What did he say??  

Page 1 / 2
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

Gads! I really did not call you artful, Chairysliver.  I actually called you an asshole. Or maybe I called you fart full. You actually posted this crap. You are a loser.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2021 6:51 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

I'll take 4 years of Biden's gaffes and mistakes over a week's worth of the Trumpster's tweets any time...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 2, 2021 7:55 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

If you believe any political stuff in the Washington Examiner you are extreme gullible.

A hundred ridiculous Trump stories, their “science writer” lauded Trump on 14 cases to one and hyped chloroquine.

Its the Onion for morons.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2021 6:33 am
LOBO10-40
(@lobo10-40)
Pup
Posted by: @brooklyn_esq

If you believe any political stuff in the Washington Examiner you are extreme gullible.

A hundred ridiculous Trump stories, their “science writer” lauded Trump on 14 cases to one and hyped chloroquine.

Why do we have to believe what the Washington examiner states? All you have to do is google it and see for yourself. Biden, the racist, with a history of making racist statements, said exactly what the Washington examiner stated. To not believe it, makes you extremely gullibly or close minded to the truth.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2021 9:44 am
LOBO10-40
(@lobo10-40)
Pup
Posted by: @primordial

I'll take 4 years of Biden's gaffes and mistakes over a week's worth of the Trumpster's tweets any time..

Will you also take the higher prices of gas, the higher prices of lumber, homes, groceries, and most everything else? Will you take all the illegals crossing our wide open borders carrying COVID, will you take all the drugs that are pouring into our country and the border agents having their hands tied by the Biden administration? 

I would rather choose to ignore some tweets, that the media makes a big deal about, just to make you vote with emotions, instead of common sense. This is America where we used to have the right to state what we wanted to, and this included Trump.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2021 9:54 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: @lobo10-40

Why do we have to believe what the Washington examiner states? All you have to do is google it and see for yourself. Biden, the racist, with a history of making racist statements, said exactly what the Washington examiner stated. To not believe it, makes you extremely gullibly or close minded to the truth.  

Its Ok Trump will be reinstated in August all is  well. You will be rid of the racist Joe Biden. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2021 2:30 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

The real question is where is CBS, NBC and ABC with whoppers like this?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3017532/biden-bizarrely-january-2021-15-months-ago-gaffe/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 6, 2021 4:41 pm
LOBO10-40 liked
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level
Posted by: @ChairESilver

The real question is where is CBS, NBC and ABC with whoppers like this?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3017532/biden-bizarrely-january-2021-15-months-ago-gaffe/

Again, you consider that a whopper?!  I'll take his bumbling any day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 12:52 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

I'll take 4 years of Biden's gaffes and mistakes over a week's worth of the Trumpster's tweets any time..

Will you also take the higher prices of gas, the higher prices of lumber, homes, groceries, and most everything else? Will you take all the illegals crossing our wide open borders carrying COVID, will you take all the drugs that are pouring into our country and the border agents having their hands tied by the Biden administration? 

I would rather choose to ignore some tweets, that the media makes a big deal about, just to make you vote with emotions, instead of common sense. This is America where we used to have the right to state what we wanted to, and this included Trump.   

Lets see...

- Higher price of gas? Has little to do with who is president - and yes, I am willing to pay higher prices for gas regardless of the political leadership (if those higher costs were used to further more energy efficiency and reduce dependence on oil as a limited resource instead of padding the pockets of global energy giants)

- Higher prices of lumber, homes, groceries, and most everything else? Also has little to do with who is president - and I was paying more for 2x4s last June than I am now..., when Drumpf was our leader.   I'd prefer to buy materials made/produced/mined in the US rather than from other parts of the world, even if that means costs are higher.

- I suspect there have been more U.S. citizens with covid going to other countries than there were citizens from other countries with covid coming here.  I'd love to see some legit research on your source of information on this one... 😉  And as always with the immigration debate, if you want to get down and dirty about it - The vast majority of people/businesses who choose to employ and exploit undocumented immigrants (there is no such thing as an illegal human) in the U.S. are conservative/Republican.

Feel free to share factual information with us that counters my points if you care to take the time to do a bit of research...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 1:03 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

Lets see...

- Higher price of gas? Has little to do with who is president - and yes, I am willing to pay higher prices for gas regardless of the political leadership (if those higher costs were used to further more energy efficiency and reduce dependence on oil as a limited resource instead of padding the pockets of global energy giants)

Feel free to share factual information with us that counters my points if you care to take the time to do a bit of research...

Factual research, you mean like when high gas prices were the fault of Bush? And when they dropped BHO couldn't pat himself on the back enough.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/12/05/blame-bush-for-low-gas-prices

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by ChairESilver
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 6:00 pm
LOBO10-40 liked
LOBO10-40
(@lobo10-40)
Pup

@primordial

First of all it’s not my job to educate you. I can post a link and all you and the other libs will do is attack the source. 

This president and the great Obama did affect gas prices by placing too many regulations on energy companies. We were energy independent, until Biden reversed the pipeline and has cut off drilling in Alaska. I assume you all believe the same way that he does that there will be less pollution by buying oil from Russia, shipping it by rail, then by ship, again by rail, and then by truck. Also don’t forget Biden’s son is tied to oil in Russia, his daughter, son in law and brother are tied to Iran, so that explains a lot to me. You’re so focused on renewable energy. Look into Sylendra. See how that worked out for us. 

Sorry you get caught up on definitions as to what is illegal, but if you don’t come to this country the right way, you are here illegally. If you come here the right way and overstay your welcome, you are here illegally. I don’t care who is employing them, dems or repubs, they shouldn’t be here. We are having a crisis at the border, the VP is supposed to be in charge of it but she hasn’t done anything. And yes there are tons of ILLEGALS coming here with COVID, there is an 800% increase in sex offenders crossing our border, and people coming from known terrorist countries. 

lumber prices were not up, they have only gone up this year. So what is Biden’s plan? He wants to place terriffs on lumber. This will only make things worse. But go ahead and pay higher prices for everything. Life is good for you all without the big bad orange man. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 3:40 pm
loboman liked
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

We were energy independent, until Biden reversed the pipeline and has cut off drilling in Alaska.

Why do you think we are not 'energy independent'?  Our energy imports have fallen since ~ 2006, our exports have increased  monotonically since 2002 (until COVID, perhaps), our production increased (nearly monotonically) since ~ 2005 up through COVID. 

Most of this, of course, due to the huge increases in natural gas production, but some modest gains in renewables. 

Please explain? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 2:14 pm
LOBO10-40
(@lobo10-40)
Pup

@maxlobo

Because under Trump we were not importing oil when he left office and now we are. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 9:06 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

@lobo10-40

Ummm... We weren't importing oil because we weren't using any due to a global pandemic that shut down most of our demand...

(Edit - Max below is correct that while we were still importing oil, just on a smaller scale, I erred in my above off the cuff remark)

This post was modified 1 week ago by Primordial
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 9:24 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

@maxlobo

Because under Trump we were not importing oil when he left office and now we are. 

What is your source for this?  We were certainly importing crude oil under Trump (even increased a bit over the previous 4 years...up until COVID).   Here is what I see for US Imports of Crude Oil (billions of barrels):

2012 - 3.12 

2013 - 2.82

2014 - 2.68

2015 - 2.69

2016 - 2.87

2017 - 2.91

2018 - 2.84

2019 - 2.48

2020 - 2.15

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRIMUS1&f=A

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 7:50 am
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

@maxlobo

Agreed. We became a net exporter under Trump for the 1st time, since 1949, but we still imported tons of oil. We decreased imports from OPEC, but at the same time increased imports from Canada.

The increased oil produced in the US and Canada was due to fracking, so as we lower oil dependency we are also ruining our water supply. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 9:02 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Posted by: @hippyboi

@maxlobo

Agreed. We became a net exporter under Trump for the 1st time, since 1949, but we still imported tons of oil. We decreased imports from OPEC, but at the same time increased imports from Canada.

The increased oil produced in the US and Canada was due to fracking, so as we lower oil dependency we are also ruining our water supply. 

Guess I'm not sure what exactly is being discussed.  All through 2019 and 2020 we still were net importers of crude oil (> 2.7 M BPD).  Fracking is used primarily for natural gas production. We are only a net exporter in regards to 'total petroleum', which is largely impacted by petroleum products (unfinished oils, LNG, etc.), and that has been mainly impacted by natural gas output. But crude oil imports generally grew through the Trump years (up until COVID).   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 1:28 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

@maxlobo

https://www.cred.org/scientists-fracking-doesnt-harm-water/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 2:51 pm
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

@ChairESilver

Consider the source:

https://moneytrails.org/coloradans-for-responsible-energy-development/

Coloradans For Responsible Energy Development Is A Pro-Fracking Industry Front Group Funded By Anadarko Petroleum And Other Oil And Gas Companies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 4:22 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)

In general, I agree that the risks of fracking (except for possibly in a few rather unique geologic settings) are substantially exceeded by the benefits of more plentiful (affordable) and relatively clean energy source (for enhanced natural gas extraction), and the societal (and environmental) benefits of better economies.  I am an environmental engineer (with PhD) and that’s my professional judgement based on the literature of that subject.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 5:20 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

@maxlobo

I remember telling Obama that the microchip we put in your ass would make you even nuttier than you were before. Yep. I was right and Obama was wrong. The microchip I installed has fried your pea brain.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 5:44 pm
ChairESilver
(@ChairESilver)
Lobo

@ChairESilver

Consider the source:

Coloradans For Responsible Energy Development Is A Pro-Fracking Industry Front Group Funded By Anadarko Petroleum And Other Oil And Gas Companies.

And who is funding all the fracking scare? And if fracking is so bad, after almost 80 years of some sort of fracking, there should be contamination around every corner.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 5:45 pm
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Lobo

I am not sure about EVERY corner and I don't know where you live, but based on your post content I am afraid you've been drinking contaminated water for quite some time. I suggest a Hydroxychloroquine protocol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 9:11 am
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

Lets see...

Factual research, you mean like when high gas prices were the fault of Bush? And when they dropped BHO couldn't pat himself on the back enough.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/12/05/blame-bush-for-low-gas-prices

Not that the US News and World Report is exactly known for its stellar reporting or ability to do factual research, but I will agree with you in the sense that most of what we consider 'news outlets' tends to politicize issues like gas prices at the national level (meaning that any given president is deemed 'responsible' for them rising or falling by reporters a bit too lazy to do an in depth analysis and by readers unwilling to demand that analysis...).

The reality of course is that presidents can slightly influence their prices but it is a complex equation of location of supplies, discovering new oil fields, closing old ones, legacy costs, global demand, trade imbalances, diplomatic relations, environmental concerns and oh so much more.  For anyone (at any point of the political spectrum) to say that a single president is directly responsible for gas prices is ludicrous at best, and disturbingly naive in terms of your ability to critically analyze information.

Edited for spelling

Go Lobos!

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Primordial
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2021 1:50 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

@primordial

First of all it’s not my job to educate you. I can post a link and all you and the other libs will do is attack the source. 

This president and the great Obama did affect gas prices by placing too many regulations on energy companies. We were energy independent, until Biden reversed the pipeline and has cut off drilling in Alaska. I assume you all believe the same way that he does that there will be less pollution by buying oil from Russia, shipping it by rail, then by ship, again by rail, and then by truck. Also don’t forget Biden’s son is tied to oil in Russia, his daughter, son in law and brother are tied to Iran, so that explains a lot to me. You’re so focused on renewable energy. Look into Sylendra. See how that worked out for us. 

Sorry you get caught up on definitions as to what is illegal, but if you don’t come to this country the right way, you are here illegally. If you come here the right way and overstay your welcome, you are here illegally. I don’t care who is employing them, dems or repubs, they shouldn’t be here. We are having a crisis at the border, the VP is supposed to be in charge of it but she hasn’t done anything. And yes there are tons of ILLEGALS coming here with COVID, there is an 800% increase in sex offenders crossing our border, and people coming from known terrorist countries. 

lumber prices were not up, they have only gone up this year. So what is Biden’s plan? He wants to place terriffs on lumber. This will only make things worse. But go ahead and pay higher prices for everything. Life is good for you all without the big bad orange man. 

No it's not, I try to do a fair to middlin' job at educating myself.  And having done more than my share of opposition research on issues in the NM State Legislature when I used to write legislation, I am pretty good at understanding multiple positions on any issue.  You could post a link and given the information that is usually shared in public by conservatives, I probably WOULD attack the source as there is a pretty small percentage of accurate and useful research done in any field on any issue that actually supports most conservative stances on said issue.  But I can guarantee you that I could probably find more of it with a little work than the average conservative could...

And I am not a liberal - I respect well educated people who are passionate about politics and issues regardless of their stance (outside of Trump supporters, who are just flat out morons) and have a super hard time interacting with the disengaged, whether they are Democrats or Republicans.  I am so far to the left politically, every now and then I am right! 😉 

To get to the meat of your post - exactly which production and transportation regulations would you like removed to lower gas prices?  Educate me, as I don't see any that are particularly egregious...

And I DO agree with you that the fewer fossil fuels shipped around the world (regardless of who 'owns' them), the better.  Though I look at it more from an environmental and long term societal cost than most conservatives do (who tend to focus on how much it costs to fill their gas tank)

Yes, Solyndra (you spelled it wrong) was an F'd up deal... and I could probably come up with a dozen similar F'd up oil company deals as well - on both sides of the political spectrum.  Gotchya comments on singular issues are a waste of time to bring up if you want to have an intelligent conversation with people...

On the question of the use of the term 'Illegals' - words mean things, and until you can get a grasp of what the word 'illegal', 'alien', 'immigrant', 'refugee', 'human being', 'nationalism' and others means in the english language, I can't engage with you on this.  And yes, you really do need to educate yourself on the issue a little more (wink)

Last - I guess you didn't have to buy any building materials during the summer/fall/winter of 2020? - I am a licensed contractor, I can guarantee you they were...  BEFORE Biden became president.  And you are right, tariffs (you spelled this wrong as well) are usually not the right solution, but neither is clear cutting old growth forests (anywhere in the world) or allowing the lowest price lumber into the US from places with no environmental or human rights protections in place.

So @lobo10-40, it is not your job to educate me, but I hope to have inspired you to educate yourself... 😉 

Go Lobos!

This post was modified 1 week ago by Primordial
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2021 2:19 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

@maxlobo

Com'on Chair...  You have to be smarter than that! 🤣 😉 

Find us a REAL scientific study (that ISN'T funded by the petroleum industry and chaired by right-wingers) that supports any of their claims...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2021 2:26 pm
Primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo Lobo level

@ChairESilver

Consider the source:

And who is funding all the fracking scare? And if fracking is so bad, after almost 80 years of some sort of fracking, there should be contamination around every corner.

I'll help you out here... For the most part (with a few exceptions), the real research into the effects of fracking are funded by our own federal, state and local governments (through grants to universities, governmental agencies and research organizations.  They (for the most part) employ scientific research methods that take into account a number of different factors before they come to conclusions on what the effects of fracking are.

Tell ya what... You go to any location that has been fracked and that has a water well drilled into the same geological strata and just start drinking.  Or go to many of the communities around the country that have earthquakes regularly now since fracking began in their area.  And more importantly, even if there were no immediate effects at the location of a fracking site - what do you think the odds are that there will be a positive outcome 10, 20, 100, 1000 years down the road from fracking?

If you would like, I can PM you some links to books on how scientists develop research methodologies to ensure their results are as accurate as possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2021 2:38 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: