefully, Booker will learn and become a bit more consistent and I hope CP3 has another year - he is whom I feel the worse for with the Suns. Although I was hoping the Suns would win, it was fun watching different teams in the finals. 

Suns also need one more "go to" guy + a rebounder.        

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 8:54 am
boingee liked
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

Bucks won without creating a superteam.

Giannis Antetokounmpo Has Brutally Honest Comment After Winning NBA Title (msn.com)

LeBron, NBA players react to Antetokounmpo, Bucks winning ring (msn.com)

This post was modified 1 week ago by packman38
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 9:00 am
Hoser
(@hoser)
Pack Leader

Have to give props to the Bucks.  They did not go out and lure elite players although I think they have some elite players, they did it the old fashioned way.  Good for them and I hope they are in the mix next year as well.  Giannis is a stud and can lead this team to greatness if he chooses to.  I really like Phoenix as well and if they can keep CP3 they will be there again in the mix.  Can never count out the Lakers, (my team by the way) and Lebron wants to go out in a blaze of glory.  Never count out the Lakers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 12:31 pm
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@hoser 

The oddsmakers certainly aren't counting out the Lakers. They have the 2nd best chance for winning the title next year. Brooklyn Nets have the best chance according to the oddsmakers. I agree with their assessment. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 12:44 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

I'm pretty heartbroken at the moment because I agree about next year's outlook in the West. It's going to be awfully competitive! So many teams in the West such as Lakers, GSW(with Thompson back), Dallas, Utah, Denver, and Clippers. I think this was our golden opportunity for the elusive championship ring.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 21, 2021 12:54 pm
ABQLoboFan
(@abqlobofan)
Pup

@boingee 

I feel bad for Phoenix Suns and their fans as well. They could have won the title this year. However, one thing both the Suns and Bucks have is that they don't seem to be susceptible to injuries. Both the Nets and Lakers are susceptible to injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of the teams from the finals this year in next years championship.  If that's the case, hopefully the Suns cash in. They really deserve at least one championship. The Bucks have two championships now. They don't need to win a championship for another 50 years. 

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by ABQLoboFan
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 1:06 pm
pitforever90
(@pitforever90)
Lobo

@boingee 

The Bucks have two championships now. They don't need to win a championship for another 50 years. 

As a Celtics fan, I second that! Your point about injuries is a good one though. Boston had trouble staying healthy most of the year, got smoked by the Nets in the playoffs, then the Nets flamed out with Irving/Harden getting banged up. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2021 5:09 am
boingee
(@boingee)
Member Admin

Yes that's my biggest worry because we did have a year that wasn't bad when it came to injuries but as another long season starts up it's always a big risk. I worry that we can't dodge another bullet like that but one thing we have on our side is youth.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 22, 2021 8:32 am
Page 4 / 5
Share: