Forum

Deficit reduction p...

Notifications
Clear all

Deficit reduction plan

ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

Well Uncle Joe gave his first major policy speech and nothing was mentioned to deal with the $27T hole. It must have just been an oversight. I'm sure the mainstream media will hold him accountable, though not yet. They called the new $1.9T porkulus 'water damage'. https://www.facebook.com/ABCNewsLive/videos/breaking-down-president-elect-joe-bidens-pandemic-relief-plan/1086954941779359/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos

Topic starter Posted : January 15, 2021 2:58 pm
JimSoks liked
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @ChairESilver

Well Uncle Joe gave his first major policy speech and nothing was mentioned to deal with the $27T hole. It must have just been an oversight. I'm sure the mainstream media will hold him accountable, though not yet. They called the new $1.9T porkulus 'water damage'. https://www.facebook.com/ABCNewsLive/videos/breaking-down-president-elect-joe-bidens-pandemic-relief-plan/1086954941779359/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos

It bothers me too that nobody even discusses the longer term implications.  Still though, with the unprecidented (there's that term again) economic times it might be 'required' to get us through...(we may have no choice, effectively).    

I'm sure we'll see a bunch of conservative economic hawks coming out of the wood work now....even through its been nothing but drunken sailors for the last several decades....ramping up yet more still under Trump.   Trump killed any semblence of the 'Tea Party'....and they seemed to fall right into lockstep with him on all fronts. 

We probably really need about five or six viable political "parties" at this point.....getting absoluately absurd that formerly fiscal conservatives were grouped with the party of Trump.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 3:14 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

‘Mainstream media’??  I thought they had been overtaken by fake news AKA Faux News, Q-OAN, News Crax, and Rush Limpballs.  🙄

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 3:18 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

deficit reduction a part of the democrats vocabulary? Only as their rationale to increase taxes on those who actually pay taxes while exempting a large percentage of their political base.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 8:44 am
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @zoom

deficit reduction a part of the democrats vocabulary? Only as their rationale to increase taxes on those who actually pay taxes while exempting a large percentage of their political base.

You bastards haven't cared about the deficits for four years. The only time you care about it is when a Democrat is President. You fascists are destroying our democratic republic in so many ways.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 10:13 am
Primordial, UNMerciful_1, GoLobos and 1 people liked
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

...$350bn cash infusion for budget-strapped state and local governments to prevent lay-offs of public sector workers, a priority for Democrats...

didn't know government workers ever got laid off...where's the $$$ really going...to support other dem agendas...

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 10:27 am
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

@zoom

Fact - hard working civil servants can and do get laid off. Do nothing elected officials do not get laid off, though they can be impeached.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 12:22 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

Agreed.  Hypocrite Republicans only care about deficits when Democrats are in charge.

Unfortunately for zoom he suffers from a deficit of operable cognitive functions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 3:30 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Impeachment boy blew a 7 trillion dollar hole in the budget with his tax plan and now the weenie Conservative budget boys here scream about the deficit!

What clowns! Putting on your war paint and headdress and doing a martial law dance this weekend? Worshipping the pillow man? 

Over the weekend, without transition help, Team Biden has put forth more cohesive strategies  for the economic revival and eradication of the Virus that we have gotten from Individual -1 in the past year.

Can’t wait to see the pardon lists he took cash for. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 7:34 am
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

The inauguration is three days away. Maybe Biden will lay out his deficit reduction vision then. He can call his buddy BHO for help. I'm sure he was working on a plan that was going to be brilliant.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 17, 2021 8:04 am
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @zoom

You mean taxing people more that make 500k+ annually vs exempting people that cant afford a pot to piss in, is a bad thing??? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 10:55 am
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

Well nothing during the inauguration speech. But the State of the Union is coming up and I'm sure Biden has the best minds in the administration working on it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 20, 2021 10:19 am
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

@ChairESilver

Hard to reverse 4 years of incompetence in an acceptance speech. Though I guess he could have entertained us with lies, conspiracy theories and false projections.

Why not give the guy a chance to use the WH toilet and wipe his ass before you call him a man without a plan. And maybe if DT had worked on the transition instead of his golf game we would be closer to a plan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2021 3:05 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @ChairESilver

Well nothing during the inauguration speech. But the State of the Union is coming up and I'm sure Biden has the best minds in the administration working on it.

Send in the clowns 

Don’t bother, they’re here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2021 5:59 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

Now that they got the $1.9T in pork passed, I'm sure the attention will be solely on how to reduce the deficit.  I'm expecting a big plan soon!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 9:06 am
JimSoks liked
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @lesismoore

Now that they got the $1.9T in pork passed, I'm sure the attention will be solely on how to reduce the deficit.  I'm expecting a big plan soon!

Reinstate taxes the filthy rich got with their tax break for Trump.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 9:40 am
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo
Posted by: @unm-class-of-1972

That will pay for like .01% of the porkulus bill.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 4:00 pm
LOBO10-40
(@lobo10-40)
Pup

Before Biden’s four years are up, and counting his time as VP, he will be responsible for more national debt placed upon our country than all the other presidents before him combined. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 11:47 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @lobo10-40

Before Biden’s four years are up, and counting his time as VP, he will be responsible for more national debt placed upon our country than all the other presidents before him combined. 

The debt is critical and there should be at least some discussion in the national discourse. Unfortunately, like in so many other areas of the polity, the GOP has pissed away an moral or ethical claim of superiority over the past four years. Regarding your claim on Biden...that might be true, but you could say that for any recent Pres if he were Pres + VP for 12 years...national debt should only be compared in terms of the current day GDP, anyway.   And yes, we are hovering above 100% GDP....and we approached that under the previous Pres near the end of his term.   Those levels not seen since WW2 era.   The deficit from COVID alone is rather staggering and when integrated into the debt it will hurt bad...but deficits are project to get back to pre-COVID levels before too long....but yes, the harm to the debt will persist much longer. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 4:03 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

Looks like you got part of your wish; and it covers 3.2% of the massive cost.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tax-hikes-tucked-biden-covid-233243377.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2021 11:58 am
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo

Border 'Czar' Kamala hasn't made it down there yet.  Biden has presented no Covid plan other than shaking his finger and mumbling about wearing a mask and getting the vaccine.  I think I know why. All hands are on board coming up with a deficit reduction plan.  I expect something massive, soon.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 21, 2021 5:37 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

Well nothing at the not SOTU address. Something so big is in the works, it must need its own prime time address!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 28, 2021 6:40 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

everything's free...yay! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 6:43 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

Finally a plan on the table to deal with the deficit!!

Starting in the 2030s.  https://www.aol.com/finance/biden-propose-6-trillion-u-121102645-134319291.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 27, 2021 8:35 am
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

Sweet!  The 4 faces of Grievance, (ChairESilver, LesisMoore, JimSoks and Darkside i.e. all the same person) all posting on the same thread.  That is a ploy straight out of LeeRoy Lucero's playbook.  Hey, porkchop head.  You aren't fooling anyone with your junior high antics of one tool trying to sound like a whole toolbox.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 2, 2021 4:34 pm
Hoops
(@hoops)
Lobo

At least the filthy rich pay taxes....what about society's dead weight and the food stamps, WIC checks, low rent housing they receive for popping out another kid. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2021 3:32 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

We finally have a plan! The 'rich' and corporations are gonna pay a few billion$ in new taxes over several years and that is gonna cover $2T in new pork now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 28, 2021 5:29 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo

Gimmicks? No way! https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/04/us/politics/democrats-spending-bill-budget-tricks.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 2:23 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

So no plan is better than the plan??  The deficit is expected to fall sharply in the current fiscal year, especially if President Biden’s stalled $2 trillion Build Back Better plan fails to get resurrected.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-budget-deficit-shrinks-85-in-december-to-21-billion-11642014239

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 9:51 am
Share: