Forum

Non mask wearing id...

Notifications
Clear all

Non mask wearing idiots

Page 1 / 3
GoLobos
(@golobos)

The hospitals in New Mexico are at a breaking point. My wife has worked 10 straight 14 hour days. The hospital she works at is once again running out of PPE. She, I, and the rest of my immediate family have all already had COVID and she has concerns about the possibility of getting it again. She didn’t handle it will last time. My middle son is still experiencing respiratory issues 4 months later.  

You non mask wearing ass clowns should stop spouting about mask politics, personal rights, and actually give a crap about your community. You are all putting my family and many others at risk. This isn’t a hoax. This isn’t being blown out of proportion. Both parties have used it political gain and it’s gross. People are dying. Start caring.

Americans have become the most individualistic society on the planet. We all need to get ours at whatever the expense. It’s disgusting. This country isn’t #1 in anything other than COVID cases.

Topic starter Posted : December 4, 2020 7:22 pm
Remus Lupin, Farside-Lobo, Doublealum and 4 people liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

As someone with multiple medical family members, thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 12:19 am
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Yes I fully agree and these people are putting themselves,their family and  whole family chains  at risk. Somehow they believe that they have a "constitutional' fight to endanger themselves and others, It is a public health emergency not a political fight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 6:56 am
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Hell the drumpf clowns have a cure all,so why worry? Frickin clowns

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 9:59 am
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

My great nephew's fiancee in Florida just quit her job as ICU nurse. They are getting married next week and all of the stress is getting to her.    She is young and only graduated a year ago. Now she wants to be nurse at a plastic surgeon's office. What a waste of talent. If those damn Floridians had a decent governor things wouldn't be so screwed up there. Hopefully she will continue to help sick people in the future and not assist in damn face lifts. Actually Trump looks like he could use a face list. Maybe she could help improve his ugly mug. 

I also found out two people i know from Wyoming tested positively to covid. So if the Lobos beat the Cowboys tonight they will probably be too sick to notice or care.

I know it is overblown and we will all be going to church on Easter 2020. It will just magically disappear by May 2020. It is a hoax. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 1:12 pm
Digital Lobo
(@digital-lobo)
Alpha Lobo

Hang in there GoLobos.  Help is on the way... @Lobo_for_life is circulating a petition in an attempt to have our governor impeached.  🙄

In all seriousness God bless your poor wife and all of our courageous health care providers.  Somehow I doubt that whether the Lobos play hoops in the coming weeks is high on their current list of things to be concerned with.

It never should have gotten this bad, but it is and it will continue to get worse, but we all need to mask up and stay masked up until a lot of people receive their covid shots and this virus is reduced to a manageable state.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 4:15 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @golobos

The hospitals in New Mexico are at a breaking point. My wife has worked 10 straight 14 hour days. The hospital she works at is once again running out of PPE. She, I, and the rest of my immediate family have all already had COVID and she has concerns about the possibility of getting it again. She didn’t handle it will last time. My middle son is still experiencing respiratory issues 4 months later.  

You non mask wearing ass clowns should stop spouting about mask politics, personal rights, and actually give a crap about your community. You are all putting my family and many others at risk. This isn’t a hoax. This isn’t being blown out of proportion. Both parties have used it political gain and it’s gross. People are dying. Start caring.

Americans have become the most individualistic society on the planet. We all need to get ours at whatever the expense. It’s disgusting. This country isn’t #1 in anything other than COVID cases.

A classic 'tragedy of the commons' problem.  People will act in their own (perceived or real) best interest at the expense of broader society.  This is one of the reasons that communism is really unworkable in most settings.  Unfortunately, the 'down side' of wearing masks and social distancing are fairly small for most...yet they still choose to 'die on that hill' in defense of individual rights. 

I do agree that under the current situation its the healthcare workers that are most at disadvantage.  That and older folks living in assisted care facilities that really have no control over being exposed by staff/visitors that may enter the facility and bring along the virus. 

Once vaccines are widely available the people that choose not to partake (if they have no legit medical reasons) should not be treated the same IF they do end up contracting the virus.  Exposing healthcare workers (and by proxy their families) to sick individuals that did not do all they could (i.e., vaccinate) to avoid the problem is NOT acceptable.  I am totally good with society applying pressures to these people if they don't vaccinate....If I'm the airlines I REQURE vaccination records (once broadly available)....and many other aspects of society as well. Sorry folks, you can make your decisions to forego vaccination...but we (broadly speaking) as public and private industry, can preclude you from participating if you are not doing it in good faith. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 5:31 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

Mmm, I have a friend that has been sick now for 5 weeks with a non Covid respiratory virus.  This person is diligent about wearing masks, wiping everything w/bleachy wipes and they still got sick with something supposedly far less contagious than Covid.  

What I've never heard from people like you is how many people took all the precautions you are talking about and still got sick.  Probably most.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 6:15 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo
Posted by: @maxlobo

Once vaccines are widely available the people that choose not to partake (if they have no legit medical reasons) should not be treated the same IF they do end up contracting the virus.  Exposing healthcare workers (and by proxy their families) to sick individuals that did not do all they could (i.e., vaccinate) to avoid the problem is NOT acceptable.  I am totally good with society applying pressures to these people if they don't vaccinate....If I'm the airlines I REQURE vaccination records (once broadly available)....and many other aspects of society as well. Sorry folks, you can make your decisions to forego vaccination...but we (broadly speaking) as public and private industry, can preclude you from participating if you are not doing it in good faith. 

If Kamala is not taking the vaccine, I'm not. https://www.iwf.org/2020/10/08/kamala-harris-makes-history-as-the-first-anti-vaccine-nominee/

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 6:21 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

That seems a very odd way to decide if it is right for you, no?

Especially since you do not know the rest of her medical history.

Shouldn't you make that decision based upon your health, your risk tolerance, etc.?

...Or is this some ill constructed dumb political statement?  Haven't we had a large fraction of 300,000 Americans die because political nuts have politicized what should be a straight health science issue?  But no, we have become incapable of keeping ANYTHING out of the political muck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 6:40 pm
GoLobos liked
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

`Hmm maybe the people not taking the vaccination will be part of the natural selection process ? I am due to be in Phase One of the vaccination process and i will be first in line if they let me. I would like to live for a while and not die on my stomach trying to breathe. It is a horrible way to die with no one allowed to be with you. It will be an individual choice

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 6:44 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo
Posted by: @unm-class-of-1972

My great nephew's fiancee in Florida just quit her job as ICU nurse. They are getting married next week and all of the stress is getting to her.    She is young and only graduated a year ago. Now she wants to be nurse at a plastic surgeon's office. What a waste of talent. If those damn Floridians had a decent governor things wouldn't be so screwed up there. Hopefully she will continue to help sick people in the future and not assist in damn face lifts. Actually Trump looks like he could use a face list. Maybe she could help improve his ugly mug. 

I also found out two people i know from Wyoming tested positively to covid. So if the Lobos beat the Cowboys tonight they will probably be too sick to notice or care.

I know it is overblown and we will all be going to church on Easter 2020. It will just magically disappear by May 2020. It is a hoax. 

Too bad.  I have a friend who is a doctor that pre pandemic used to complain they went into medicine to 'help people' not sit in an office doing paperwork all day.  Well now they are getting their chance to help people and folks are crying about that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 7:10 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobo2x53

Shouldn't you make that decision based upon your health, your risk tolerance, etc.?

...Or is this some ill constructed dumb political statement?  Haven't we had a large fraction of 300,000 Americans die because political nuts have politicized what should be a straight health science issue?  But no, we have become incapable of keeping ANYTHING out of the political muck.

No 300k people have died from the latest in a endless string of respiratory viruses mankind has never been able to control. And after Covid there will be another, then another....

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 7:13 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @darkside

If Kamala is not taking the vaccine, I'm not. https://www.iwf.org/2020/10/08/kamala-harris-makes-history-as-the-first-anti-vaccine-nominee/

And it was obvious her point was anti Trump (and not trusting Trump...a logical rationale given the fact he's a chronic liar) and not anti vaccine in general.  So you made your cute little rhetorical point, but will you REALLY avoid the vaccine?  If you do, then I hope you are banned from anything that puts the rest of the general public (and specifically 'at risk' people) in danger.   (psst, my kids also look for any reason possible to avoid a shot....so I understand your real motivation).  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 8:32 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: @unm-class-of-1972

Too bad.  I have a friend who is a doctor that pre pandemic used to complain they went into medicine to 'help people' not sit in an office doing paperwork all day.  Well now they are getting their chance to help people and folks are crying about that.

As long as I have seen you post on here you continually twist and contort posts to make them as negative as you can.

No, curmudgeon, they are NOT complaining about getting the chance to help people--they are complaining about 6 & 7 day weeks, 14 to 18 hours a day form months on end--in an environment where they do not have the equipment they need to stay safe themselves, they do not have the test reagents to properly diagnose, and where politics comes before treatment in too many cases.

I am sorry that you find that reality an inconvenience to your desire to play the grumpy old man on here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 9:37 pm
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Here is the disconsolate non face wearing mask loser and idiot No one can save him He is now on his own

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 9:41 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

No 300k people have died from the latest in a endless string of respiratory viruses mankind has never been able to control. And after Covid there will be another, then another....

However in your typical fashion you conveniently ignore a few pertinent points.

300,000 or so deaths is far beyond the number of fatalities most those respiratory viruses cause.

And in this case many could have been avoided (and the economy not damaged as badly) if people took reasonable precautions.  Unfortunately we have a "leader" who refused to lead responsibly, some preachers who seemed to worship the size of the weekly collection over keeping their flocks safe, and far too many brainless lemmings who took the word of a buffoon over the health community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 9:42 pm
GoLobos liked
GoLobos
(@golobos)

Typical lack of empathy for those impacted. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 5, 2020 9:57 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

300,000 or so deaths is far beyond the number of fatalities most those respiratory viruses cause.

How in the hell do you know?  This virus by definition is 'novel' so maybe 300k is not out of line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 10:13 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

And it was obvious her point was anti Trump (and not trusting Trump...a logical rationale given the fact he's a chronic liar) and not anti vaccine in general.  So you made your cute little rhetorical point, but will you REALLY avoid the vaccine?  If you do, then I hope you are banned from anything that puts the rest of the general public (and specifically 'at risk' people) in danger.   (psst, my kids also look for any reason possible to avoid a shot....so I understand your real motivation).  

Yes, I'd rather take my chances with Covid than an unproven vaccine with zilch long term studies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2020 10:14 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

Yes, I'd rather take my chances with Covid than an unproven vaccine with zilch long term studies.

yep, you of course have that right.  And society has the right to keep you away from others in some situations if you act entirely self-interestedly (even if for naive reasons). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 12:18 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

yep, you of course have that right.  And society has the right to keep you away from others in some situations if you act entirely self-interestedly (even if for naive reasons). 

Then a lot of folks are going to be kept 'away from others in some situations if you act entirely self-interestedly' because I've spoken to more people than aren't getting the vaccine than are.  Only 45-50% get the flu vaccine and I'm not expecting that percentage to be significantly higher.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 7:47 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

Then a lot of folks are going to be kept 'away from others in some situations if you act entirely self-interestedly' because I've spoken to more people than aren't getting the vaccine than are.

Good.  Forfeit rights that others have....flying, Attending sporting events, movies, school settings perhaps....and, as I would propose, forfeit certain rights to healthcare when they do contract the virus......putting the front line healthcare workers (and their families) At unnecessary risk just because they are afraid of shots.  Sure, healthcare workers signed up for their jobs.....they didn’t sign up to accept unnecessary risk from a group of statistically illiterate (self interested) people that are afraid to get a couple shots.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 8:23 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Then a lot of folks are going to be kept 'away from others in some situations if you act entirely self-interestedly' because I've spoken to more people than aren't getting the vaccine than are.  Only 45-50% get the flu vaccine and I'm not expecting that percentage to be significantly higher.

The anti-virus crew’s proliferation shows just how weak the US education system has become. The levels of ignorance, fear and fantastical thinking have become staggering.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 8:24 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

The anti-virus crew’s proliferation shows just how weak the US education system has become. The levels of ignorance, fear and fantastical thinking have become staggering.

Did I say I was anti vaccine?  I get the flu shot every year.  Even though it is basically useless, at least there is 80 years of data behind it, it wasn't rushed thru in a few months so Trump could win reelection.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 8:30 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

Did I say I was anti vaccine?  I get the flu shot every year.  Even though it is basically useless, at least there is 80 years of data behind it, it wasn't rushed thru in a few months so Trump could win reelection.

So did England rush it through (already approved one of them) for Trump?  Will the WHO’s pending approvals be because of Trump?  Is it too difficult to evaluate actual statistical evidence from the trials.....where incredibly large sample groups are used to ensure a very high level of statistical power (?)  Is Fauci (Obama, Bush and Clinton) going to take it because of Trump?    Recalibrate you’re reasoning abilities.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 8:56 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

So did England rush it through (already approved one of them) for Trump?  Will the WHO’s pending approvals be because of Trump?  Is it too difficult to evaluate actual statistical evidence from the trials.....where incredibly large sample groups are used to ensure a very high level of statistical power (?)  Is Fauci (Obama, Bush and Clinton) going to take it because of Trump?    Recalibrate you’re reasoning abilities.

Can't speak for England but do you really believe Fauci, Obama, Bush and Clinton are going to get it?  Maybe they are and good for them if they do.  Hope they don't have any long term effects.  But for all I know they are getting an ejection of saline.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:04 am
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

Mmm, I have a friend that has been sick now for 5 weeks with a non Covid respiratory virus.  This person is diligent about wearing masks, wiping everything w/bleachy wipes and they still got sick with something supposedly far less contagious than Covid.  

What I've never heard from people like you is how many people took all the precautions you are talking about and still got sick.  Probably most.

Hard to tell exact data like that, but again to blow past two very pertinent points because they don't fit you end game.

1.  Almost all the mass spreading situations revolve around idiot groups (family gatherings, big weddings, church services, rallies, etc).

2.  The things you talk about are things a person does to try and protect themselves from a contaminated environment.  But masks & vaccines also reduce the amount of contaminated environment, thus protecting others.

Yes, some people will get sick regardless.  Just not as many.  The fake argument "well, some people will get sick anyway so there's no sence doing anything" is one of the most unintelligent ones around.

Are you so strongly against immunizations for small pox, measles, polio, etc.?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:07 am
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

Can't speak for England but do you really believe Fauci, Obama, Bush and Clinton are going to get it?  Maybe they are and good for them if they do.  Hope they don't have any long term effects.  But for all I know they are getting an ejection of saline.  

So do you believe the earth is flat? Why not? I really doubt you have gone far enough in any one direction  to come back around.  For all you know the entire world (or 98% of it) as been lying about it in a big conspiracy for a couple thousand years or more.

If your real argument is you want to wait a while because new drugs/vaccines/treatments can have unintended consequences long term, that I can understand.  But your argument sound more political than that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:14 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

1.  Almost all the mass spreading situations revolve around idiot groups (family gatherings, big weddings, church services, rallies, etc).

Are you so strongly against immunizations for small pox, measles, polio, etc.?

Apples and oranges.  I have had all those immunizations because by the time I got them, there was decades of history to go on.   As far as mass spreading, most of churches I see aren't even open. As far as the rest, that is what happens when you close public venues where you have some control over mask usage, etc and think people aren't still gonna engage in those activities in private where there is zero controls, especially after nine months. BTW, those companies that are still putting on weddings, etc. it is probably a choice of putting on that wedding or going out of business.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:23 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: