Page 2 / 3
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo
Posted by: @lobo2x53
Posted by: @darkside
Posted by: @maxlobo

Did I say I was anti vaccine?  I get the flu shot every year.  Even though it is basically useless, at least there is 80 years of data behind it, it wasn't rushed thru in a few months so Trump could win reelection.

So did England rush it through (already approved one of them) for Trump?  Will the WHO’s pending approvals be because of Trump?  Is it too difficult to evaluate actual statistical evidence from the trials.....where incredibly large sample groups are used to ensure a very high level of statistical power (?)  Is Fauci (Obama, Bush and Clinton) going to take it because of Trump?    Recalibrate you’re reasoning abilities.

Can't speak for England but do you really believe Fauci, Obama, Bush and Clinton are going to get it?  Maybe they are and good for them if they do.  Hope they don't have any long term effects.  But for all I know they are getting an ejection of saline.  

So do you believe the earth is flat? Why not? I really doubt you have gone far enough in any one direction  to come back around.  For all you know the entire world (or 98% of it) as been lying about it in a big conspiracy for a couple thousand years or more.

If your real argument is you want to wait a while because new drugs/vaccines/treatments can have unintended consequences long term, that I can understand.  But your argument sound more political than that.

Thanks for making my point.  I don't believe the Earth is flat, but in 1492, I wasn't gonna be the first one on the boat with Columbus either!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:25 am
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin

That seems a very odd way to decide if it is right for you, no?

Especially since you do not know the rest of her medical history.

Shouldn't you make that decision based upon your health, your risk tolerance, etc.?

...Or is this some ill constructed dumb political statement?  Haven't we had a large fraction of 300,000 Americans die because political nuts have politicized what should be a straight health science issue?  But no, we have become incapable of keeping ANYTHING out of the political muck.

No 300k people have died from the latest in a endless string of respiratory viruses mankind has never been able to control. And after Covid there will be another, then another....

300,000 or so deaths is far beyond the number of fatalities most those respiratory viruses cause.

How in the hell do you know?  This virus by definition is 'novel' so maybe 300k is not out of line.

It is out of line with the "other" historical respiratory viruses you referred to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:37 am
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Jim Carrey: Artist Statement | Phi Centre

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:40 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

Shouldn't you make that decision based upon your health, your risk tolerance, etc.?

...Or is this some ill constructed dumb political statement?  Haven't we had a large fraction of 300,000 Americans die because political nuts have politicized what should be a straight health science issue?  But no, we have become incapable of keeping ANYTHING out of the political muck.

No 300k people have died from the latest in a endless string of respiratory viruses mankind has never been able to control. And after Covid there will be another, then another....

300,000 or so deaths is far beyond the number of fatalities most those respiratory viruses cause.

How in the hell do you know?  This virus by definition is 'novel' so maybe 300k is not out of line.

It is out of line with the "other" historical respiratory viruses you referred to.

Every virus is different. You can't assume that because virus A did this, virus B is gonna be the same.  As we have seen Covid behaves pretty much the exact opposite of the 2008 outbreak which attacked children but pretty much left the elderly alone. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 9:50 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

Did I say I was anti vaccine?  I get the flu shot every year.  Even though it is basically useless, at least there is 80 years of data behind it, it wasn't rushed thru in a few months so Trump could win reelection.

So did England rush it through (already approved one of them) for Trump?  Will the WHO’s pending approvals be because of Trump?  Is it too difficult to evaluate actual statistical evidence from the trials.....where incredibly large sample groups are used to ensure a very high level of statistical power (?)  Is Fauci (Obama, Bush and Clinton) going to take it because of Trump?    Recalibrate you’re reasoning abilities.

Can't speak for England but do you really believe Fauci, Obama, Bush and Clinton are going to get it?  Maybe they are and good for them if they do.  Hope they don't have any long term effects.  But for all I know they are getting an ejection of saline.  

OK, so the level of your argument is that these four people are lying that they will get the vaccine?  This is the logical end game for the vast diminishment of critical thought in the country.   If facts reject the argument you 'hope' is true then you simply deny the facts.   This is why we should really fear for the country.   This is type of discourse that Trump has pushed.....facts and reason play no part anymore.  Sad.

By your own rationale, why do you think so many people will NOT get the vaccine....they are just lying to you perhaps.  No, you believe the uneducated legions but not three prevous presidents.   Your capacity for irrationality to make a silly argument is astonishing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 11:28 am
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

OK, so the level of your argument is that these four people are lying that they will get the vaccine?  This is the logical end game for the vast diminishment of critical thought in the country.   If facts reject the argument you 'hope' is true then you simply deny the facts.   This is why we should really fear for the country.   This is type of discourse that Trump has pushed.....facts and reason play no part anymore.  Sad.

By your own rationale, why do you think so many people will NOT get the vaccine....they are just lying to you perhaps.  No, you believe the uneducated legions but not three prevous presidents.   Your capacity for irrationality to make a silly argument is astonishing. 

Have you seen the vaccine polls done?  Granted we all know polls are crap, but the ones I have seen have are about 60/40 for/against or vice versa depending on the poll.  

But we are getting away from my original point which was the fake news will find one person that admits they didn't take Covid seriously and got sick and they will blow it out of proportion.  But they never tell you about the ten thousand or hundred thousand that took Covid 'seriously' and still got sick because it doesn't fit their agenda.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 1:27 pm
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Well i for one personally an going to get the vaccination. The threat on our health and life is real. I am a mental health provider and I  am at risk . I am tired of living a half life which is causing people  grief,a more sedentary life style and a pervasive fear of becoming infected .I and my family want to live a normal life. A"herd immunity" will not happen without vaccinations. The alternative of allowing people to become infected will only cause more suffering ,deaths,and the long term effects on the survivors has proven to be severe. The only real alternative is to trust our scientists to advise us and plan our individual actions accordingly.

Do not underestimate the power of the Force 😍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 1:59 pm
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Artist : Jim Carrey | Daily Art Fair

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 2:09 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

But we are getting away from my original point which was the fake news will find one person that admits they didn't take Covid seriously and got sick and they will blow it out of proportion.  But they never tell you about the ten thousand or hundred thousand that took Covid 'seriously' and still got sick because it doesn't fit their agenda.  

No, your 'point' that I was arguing was your resistance to taking a vaccination and then using the Trumpian argument that the three President's and Fauci were lying and would not take the vaccine.  Your either arguing in bad faith or you have massive difficulty understanding was is likely 'true' in this world.  Since you use the term 'fake news' as a means of framing an argument, I imagine its the latter (another Trumpian way to wiggle out of any argument...simply deny reality). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 3:09 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

No, your 'point' that I was arguing was your resistance to taking a vaccination and then using the Trumpian argument that the three President's and Fauci were lying and would not take the vaccine.  Your either arguing in bad faith or you have massive difficulty understanding was is likely 'true' in this world.  Since you use the term 'fake news' as a means of framing an argument, I imagine its the latter (another Trumpian way to wiggle out of any argument...simply deny reality). 

Whatever,  I really don't give a rat's ass who is getting it and who isn't.  It has zero impact on my decision.  I am far too old for idol worship.

I'm not getting the vaccine.  If you want to, be my guest.  

BTW, another poll.  I guess all these folks are also oblivious to facts and logic.  https://www.newsweek.com/55-percent-nyc-firefighters-say-they-wont-take-covid-vaccine-city-continues-see-case-surge-1552664

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 5:00 pm
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

Natural Selection at play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 5:04 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

Whatever,  I really don't give a rat's ass who is getting it and who isn't.  It has zero impact on my decision.  I am far too old for idol worship.

I'm not getting the vaccine.  If you want to, be my guest.  

BTW, another poll.  I guess all these folks are also oblivious to facts and logic.  https://www.newsweek.com/55-percent-nyc-firefighters-say-they-wont-take-covid-vaccine-city-continues-see-case-surge-1552664

Very impressive.  A highly educated cohort...the NYCFD, with rising cases in their ranks, will resist the vaccine on about a 50% clip.  Now I understand the wisdom that informs your intellect and outlook.   My guess is that it might not be easy going for those FD workers that decide not to take the vaccine....insofar as their ability to stay on the job.  We'll see how much power the union wields.....perhaps they'll get away with it. 

Again, I support people's decision not to take it....but I also support 'society's' option of not allowing you 'self interested' folks to not partake in many privileges/functions that other 'team players' get to enjoy.  Its a miracle we have, historically, been able to cobble together entire (literal) armies of people willing to sacrifice their own interests for the betterment of the 'whole'.  So much for the greatest generation....now its all about 'me'. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by MaxLobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 5:37 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

I guess France lacks 'critical thought' as well... https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20201204-french-opposition-to-covid-19-vaccine-grows-as-government-announces-campaign-health-medicine-emmanuel-macron-conspiracy

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2020 4:19 pm
WildIndian5
(@wildindian5)
Lobo

There are  idiots throughout the World. However the vast majority will end up taking the vaccinations. As the vaccinations succeed and people start realizing the benefit they do will come around.It will become a matter of natural selection . I hope that airlines and other services require people to show proof of vaccinations before they can avail them selves of services. Whether that is constitutional or not is another story.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2020 5:15 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

I guess France lacks 'critical thought' as well... https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20201204-french-opposition-to-covid-19-vaccine-grows-as-government-announces-campaign-health-medicine-emmanuel-macron-conspiracy

Uh yeah, I agree RE France.....no surprise there, IMO.  

im curious what your safety threshold is....you said you take flu shots....what is your statistical threshold for a ‘safe’ vaccination?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2020 5:58 pm
Farside-Lobo
(@farside-lobo)
Lobo
Posted by: @wildindian5

Natural Selection at play.

Future Darwin award winners.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2021 11:13 am
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Alpha Lobo Lobo level

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1346618207948468232

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2021 3:26 pm
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

Mmmm...

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2021 10:28 am
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo
Posted by: @golobos

The hospitals in New Mexico are at a breaking point. My wife has worked 10 straight 14 hour days. The hospital she works at is once again running out of PPE. She, I, and the rest of my immediate family have all already had COVID and she has concerns about the possibility of getting it again. She didn’t handle it will last time. My middle son is still experiencing respiratory issues 4 months later.  

You non mask wearing ass clowns should stop spouting about mask politics, personal rights, and actually give a crap about your community. You are all putting my family and many others at risk. This isn’t a hoax. This isn’t being blown out of proportion. Both parties have used it political gain and it’s gross. People are dying. Start caring.

Americans have become the most individualistic society on the planet. We all need to get ours at whatever the expense. It’s disgusting. This country isn’t #1 in anything other than COVID cases.

I guess Biden is one of those 'non mask wearing ass clowns' https://news.yahoo.com/video-biden-walking-ritzy-dc-183400056.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2021 9:12 am
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo
Posted by: @golobos

The hospitals in New Mexico are at a breaking point. My wife has worked 10 straight 14 hour days. The hospital she works at is once again running out of PPE. She, I, and the rest of my immediate family have all already had COVID and she has concerns about the possibility of getting it again. She didn’t handle it will last time. My middle son is still experiencing respiratory issues 4 months later.  

You non mask wearing ass clowns should stop spouting about mask politics, personal rights, and actually give a crap about your community. You are all putting my family and many others at risk. This isn’t a hoax. This isn’t being blown out of proportion. Both parties have used it political gain and it’s gross. People are dying. Start caring.

Americans have become the most individualistic society on the planet. We all need to get ours at whatever the expense. It’s disgusting. This country isn’t #1 in anything other than COVID cases.

Mmm, I have a friend that has been sick now for 5 weeks with a non Covid respiratory virus.  This person is diligent about wearing masks, wiping everything w/bleachy wipes and they still got sick with something supposedly far less contagious than Covid.  

What I've never heard from people like you is how many people took all the precautions you are talking about and still got sick.  Probably most.

Are you so strongly against immunizations for small pox, measles, polio, etc.?

Apples and oranges.  Let's go back to Biology 101, vaccines work because: the target impacts humans only meaning there are no animal reservoirs and/or the target doesn't mutate or mutates slowly.  Neither one of those conditions exist with respiratory viruses which mutate very quickly.  That's why even with 80 years of flu shots, which are updated every year to try to stay ahead of the virus, flu is still around.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2021 8:42 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

A very good editorial in the Journal today about UNM not enforcing mask mandate and why UNM should require vaccination proof to go to Lobo basketball games. I have only attended the Montana State game this year. I was so disgusted i vowed I would not come back until the daily infection rate and hospitalization numbers are greatly reduced. That makes for a very expensive ticket so far since I have season tickets. I may not renew next year. Two seasons of buying season tickets (or contributing my fee) and seeing just one game is a waste of my money. I love the Lobos but after 50 years since I graduated from UNM maybe it is time to watch from home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2021 9:16 am
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

$14 gets you a large popcorn and a souvenir soda that'll last the entire game...that does not include the requested minimum tip of 15%...I'd bet UNM's concession business is up...they could halt all concession sales including beer to satisfy the worriers (those that wear their masks at home and in their car)...I do see some enforcement in the less attended games but too difficult on the better attended games...proof of vaccination would be a nightmare to enforce and unreliable at best...as for me, I am fully vaccinated and eating my popcorn and drinking my souvenir soda (x's four seats adds about $1000 to my season experience)...when does the MLG's mandate expire and will UNM follow?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2021 10:44 am
Tomocolo
(@tomocolo)
Pup

i find that people that dont wear masks and dont get vaccinated are the same sort of idiot. they think that THEY wont get covid, and not that it is to help save other peoples lives if you already HAVE IT.

This inability to grasp that you could have it without knowing and spread it to more vulnerable people is understood in most other countries. not a hard thing to understand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2021 8:30 am
Pinon Nut liked
Remus Lupin
(@remus-lupin)
Lobo Lobo level

I attended the NMSU game in LC this year.  Once the crowd settled in, I'd say 4 out of 5 (maybe more) dropped their masks.  On the other hand, I attended an event at Popejoy recently.  Vaccine cards were checked, masks were required, and the audience kept their masks on. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2021 9:29 am
Pinon Nut liked
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Lobo
Posted by: @remus-lupin

I attended the NMSU game in LC this year.  Once the crowd settled in, I'd say 4 out of 5 (maybe more) dropped their masks.  On the other hand, I attended an event at Popejoy recently.  Vaccine cards were checked, masks were required, and the audience kept their masks on. 

Is this really surprising?  The whole point of going to a game is to get loud and support the home team.  Remember the noise meter?  The loudest section gets free tacos or whatever.  At Popejoy if you say a word the folks behind you go shhhh...

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2021 10:24 am
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

Some of you still believe that masks and social distancing works???

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 7:11 am
Darkside liked
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @lucero

Some of you still believe that masks and social distancing works???

If they ever develop a vaccine to cure stupidity you should take it. Also take the booster since you need additional protection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 9:55 am
Lucero
(@lucero)
Lobo

@unm-class-of-1972 so what your saying is you know they never worked but are too prideful to admit it. 

got it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 11:58 am
Darkside liked
Darkside
(@darkside)
Lobo

So masks provide 20-30 minutes of protection and yet somehow that is gonna protect you from evil Covid at a Lobo Basketball game.

https://www.10news.com/news/coronavirus/do-masks-protect-against-new-covid-19-variants-like-omicron

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 1:04 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader
Posted by: @lucero

@unm-class-of-1972 so what your saying is you know they never worked but are too prideful to admit it. 

got it. 

Not saying that at all. Masks do help. I was talking entirely about the stupidity vaccine you need badly but has yet to be invented.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 4:36 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: