Covid is out of Con...

Notifications
Clear all

Covid is out of Control in the USA - 101,461 New Cases on Friday

Page 1 / 7
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

We just set a new world record and I can't hold my tongue anymore.  There is no WH plan to address stopping the spreading of the virus and in fact, the "current" idiot POTUS is holding multiple 25k+ super spreader covid events in all swing states and it is showing in the new cases and those states have gone up more than 50% in new cases.

We need a national plan NOW.  This is insane and ludicrous.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 10:22 am
Pmixmaster, MilitaryLobo, Doublealum and 1 people liked
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

You mean wearing masks and staying away from people doesn’t work? 

It must be in the water or in the food supply. Damn, maybe it’s from outer space? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 1:43 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo

And like when they unveiled the plan to reopen schools, there is nothing Trump could say or do on the 'Federal' level where people like you wouldn't immediately fight him every step of the way. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 1:45 pm
soloyo liked
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo

Things will began to change Wednesday morning when we get a rash of new studies from the 'experts'.  All those deaths, forget about them, the Covid impact wasn't as great as we thought. Asymptomatic spread...not nearly as high as predicted.  Masks and distancing, aren't effective and aren't needed. Impact on children, not as great as having screwols closed, etc.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 1:52 pm
Servehim and Rickfox liked
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

Biden will hold a press conference, raise his finger in the air and tell all Americans to please wear a mask. Then the press will label him a great leader, shower him with praise, and schools will finally reopen now that “we finally have a leader with a plan.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 2:01 pm
soloyo and Rickfox liked
crazylobo12
(@crazylobo12)

What about flu cases? Did the flu magically disappear? Or are those just being mixed in as well? I don't know.

Everywhere I go people are wearing masks. What is the democrat plan? Lockdown the country for three years? Their platform is just to get rid of Trump. Nothing else. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 2:21 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @uws

Biden will hold a press conference, raise his finger in the air and tell all Americans to please wear a mask. Then the press will label him a great leader, shower him with praise, and schools will finally reopen now that “we finally have a leader with a plan.”

He will at least try to 'lead' on the issue.  Likely not much we can do at this point and very unlikely that the people who refuse to follow behaviors that curtail spread of the virus will change anything.   I've said on this board that I don't think that the COVID situation would be too different had another President been in office...but some real leadership could have made a difference earlier.  The 'head in the sand' approach, if nothing else, was the worst display of leadership (possibly in the world...but I don't know for sure on that).   Telling the American people that it would go from 15 people to 1 person 'soon'...totally speaking out of his ass...and continuing to whistle past the graveyard with gems like 'we are turning the corner'.  What utter nonsense.   At least give me a politician that takes it seriously, at least considers what our true government experts are saying, and presents the most probably outlook and ideas for response to the American people. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 2:25 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

today, we already have 76,755 new cases and another 870 deaths and we still have over 3 hours to go in the reporting day.

UK just issued another lock-down to get their cases under control.

Like it or not, the USA may have to impose another lock-down if cases stay elevated and deaths do not come down.

The alternative, is case continue spiking even higher than 100k and death counts continue to rise from 1k to 2k+.  Is that a better alternative?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 2:52 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

People have made a choice: they are not afraid of this virus or they just don’t care anymore. Either way, there is no amount of leadership that can change this. 

People don’t eat healthy. They die of heart attacks. Is that the President’s problem? Can he change their minds? 

People smoke, their lungs and arteries become clogged, and they die. Is that the President’s fault? Can he change their minds? 

People injest drugs and die of overdoses or other effects of drug use. Is that the President’s fault? Can he change their minds? 

People drink alcohol to excess and die when certain organs fail. Is that the President’s fault? Can he change their minds? 

People go out, get too close to others in confined spaces, and they get infected and some die. Is that the President’s fault? Can he change their minds? 

Bottom line: the risks of these risky behaviors are all well known, but people are free in this country to make their own decisions on how to live. They assume the risk, and if they die, that’s their responsibility and no one else’s fault. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by UWS
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 2:53 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

People have made a choice: they are not afraid of this virus. 

You mean we have turned the corner figuratively . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 2:58 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1322526504396353537 Image

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 3:10 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

Your own personal safety is a choice. 

Except when the government decides to take that choice away from you. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by UWS
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:16 pm
Rickfox and Grit liked
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

I heard that the number of confirmed cases of overeating on Friday exceeded 5 million. What I want to know is what is Trump’s plan to reduce this problem? 

All of these people are taking risks. They know that they should not overeat, but they do so anyway. That’s the choice they make, and if they continue to make that choice, they will probably die early.

But in a Democratic city like New York, that choice has been taken away to some extent. Recall the city law that restricted the size of soft drinks! Because the amount of calories was too great! 

Do some of you really want to live that way and give up your freedom? 

Bizarre. 

Brook? Care to comment? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/03/11/the-new-york-city-soda-ban-explained/%3foutputType=amp

This post was modified 1 year ago 5 times by UWS
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:26 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

I was in Central Park about 15 or so years ago. Took out a cigar and fired it up. A female 40ish jogger passed by me ten feet away. She turned around, jogged up to me, blocked my path, got down on her knees, and begged me not to smoke in the park. 

LoL. You cant make this $hit up. 

Our country is bizarre. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:38 pm
The Fat Muffin Man
(@the-fat-muffin-man)
Pup

@txlobo95

What does that even mean dude? “Deaths if the US had responded as well as South Korea.”

Please explain in detail what that means. Also how does South Korea’s response (with their homogeneous cultural and societal reality) map to our melting pot situation?

Finally, how would Biden handle this? Would it be like the swine flu again?

This post was modified 1 year ago by The Fat Muffin Man
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:38 pm
Rickfox liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

so its ok to put other people's safety at risk because you want to be a moron?

No, putting other people's safety at risk is not a choice.

If you want to harm yourself and jump off a cliff, yes, that is your choice, knock yourself out.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 3:40 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @txlobo95

If you want to harm yourself and jump off a cliff, yes, that is your choice, knock yourself out.  

What? Are you talking about me lighting up a cigar and taking a few puffs in an 843 acre park where the nearest person was ten feet away and might have been exposed to a few microscopic particles for less than a millisecond? 

Ooooh. What a bad man I am.

Trust me. That jogger was harmed that day the minute she decided to wake up and breathe. It’s an inevitable part of life. 

Oh, and I’m the same bad man who served on submarines, ships, and two years in the Middle East to protect your freedoms. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 7 times by UWS
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:54 pm
Servehim and Rickfox liked
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered

Are dying with COVID-19 and dying from COVID-19 the same thing? In the U.S.A. they are

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/investigations/questions-over-the-accuracy-of-how-the-state-tracks-covid-deaths/283-0b1b7b6c-695e-4313-92cf-a4cfd7510721

------

Dr. Birx: Unlike some countries, "If someone does with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/08/dr_birx_unlike_some_countries_if_someone_dies_with_covid-19_we_are_counting_that_as_a_covid-19_death.html

------

"What counts as a COVID-19 death is defined differently in different countries," said Kevin McConway, a professor of applied statistics at Britain's Open University

http://www.jordantimes.com/news/world/covid-deaths-many-nations-exceed-official-tallies

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 3:56 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1322526504396353537 Image

Oy vey, this is the most silly comparison I've read today.  SK is the size of the State of Indiana.  Isolated.  Limited ingress/egress points with closed border.  Only in dreamland can anyone try to tie the two together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 4:00 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

What? Are you talking about me lighting up a cigar and taking a few puffs in an 843 acre park where the nearest person was ten feet away and might have been exposed to a few microscopic particles for less than a millisecond? 

Trust me. That jogger was harmed that day the minute she decided to wake up and breathe.  

Damn, you put everyone down, including this poor jogger. 🤔

No, I was referring to covid re: putting other people's lives at risk.  I don't think cigar smoke only briefly exposed is going to put your life at risk.

However, the picture is getting clearer, that you simply like to go against convention and solicit people to have to volunteer to speak out against you and then make fun of them when they do... 😧 😖 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 4:06 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

Trust me. That jogger was harmed that day the minute she decided to wake up and breathe.  

Damn, you put everyone down, including this poor jogger. 🤔

No, I was referring to covid re: putting other people's lives at risk.  I don't think cigar smoke only briefly exposed is going to put your life at risk.

However, the picture is getting clearer, that you simply like to go against convention and solicit people to have to volunteer to speak out against you and then make fun of them when they do... 😧 😖 

Can’t we just get along? LoL 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 4:13 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

Lol, I think you having a beer with 45 is a better fit. 😏 

It will be nice when we can get back to Lobo sports and get off the political thing...although, I will be following the Trump criminal cases and other cases against him closely, to see if he gets what's coming to him...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 4:48 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

It will be nice when we can get back to Lobo sports and get off the political thing...although, I will be following the Trump criminal cases and other cases against him closely, to see if he gets what's coming to him...

Don’t hold your breath. Trump has done nothing wrong. Besides, he can afford the best lawyers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 5:10 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Don’t hold your breath. Trump has done nothing wrong. Besides, he can afford the best lawyers. 

If he can hire the best lawyers what’s he waiting for?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 5:18 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

If he can hire the best lawyers what’s he waiting for?

A real threat. 

If you think Trump fears or is concerned with possible litigation against him, you don’t know his history. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 6:17 pm
Grit liked
The Fat Muffin Man
(@the-fat-muffin-man)
Pup

@uws

Brooklyn and Tx live in a fantasy land where their political enemies are frog marched out of office in cuffs and publicly shamed before being thrown in prison.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 6:20 pm
loboman and UWS liked
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @the-fat-muffin-man

@uws

Brooklyn and Tx live in a fantasy land where their political enemies are frog marched out of office in cuffs and publicly shamed before being thrown in prison.

Who is individual 1? Trump U and the Family Trust found to be fraudulently run organizations. NYS and NYC are both investigating  the Trump Org, and they of course have his tax returns. 

He best win Tuesday or citizen Trump will be busy in various Courts come 2021.

I watched Trump excommunicated from the NYC real estate industry 25 years ago. It wasn’t pretty. He owes bad people large sums of money now.  It could get ugly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 8:26 pm
soloyo
(@soloyo)
Lobo

We just set a new world record and I can't hold my tongue anymore.  There is no WH plan to address stopping the spreading of the virus and in fact, the "current" idiot POTUS is holding multiple 25k+ super spreader covid events in all swing states and it is showing in the new cases and those states have gone up more than 50% in new cases.

We need a national plan NOW.  This is insane and ludicrous.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

More of your left leaning liberal Sophist rhetoric.

It is out of control all over the world~~And here YOU continue with your supporting a Therapeutic Society~~PC  baloney. And blasting OUR President

This is THE leftist entire campaign. Covid Covid Covid. ~~~ZERO~~and Snivel

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 8:44 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Lobo Lobo level

Some of you should be writing novels instead of posting here. Pure fiction being penned. Tarantino would be impressed. I guess you’ve all had four years of practice. 

Covid-19 will go down in history as the most exaggerated and politicized event in history. You may be fooling some, but not all. And you fiction writers have just angered and hardened our resolve. 

Can't wait to vote IN PERSON at the polls on Nov. 3. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 8:45 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

Don’t hold your breath. Trump has done nothing wrong. 

Glad to see you are still in La La Land.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 31, 2020 9:22 pm
Page 1 / 7
Share: