Forum

Idiot politician in...

Notifications
Clear all

Idiot politician in Santa Fe

loboman
(@loboman)
Lobo

Egolf cries foul over Lobo ticket prices - Albuquerque Journal (abqjournal.com)

Topic starter Posted : November 11, 2021 8:07 am
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

Won't argue with you on this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 8:30 am
Servehim liked
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

It's pretty scary someone with no idea how things function in the real world, no idea how supply/ demand works can get elected to a position of leadership.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 9:28 am
Servehim and loboman liked
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

Is he more idiotic than Ted Cruz fighting with Big Bird.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 1:58 pm
loboman
(@loboman)
Lobo

@digital-lobo Yes, and about as idiotic as Ilhan Omar marrying her brother.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Celine liked
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

@loboman 

A pretty sketchy and unproven allegation.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-marry-brother/

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 2:38 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @darkside

It's pretty scary someone with no idea how things function in the real world, no idea how supply/ demand works can get elected to a position of leadership.

Definitely a bit scary..., it certainly shows that it isn't just elected Republicans who lack critical thinking skills! 😉 

It's almost as bad as non-medical people posting on this site who insist that masks and vaccines and social distancing don't work to help slow down the effects of a highly viral disease that has killed over 750,000 people in the U.S.  Or people who insist that the Presidential election in 2020 wasn't legitimate or that the January 6th insurrection wasn't a very big deal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 7:03 pm
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo
Posted by: @primordial

Definitely a bit scary..., it certainly shows that it isn't just elected Republicans who lack critical thinking skills! 😉 

It's almost as bad as non-medical people posting on this site who insist that masks and vaccines and social distancing don't work to help slow down the effects of a highly viral disease that has killed over 750,000 people in the U.S.  Or people who insist that the Presidential election in 2020 wasn't legitimate or that the January 6th insurrection wasn't a very big deal.

If masks, vaccines and social distancing worked, there wouldn't be 750k deaths.  BTW, let's look at the history of some 'medical' people... Putting everyone on ventilators? Had folks running around disinfecting everything in sight? Said it took 14 days for the virus to incubate, overselling vaccine effectiveness, breakthrough cases would only be 1 in 5000, etc.   Trying to tell us we can vaccine our way out of a pandemic when respiratory viruses mutate so quickly, 80 years of vaccines haven't eradicated the flu. Have they been right about anything?

And the medical people that don't go along, they get branded as kooks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 8:11 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @lesismoore

If masks, vaccines and social distancing worked, there wouldn't be 750k deaths.  BTW, let's look at the history of some 'medical' people... Putting everyone on ventilators? Had folks running around disinfecting everything in sight? Said it took 14 days for the virus to incubate, overselling vaccine effectiveness, breakthrough cases would only be 1 in 5000, etc.   Trying to tell us we can vaccine our way out of a pandemic when respiratory viruses mutate so quickly, 80 years of vaccines haven't eradicated the flu. Have they been right about anything?

The one bit of useful info you regurgitated was that it takes awhile for scientists to figure out both what the dangers and appropriate preventative actions are for a constantly evolving deadly virus.

Beyond that, thank you for proving my point... 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 12:12 am
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

The one bit of useful info you regurgitated was that it takes awhile for scientists to figure out both what the dangers and appropriate preventative actions are for a constantly evolving deadly virus.

Why?  This is a contagious respiratory virus which mankind has never been able to control that is behaving like, shocker, a contagious respiratory virus which mankind has no control over.  The only thing 'evolving' is the (political) 'science'. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 8:50 am
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

Why?  This is a contagious respiratory virus which mankind has never been able to control that is behaving like, shocker, a contagious respiratory virus which mankind has no control over.  The only thing 'evolving' is the (political) 'science'. 

So... lets do some critical thinking together here!

Option #1:  One point of view would be that humans make a bunch of (sometimes flawed, often political and always economically based) efforts to try to slow down the deadly effects of a virus that we have difficulty controlling in order to reduce the literal cost in human lives and the potential for a global meltdown of medical and all other services that would likely be apocalyptic in scope - at a considerable economic cost to many as well as the relatively minor discomforts associated with wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

Option #2:  Another point of view - that seems to be what you are promoting if I am correct - is that we should have just ignored the virus as a whole, not taken any kind of preventative measures, and seen what happens on the flip side of the pandemic.  Please let me know if I can add anything to this point of view?  Maybe we should have all had Coronavirus parties where we intentionally infected each other so that the pandemic could have ended earlier?  What might be some other flawed (or great?!) ideas you have for this option?  I'd like to know!

Now, if we were to exclude any middle ground for the sake of simplicity - which of the two options above is more likely to lead to the highest number of deaths, the greatest amount of chaos at all levels and the largest literal cost to our global and personal economies?

I am not just mocking you... I would love to have a legitimate/intelligent conversation with ANYONE who can articulate (without hindsight as your friend) what a better approach would have been as the virus started taking its toll on our population.  It's been 20+ months and that still hasn't happened. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 9:22 am
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

So... lets do some critical thinking together here!

Option #1:  One point of view would be that humans make a bunch of (sometimes flawed, often political and always economically based) efforts to try to slow down the deadly effects of a virus that we have difficulty controlling in order to reduce the literal cost in human lives and the potential for a global meltdown of medical and all other services that would likely be apocalyptic in scope - at a considerable economic cost to many as well as the relatively minor discomforts associated with wearing masks, social distancing, etc.

Option #2:  Another point of view - that seems to be what you are promoting if I am correct - is that we should have just ignored the virus as a whole, not taken any kind of preventative measures, and seen what happens on the flip side of the pandemic.  Please let me know if I can add anything to this point of view?  Maybe we should have all had Coronavirus parties where we intentionally infected each other so that the pandemic could have ended earlier?  What might be some other flawed (or great?!) ideas you have for this option?  I'd like to know!

Now, if we were to exclude any middle ground for the sake of simplicity - which of the two options above is more likely to lead to the highest number of deaths, the greatest amount of chaos at all levels and the largest literal cost to our global and personal economies?

I am not just mocking you... I would love to have a legitimate/intelligent conversation with ANYONE who can articulate (without hindsight as your friend) what a better approach would have been as the virus started taking its toll on our population.  It's been 20+ months and that still hasn't happened. 😉 

There is no 'approach'.  You let the virus run its natural course like you have done since the beginning of time meaning there are periods it is gonna wax and periods it is gonna wane.  You certainly don't blindly listen to people who say they can control it when they can't even decide and flip flop every few years on whether aspirin is a miracle drug or lurking killer. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 10:11 am
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

Interesting... So, your decision (of all those available to you) would be that we should have done nothing at all to slow (please note the word 'slow', as opposed to 'stop') the virus down?  I am not saying you are wrong, just clarifying...

And, I really would love it if you would illuminate me with your thoughts on whether doing so would have resulted in fewer deaths (globally and in the U.S.) and a lower cost to global and local economies?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 10:37 am
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

https://news.yahoo.com/highly-vaccinated-vermont-more-covid-152537112.html

This is just amazing! Last year the 'experts' in Vermont like NM told residents no herd immunity.  Herd immunity is bad! Herd immunity means death!  Hide under the bed and Covid will magically go away.  Now cases are exploding because herd immunity is low. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 11:01 am
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

This is just amazing! Last year the 'experts' in Vermont like NM told residents no herd immunity.  Herd immunity is bad! Herd immunity means death!  Hide under the bed and Covid will magically go away.  Now cases are exploding because herd immunity is low. 

Hrmm... I don't see that link as having any correlation to what I asked.

In relation to the article you just posted, the words 'herd immunity' aren't written anywhere in it, so I'd love to have some clarity on where the idea that 'herd immunity means death' comes from?  All the article is saying is that the rise in cases in Vermont are largely amongst the unvaccinated (just like in NM) and that a number of other factors are in play as well.

This post was modified 9 months ago by Primordial
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 11:10 am
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

Hrmm... I don't see that link as having any correlation to what I asked.

In relation to the article you just posted, the words 'herd immunity' aren't written anywhere in it, so I'd love to have some clarity on where the idea that 'herd immunity means death' comes from?  All the article is saying is that the rise in cases in Vermont are largely amongst the unvaccinated (just like in NM) and that a number of other factors are in play as well.

You can't read??

"The state's early success during the pandemic has also turned out to be one of the factors in its downfall this year, Levine said. There were fewer Vermonters who got sick early in the pandemic, but this also meant that fewer residents were able to build up any level of immunity from having the virus. Studies estimate that 3% or less of Vermonters had any immunity to COVID-19 before the delta variant hit, Levine said."

That term death from herd immunity was coined right here on this very board!  https://www.thelairnm.com/community/byrds-board-22/mln-slams-brakes-on-lobo-football/paged/2/#post-1104478

Posted by: @unm-class-of-1972
Posted by: @comeonnow

A big problem with all this is that no one in government or the media has used a normalized metric to provide a clear trend. That metric would be #deaths/#cases. Such a metric, tracked daily, would be a clear indication of trend. We learn nothing from a daily smattering of #cases in isolation, nor do we learn anything from #deaths. For example, if there's 1000 new cases, (whatever that is, i.e., many of those a positive test w/o symptoms), and 20 new deaths, that metric is 20/1000 or 0.02. Say over the next several data points in a series is - 25/1100, 26/1500, 15/1600, 8/1450, and 17/3500, the resulting ratios are 0.022, 0.017, 0.009, 0.0055, and 0.0048. That data series shows that the death rate is in decline and the recovery rate is increasing. If this metric is being used, it's not being used consistently. And because of that, we have politicians and the media selectively using isolated raw numbers to paint a deceptive narrative. With increased testing, there SHOULD BE more "cases". The only way, however, to discern a trend is to apply the correct ratios. I know people can search for NM data via some.gov, or CDC, or John's Hopkins, but people are too busy or too lazy to make a daily habit to really understand what's going on. This makes for the easy trafficking of disconnected data that for political purposes is used to scare people. Thats disingenuous and gets people unnecessarily excited. It's aggrevating because it doesn't have to be this way. And it steers the dialog into "well my data says this", "no, you're wrong, my data says this!". The bottom line is, a growing number of cases in and of itself is worthless. It's like evaluating a stock with only a price and no earnings. You have to have both, a P/E Ratio to know if it's over or undervalued realtive to the market. 

I look at number of deaths per day and the number of Intensive care beds available. Hospitals are filling up. Herd immunity will not happen without millions of deaths. The Quest for Herd Immunity=The Genocide of the Elderly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2021 11:45 am
Servehim liked
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Lobo

What have scientists needed to figure out?  This guy pretty much laid out in the entire roadmap for Covid in Mar 2020...Mar 2020!

https://www.aier.org/article/why-this-draconian-response-to-covid-19/

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2021 4:35 pm
Share: