Notifications
Clear all

Ginsburg died  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader Lobo level

I think most people think she was pretty amazing, me included.

Hell, even DJT praised her! So, lefties, is he all that bad?  😉 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Lobo_for_life
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 8:41 am
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered

"It has been suggested by more than one commentator, including some law professors, that I should have stepped down during President Obama's second term," said Ginsburg, age 86, as reported by CNBC. "When that suggestion is made, I ask the question: Who would you prefer on the court rather than me?"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ruth-bader-ginsburg-reveals-why-she-didnt-retire-during-obamas-term-2019-09-19

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 9:18 am
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo
Posted by: @elmassuave

"It has been suggested by more than one commentator, including some law professors, that I should have stepped down during President Obama's second term," said Ginsburg, age 86, as reported by CNBC. "When that suggestion is made, I ask the question: Who would you prefer on the court rather than me?"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ruth-bader-ginsburg-reveals-why-she-didnt-retire-during-obamas-term-2019-09-19

that’s easy

Someone that isn’t about the genocide of babies. Like 21+ million for Ruth. There are millions of black and Hispanic babies that Ruthie supported being chopped up or sucked into a sinkhole. Half being girl babies. I’m sure they would support someone else being on the bench  

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Lucero
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 9:56 am
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered

A Marquette University poll, conducted September 8-15, among 1,523 adults nationwide, found that "a substantial majority" of respondents, or 67-percent, believe the Senate should proceed with confirmation hearings this year if a vacancy occurred.  Most notably, the survey found that the majority view does not tend to vary by party affiliation.

https://www.marquette.edu/news-center/2020/public-views-of-justice-ginsburg-and-appointments-to-the-supreme-court.php

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 12:09 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

"Twenty-nine times in American history there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in an election year, or in a lame duck session before the next presidential inauguration.... The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases."

"Choosing not to fill a vacancy would be a historically unprecedented act of unilateral disarmament....  There is not a chance that the Democrats, in the same position, would ever reciprocate, as their own history illustrates."

Source: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Too bad McConnell didn't read your eloquent post a few years ago.

And now the same people (Trump, Pence, McConnell) who loudly insisted to CHANGE precedent four years ago when it suited them, now want to flop back again when it suits them.  Regardless of the nominee, who I do not know who it will be or anything about them, I hate this kind of blatant HYPOCRACY by the Republican elites.  I do believe in process, and McConnell's behavior again shows he has no regard for rules, precedent, or civility.  I wish the RW folks here would at least admit the man is a blatantly hypocritical even if they like the nominee.

No, I am not "anti-Republican", but I find both Trump and McConnell to be disingenuous liars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

@lobo2x53

actually if you look at precedent if the senate and White House are the same party this is 28 out of 29 they make the nomination and confirm.

lame duck situation I believe it is 8 out of 9 nomination and confirmation  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered
Posted by: @lobo2x53

"Twenty-nine times in American history there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in an election year, or in a lame duck session before the next presidential inauguration.... The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases."

"Choosing not to fill a vacancy would be a historically unprecedented act of unilateral disarmament....  There is not a chance that the Democrats, in the same position, would ever reciprocate, as their own history illustrates."

Source: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Too bad McConnell didn't read your eloquent post a few years ago.

And now the same people (Trump, Pence, McConnell) who loudly insisted to CHANGE precedent four years ago when it suited them, now want to flop back again when it suits them.  Regardless of the nominee, who I do not know who it will be or anything about them, I hate this kind of blatant HYPOCRACY by the Republican elites.  I do believe in process, and McConnell's behavior again shows he has no regard for rules, precedent, or civility.  I wish the RW folks here would at least admit the man is a blatantly hypocritical even if they like the nominee.

No, I am not "anti-Republican", but I find both Trump and McConnell to be disingenuous liars.

The Republican position on filling vacancies arising during a presidential election year has been consistent and follows historical norms

"When different parties control the White House and Senate (e.g. 2016) the confirmation process does not proceed, or proceeds and the nomination usually fails.  In the handful of instances when such nominations proceeded, they failed 4 out of 6 times."

Source: https://judicialnetwork.com/in-the-news/scotus-vacancies-potus-election-years/

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 1:07 pm
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

@elmassuave 

well here you go 21 out of 25 times the senate confirms  

It isn’t 2016. In the realm of Supreme Court nominations, practice has long followed principle. Twenty-five times presidents have made nominations to fill Supreme Court vacancies that arose in presidential election years, and 21 times the Senate confirmed the nominee. The general rule is that when there is a vacancy on the nation’s highest court, the political branches will fill it.“

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-biden-rule-doesnt-apply-in-2020-11600545795

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 1:32 pm
Grit liked
Grit
 Grit
(@elmassuave)
Lobo Registered

Even in the modern era, when the confirmation process has gotten much longer, there still have been 3 justices who were thoroughly vetted and confirmed in a reasonable period of time.

In 1975, Justice Stevens was confirmed in just 16 days after his nomination.

In 1981, Justice O'Connor was confirmed in just 33 days after her nomination.

In 1993, Justice Ginsburg was confirmed in just 42 days after her nomination.

Source: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33225.pdf

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 2:35 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level
Posted by: @lucero

Just like the millions of babies Murdered you all didn’t care about. And for that fact she didn’t care about. 

If we get a conservative court we can stop the genocide of babies. That would be a big victory for humanity. 

While I think you have exhibited monumental ignorance and insensitivity in the past, this post reveals total ignorance and insensitivity at best or outright bigotry. You have expressed your glee at the appointment of a Justice who will  allow her religious beliefs influence her constitutional interpretations but if Justice Ginsberg did the same (which based on actually reading her opinions, I am very confident she did not), she is to be condemned for genocide of all things.Justice Ginsberg was Jewish and under Jewish law life begins at birth so if she did what you want her replacement to do (allow her religious beliefs to impede/override  the law) you accuse her of perpetrating  genocide for following her religion. Your belief of when life begins is one I respect. You and others to have the right to but such belief but  a Supreme Court justice must be put aside (like Justice Ginsberg did in her opinions) but if YOU think ones religious beliefs should color their decisions then what a bigot you are for condemning Justice Ginsberg of genocide. Your version of Christianity is not the only religion in the world and many millions even billions of good decent humans do not and have Not shared all of your beliefs - you are entitled to your beliefs but apparently you as a refuse to do the same for other humans. You can kiss my kosher ass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 7:37 pm
MaxLobo liked
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

I could care less about anyone’s opinion. Genocide is death. A baby isn’t an “opinion”. A child is a living being. 

Whether she was Jewish or another ethnicity is irrelevant. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 8:01 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader Customer, Registered, Lobo level
Posted by: @lucero

I could care less about anyone’s opinion. Genocide is death. A baby isn’t an “opinion”. A child is a living being. 

Whether she was Jewish or another ethnicity is irrelevant. 

I said what I meant and meant what I said and you are henceforth irrelevant and I could not care less about you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 8:15 pm
roblips
(@roblips)
Pup

@lucero

Your definition of genocide is not widely shared, particularly not by Jews. Speaking of whom, Jews are not an ethnicity anymore than that splinter group " the Christians" are. If you are going to post about other people you should do some homework and maybe listen to some of their opinions you clot

This post was modified 2 months ago by roblips
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 8:42 pm
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

@roblips 21 million + babies lives ended snuffed out since 1993. Call it what you want. For those babies they can’t call it anything. They are dead 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 8:54 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

Obviously RBG was far more sick than the public was being told.  How dare they try to hid the health of a public servant!  Especially someone as important as a SCOTUS justice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2020 7:25 pm
Hoops
(@hoops)
Pup
Posted by: @digital-lobo

Let's see... @loboman, @hoops (why do I get the feeling that these two are the same person) and @fatass muffin man are all butt hurt over @Coprophagia Lucero, the fake Christian, getting called out for his disgusting posts, but none of these jokers mind all the repulsive bile that comes out of Corona Don's orange pie hole and his ridiculous twitter feed every day.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Hoops
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2020 7:03 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

Damn Hoops. I had a flashback. Allen has been dead since 1997. As a Lobo that loved Allen Ginsberg (I also loved Ruth).  Hey Allen. I howl! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo
Posted by: @hoops

Let's see... @loboman, @hoops (why do I get the feeling that these two are the same person) and @fatass muffin man are all butt hurt over @Coprophagia Lucero, the fake Christian, getting called out for his disgusting posts, but none of these jokers mind all the repulsive bile that comes out of Corona Don's orange pie hole and his ridiculous twitter feed every day.

I saw your post prior to you deleting it.  Trayvon Martin is dead.  You should let him rest in peace.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2020 10:11 pm
Hoops
(@hoops)
Pup
Posted by: @hoops

I saw your post prior to you deleting it.  Trayvon Martin is dead.  You should let him rest in peace.

You folks on this board should mellow out...I see the same people posting over and over and over....Get a life  .Same people posting over and over and over and over and over and over. Instead of posting over and over and over why don't you get down on your knees and simply say  a prayer for Travon and his family....and George Zimmerman also...and for yourselves  who seem to have nothing better to do with your lives than post on this board.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2020 12:04 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: