Forum

2541 patient study ...

Notifications
Clear all

2541 patient study results using hydroxychloroquine yielded very positive results .....  

RSS
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level

Henry Ford Healthcare System in Michigan studied from March 10th through May 2nd. Median age of patients was 64 years. All data is provided. To get the details within the data click on the piblished link within the main story.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

Our country needs to put the politics aside and get going on this. 

Posted : July 4, 2020 7:37 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @lobo_for_life

Henry Ford Healthcare System in Michigan studied from March 10th through May 2nd. Median age of patients was 64 years. All data is provided. To get the details within the data click on the piblished link within the main story.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

The whole article is a political statement and based on preliminary   numbers and by its own terms does not follow scientific method.

It quotes the Trump campaign. Yesterday the Trump campaign hosted a public event without enforcing social distancing and the wearing of masks. The Trump campaign does not encourage basic prevention and Juniors’ partner, a Fox News virus denier is now sick. 

The virus is spreading like wildfire in the USA,  hydroxychloroquine in an isolated small sample “study” slowing the death rate in 64 year olds is a smokescreen. 

“ Our country needs to put the politics aside and get going on this”  You quote a Fox News article mentioning the Biden campaign? Pure BS, Let 45 wear a mask, stop the public shoulder to shoulder “ speeches” and “get going”.

Leadership starts at the top, 45 needs to lead by example. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 8:05 am
loboball30, loborick, UNM Class of1972 and 4 people liked
roblips
(@roblips)
Pup

It’s time to put the politics aside and forget this drug already, it is not the answer 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 8:32 am
TheCanisLupis
(@thecanislupis)
Pup Lobo level

@brooklyn_esq

Brook. Only the left is making Hydrox political.  There is data that supports that it “can” work, but not taken solely and in conjunction with other meds, like zinc and Z-packs. Interestingly, many of the studies that say “it doesn’t work” don’t take those other meds into consideration and they are ones the left likes to bandy about. 

Here’s what I know.  The smartest doc I know, who has done a ton of research on the topic, says to “take it” with the other elements.  

Here’s another article on the subject.  Maybe a source you more trust...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-detroit-study/index.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 8:43 am
UNMerciful_1
(@unmerciful_1)
Pack Leader Lobo level

Remdesivir is probably the best option right now which is why the U.S. government just bought nearly all of it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007764

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/04/trump-remdesivir-covid-19-drug

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 8:07 pm
JulieG liked
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @thecanislupis

The smartest doc I know, who has done a ton of research on the topic, says to “take it”

@ UNMerciful_1

I go with whomever this guy is. 

The success rates mentioned in the study are far better than for Remdesivir, which only reduces recovery time by a few days. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 10:12 pm
JulieG
(@julieg)
Contributor

I think you should.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 10:28 pm
roblips liked
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

"Remdesivir is probably the best option right now which is why the U.S. government just bought nearly all of it."

Yes, as Trump boasts of his great deal making ability to buy it all, the rest of the world thinks we are selfish pigs and hate us even more. After the miraculous disappearance of Corona, we'll warehouse the excess in some black site with our forever stock pile of Hydroxychloroquine, leave it on the books as an asset in our inventory accounting and we the voters will never know.

I have seen these accounting tricks since the 1st sale at my 1st job in NY in 1973.

The Melville Shoe Company ( Miles, Thom Mcan, Chess King, etc ) bought 65k of filing cabinets from me using the wrong sku#. When the factory offered a 20% restock and return fee, the second tier executives that made the error met in private for 15 minutes.

"If you'll pay the freight and deliver the bad files to our empty warehouse in Brockton, Mass without a receipt, we will pay the bill in full asap and order another 65k of the correct files at full price." The double commission paid off my college loans. I hitchhiked to New Mexico a month later and the filing cabinets would probably still be there, if they hadn't declared bankruptcy.

This is how they are building the US economic success story.

Low unemployment - fueled by jobs you can't live on

High stock prices -  Only 55% of the country owns stock

Drop the ACA and save tons on your personal medical insurance - Because you won't have any

Tax breaks that throw the poor a bone and the rich an all you can eat buffet

Proud to be an American on this July 4th weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 8:47 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Smokescreen for the failure of the Federal government to deal with reality. What the eff is the national policy?. Please what is the plan?  We look like third world country, our  citizens can’t travel to Europe etc. Damm Mexico will build the wall and pay for it! 

Great news maybe, perhaps,  we hope we have something that slows death in elderly patients, let’s do another public rally calling  the pandemic a hoax

Perhaps the churches will be packed by Labor Day. One day it will just disappear, a miracle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 3:15 pm
loborick and JulieG liked
apenland01
(@apenland01)
Lobo Lobo level

Here's some irony...

Mexico closes borders to Arizonans traveling to San Carlos and Rocky Point starting July 3rd.  You can't make this shit up.  It's rather hilarious.  Who knew?  All we needed was a good Covid outbreak to fix all the immigration issues...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 3:26 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

It seems that we also need a great wall  on our northern border.

U.S.-Canada Travel Ban Will Be Extended To End Of July

I wonder if Mexico is paying for this one too? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 4:01 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @thecanislupis

Only the left is making Hydrox political.  

You must have not been getting your nightly fix of Fox news in April and May when that was their lead story on many nights during that stretch. 

Let's not act naive here. Pretty much anything on their nightly newscasts is political as hell.

Also, I have to chuckle anytime that I hear a conservative refer to the left as if they are the bogeyman or perhaps some sort of torch carrying anarchists.  The last time I checked the ones that seem to relish carrying torches are the ones on the far right of the political spectrum.

Torch-wielding white nationalists march on University of Virginia ...Unite the Right torch rally ends in violence at the Rotunda | News ...

Unite the Right rally - Wikipedia

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by Digital Lobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 4:17 pm
loborick liked
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level
Posted by: @digital-lobo

I have to chuckle anytime that I hear a conservative refer to the left as if they are the bogeyman or perhaps some sort of torch carrying anarchists.

Just like it's amazing how many on the left think that conservatives are a bunch of racist, Nazi flag bearers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 8:43 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

I have to chuckle anytime that I hear a conservative refer to the left as if they are the bogeyman or perhaps some sort of torch carrying anarchists.

Just like it's amazing how many on the left think that conservatives are a bunch of racist, Nazi flag bearers.

Just like it's amazing how many on the right think that the left is a bunch of dirty unemployed anarchists who want communist rule.

The truth is that the vast majority of the US are centrists, so let's stop trying to paint the fringes on either side as being the majority.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 10:13 pm
Servehim
(@servehim)
Pup
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

Smokescreen for the failure of the Federal government to deal with reality. What the eff is the national policy?. Please what is the plan?  We look like third world country, our  citizens can’t travel to Europe etc. Damm Mexico will build the wall and pay for it! 

Great news maybe, perhaps,  we hope we have something that slows death in elderly patients, let’s do another public rally calling  the pandemic a hoax

Perhaps the churches will be packed by Labor Day. One day it will just disappear, a miracle.

Wow !!!!   Clinical physicians take note.....extreme TDS  case . Did not realize how hard left many Lobo faithful are....I will have you note , many , MANY of the faithful followers to LL are not posting .... sadly because they are frightened of the few extremely violent Leftist.  The silent majority is here, and watching ....ready to pull the Trump lever . 

Needed wall is being built , sex trafficking,  drug trafficking,  being reduced.  GREEN CARD  and Legal  entry are welcomed 

Just foolishness to say Trump didn't react quickly and appropriately to curtail to Covid 19 spread !!!!

You attack the Sovereign power of God and His followers??    Hummmm. We evolved up out from what Brook??  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 1:00 am
Servehim
(@servehim)
Pup

Moderator,  I don't want to be banded from LL because of my differing views. THE  reason I come here is for Lobo Athletes.  Check my history,  I log in probably 350 days a year for sports information.  I LOVE MY COUNTRY,  I LOVE MY LOBOS and HATE the division pushed by many posting here. If I'm upsetting the powers that be let me know and I'll become a viewer only rather than a participant in dialogue.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 1:17 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @servehim
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

Perhaps the churches will be packed by Labor Day. One day it will just disappear, a miracle.him. 

Wow !!!!   Clinical physicians take note.....extreme TDS  case . Did not realize how hard left many Lobo faithful are....I will have you note , many , MANY of the faithful followers to LL are not posting .... sadly because they are frightened of the few extremely violent Leftist.  The silent majority is here, and watching ....ready to pull the Trump lever . 

Needed wall is being built , sex trafficking,  drug trafficking,  being reduced.  GREEN CARD  and Legal  entry are welcomed 

Just foolishness to say Trump didn't react quickly and appropriately to curtail to Covid 19 spread !!!!

You attack the Sovereign power of God and His followers??    Hummmm. We evolved up out from what Brook??  

Guess I am a violent leftist Servehim. Let’s start a conversation from your post. Do you think I am a violent leftist. One question yes or no?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 5:06 am
loborick liked
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Back to it Monday morning

The US has 4.2% of the world population and 25% of the world’s infections and 24% of the deaths. The numbers grow daily. 

We are primarily an athletic site so in that vein it’s hard to argue that the scoreboard looks good.

Ok still not the end of the world. ( well except for about 130k), this  65 year old capitalist with over 35 years of business ownership under his ever increasing belt wants to know so now what’s the plan? 

Print another trillion dollars, restrict unemployment benefits, open up businesses, restrict business, silence virologists,  listen to virologists, ingest hydroxychloroquine as a preventative, don’t ingest hydroxychloroquine. I want leadership. 

Mr President you are  the man. How are you going to unite the population and inspire Americans as a team to combat the virus infecting us  at a record pace? My family, my neighbors, my employees, my colleagues, we want leadership What’s the plan?

I am pretty sure 45 won’t see my question so those who protest my violent leftist views or anyone who knows what 45 is suggesting and encouraging us to do, lay it down please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 5:26 am
26lobo26, loborick, Desert_Wolf and 1 people liked
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level

The truth is that the vast majority of the US are centrists, so let's stop trying to paint the fringes on either side as being the majority.

This is true -- and the most reasonable point you've made in this group of threads. 

Honestly if this applies to you then you've disguised it by posting extremist pictures of white supremacists, Nazis, etc., characterizing righties so to speak, and your rhetoric has been charged in an extreme lefty way. If your statement means you perhaps don't feel the way of these pictures then that's a great discussion point and I say thanks.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Lobo_for_life
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 6:55 am
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

This is true -- and the most reasonable point you've made in this group of threads. 

Honestly if this applies to you then you've disguised it by posting extremist pictures of white supremacists, Nazis, etc., characterizing righties so to speak, and your rhetoric has been charged in an extreme lefty way. If your statement means you perhaps don't feel the way of these pictures then that's a great discussion point and I say thanks.

Except I am just left of center and you probably think my views are radical. Indeed, we see the world very differently. I do not see you as a centrist either. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 7:38 am
loborick, JulieG, hippyboi and 1 people liked
Farside-Lobo
(@farside-lobo)
Pup

The links below all present findings of hydroxychloroquine and zpac. None is favorable.  I hope that scientists can find a use where hydroxychloroquine can help.  Maybe the study you cite is homing in on the who, when and how to provide the drug to help.  It may help with the cytokine storm that often follows the onset of the virus--just as the the UK found with a common steroid.  Unfortunately, it has not turned out to be a 'game changer'.  In basketball terms, it's more like adding Henry T to your team than Danny Granger.  There may be a use for it though.  Think of Henry T going on defense against against Stanford and using up his five fouls in the first 5 minutes to keep Alex out of foul trouble 🙂 .   Maybe it will turn out that it's more like adding a real role player.  I hope they find an effective treatment.  If it's hydrocloroquine, that's great.  If it's something else, that's great too.  Interesting to note, the first to offer hydrocloroquine publicly for a treatment were the Chinese-- https://www.massgeneral.org/assets/MGH/pdf/news/coronavirus/background-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-covid-19.PDF .   Based on the timelines, I believe that is where President Trump got his information for his game changer statement.  Ironic if so.  I wonder if he'll give credit where credit is due if it turns out to help.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2766117

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/17/who-drops-hydroxychloroquine-covid-19-clinical-trial/

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-halts-clinical-trial-hydroxychloroquine

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

http://www.rfi.fr/en/science-and-technology/20200618-who-stops-hydroxychloroquine-trials-on-covid-19-patients

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/journal-scans/2020/05/14/13/59/association-of-treatment-with-hydroxychloroquine

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-revokes-emergency-use-authorization-chloroquine-and

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 3:53 pm
Servehim
(@servehim)
Pup

@brooklyn_esq

No .  I don't believe you personally are violent.  However  it is clear you and your like minded  followers support the BLM mindset ( based on a lie ...and empowered by Marxists  founders )  look it up those of you willing to face the Truth.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 11:38 pm
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

@servehim

Agreed - the BLM movement was founded by self-proclaimed Marxists. But what do you think the BLM mindset is today that Brooklyn and his like minded followers support?

Do you think that Donald Trump in 2020 shares the mindset of the founders of the Republican Party in 1854?

As I expect you already know - The party was started as a movement to stop the expansion of slavery in to Nebraska and Kansas. 

Personally I don't see DT's strategy of winning an election by dividing a nation as sharing that mindset.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2020 10:30 am
JulieG and Doublealum liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level

@brooklyn_esq

No .  I don't believe you personally are violent.  However  it is clear you and your like minded  followers support the BLM mindset ( based on a lie ...and empowered by Marxists  founders )  look it up those of you willing to face the Truth.  

and the founders of this country were.............. - revolutioaries, traitors, looters/rioters (Boston Tea Party, anyone) extreamest, etc.  Read Tomas Paine, Patrick  Henry - talk about rable rousers (for me Henry's best quote is not the very famos "Liberty or Death" but rather in the House of Burgeress (a place of some representation and compromises offered by the crown) when he said "If this be treason, let us make the most  of it."   All great human movements (even religions like  Christianity) start with a revolutionary mind set and one that causes (if sucessful) extream social upheaval and as uncomfortable as it seems at the time, change.  Almost always, the early leaders and founders are very dogmatic  and radical - later the movement has to face the realities  and becomes less radical.  All most who support BLM are saying is that Black lives (more than just life and death although that is the ultimate) matter too and equally, which from all objective evidence I can see is not the present condition.  Get over who the ealry founders are and look at where it is today.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2020 11:04 am
JulieG liked
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

With regards to the photos that I have posted here in the past few weeks.  Each and everyone of them came from reputable mainstream news websites - i.e. none of them are photoshop images or hoax images. They are reality and they are all from 2016 to today. Hmmm.... I wonder what happened in 2016 that seems to have caused so much racial tension in this country?

Southern Poverty Law Center Executive Summary: 2019 Year in Hate

A series of terror attacks in the United States and abroad—including the mass killings in El Paso, Texas, and New Zealand—have led federal authorities to put more focus on combating terrorism that stems from the movement. FBI Director Christopher Wray told the House Judiciary Committee in early February that the agency had upgraded its assessment of the threat posed by racially motivated extremists to a “national threat priority.” His remarks amplified his message from November, when he told the Senate Homeland Security Committee that a majority of domestic terror attacks are “fueled by some type of white supremacy.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2020 8:32 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

Wow !!!!   Clinical physicians take note.....extreme TDS  case . Did not realize how hard left many Lobo faithful are....I will have you note , many , MANY of the faithful followers to LL are not posting .... sadly because they are frightened of the few extremely violent Leftist.  The silent majority is here, and watching ....ready to pull the Trump lever .   Needed wall is being built , sex trafficking,  drug trafficking,  being reduced.  GREEN CARD  and Legal  entry are welcomed  Just foolishness to say Trump didn't react quickly and appropriately to curtail to Covid 19 spread !!!!n  You attack the Sovereign power of God and His followers??    Hummmm. We evolved up out from what Brook??  

So glad to see that you resurfaced from your self imposed sabbatical.  

First, I wanted to comment on your claim that extremely violent leftists are scaring LairNM followers away.  Being that this is primarily a college athletics website and there currently are no college athletics going on it's understandable that site traffic here is lower than normal.

Next, it's great to know that you are a believer.  A worthy trait to be sure.  Being that you are a Christian I assume that you are also a believer in the 10 Commandments, specifically Commandment #9: Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.   

Fundamentally, the ninth commandment states that one should not lie. Though the commandment is specific, it is well understood that any kind of lying is considered a sin.

That being the case I would like to ask you a few questions and you presumably being an honest person should be able to provide honest answers.  I promise to limit them to 2 questions so here goes.

1)  Regarding your implication that Trump acted quickly and appropriately to Covid 19, would you be so understanding and tolerant if this had happened under Barack Obama's watch?  Remember there was a single death in the US during the 2014-16 Ebola outbreak.

https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/history/2014-2016-outbreak/index.html

2) Donald J Trump has acknowledged sexually assaulting women.  He admitted committing adultery with a porn star 4 months after his 3rd wife gave birth to his 3rd son. He had his then-attorney Michael Cohen buy Stormy Daniels silence which is a campaign finance violation. This is part of the reason why Cohen was sentenced to a prison term.  We have all witnessed him lying multiple times both with his spoken words and his twitter account.  We have all heard him referring to people he disdains in ways that are beneath the office of the President. We have all witnessed how he constantly and continually seeks to divide the country rather than unite it.  We have all witnessed how he constantly and continually spews racist rhetoric.  We have all witnessed how he seems more concerned with defending dead confederate traitors than protecting living Americans from the Corona virus.  We all heard him promise to drain the swamp, but he instead supercharged it with, so far, 4 members of his inner circle either being sentenced to prison (Manafort and Cohen), pled guilty (Flynn) or pending sentencing (Stone). We have heard him welcome foreign interference in our democratic election process. Under his authority, immigrant women and their children have been locked in and in some cases died in cages.

I could go on and on, but as a Christian do you think that his actions exemplify the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Thanks.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Digital Lobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2020 9:31 pm
roblips and loborick liked
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

I'm posting these in case folks are still interested.  I know that (very unfortunately) the use of HCQ became very politicized in the U.S., but folks should be aware that all over the world many studies/trials with HCQ treatment have continued, with varying results.   I am ONLY interested in where the science goes with this...I do not care what Trump may or may not have stated about HCQ.   I've used HCQ personally before (for malaria prophylaxis)....it was previously considered a very 'safe' drug; however, it does have some side effects. 

Here are two more recent studies (in pre-print) with positive findings. 

A new study (N=518) showing the Zelenko protocol (HCQ + AZ + Zinc) dramatically reduces hospitalization rates of Covid-19 patients. (p<0.001) preprints.org/manuscript/202

HCQ for prophylaxis in India over 342,000 healthcare workers. Out of 66649 close contacts of covid+ve patients, apparently just 0.2% actually got the disease. [link]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2020 8:22 am
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Pack Leader

Navarro Doesn’t Give Full Picture On Hydroxychloroquine

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/navarro-doesnt-give-full-picture-on-hydroxychloroquine/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2020 2:15 pm
Share: