Forum

6-8 240 Josiah Alic...

Notifications
Clear all

6-8 240 Josiah Alick

BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

6-8 240 Josiah Alick, transfer out of UMKC of the Summit League, has Oklahoma, BYU, Clemson, and New Mexico on his list. Upto three hours ago, “The Portal Report” reported he would visit Clemson and New Mexico before making his choice. 

Alick would be a COVID Junior coming in with two years to play. He was injured as a Junior, but still averaged 12.9pts, 6rbs. Averaged 15pts, 6rbs as a Soph for KC.

Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 11:46 am
MilitaryLobo, Primordial, txlobo95 and 9 people reacted
bdubnm
(@bdubnm-loboforlife10)
Famed Member

In for a visit on Thursday and Friday.

I didn't know anyone still used this side of the board...haha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 11:48 am
Primordial, BrutusXXX, Primordial and 5 people reacted
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

Thought it was time to see something new on that side of the board. Hopefully, he will experience some beautiful weather. Looks like another physical player that could really solidify Lobo’s frontcourt. It would be another solid recruiting victory for Pitino and staff if they get his commitment. BYU and Oklahoma want him bad.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 11:58 am
MilitaryLobo, Primordial, MilitaryLobo and 5 people reacted
Kedge
(@kedge)
Trusted Member

The last transfer we got out of UMKC did pretty well. 

Remember who? 

I won't leave you in suspense: Courtney Frerichs transferred from UMKC to UNM, won the NCAA 3000 meter steeplechase, went on to get the silver at the 2021 Summer Olympics, and set the American Record. 

Urlacher, Cooper, Holly Holm, Adolf Plummer, & Frerichs - Lobo greats.

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Kedge
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 12:00 pm
loboray, loboray, loboray and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

He'd be a great stretch 4 for us. He can shoot, drive and post up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 12:08 pm
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

Allick, Perhaps a moderator can correct the spelling of his name? It’s Allick!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 12:12 pm
LaVidaLobo
(@lavidalobo)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @lobomike

He'd be a great stretch 4 for us. He can shoot, drive and post up.

He also looks like he has excellent footwork and can finish strong with either hand. He sure would look good in a Lobo uni. Hope it happens. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 1:20 pm
MilitaryLobo, txlobo95, LoboMike and 13 people reacted
BobOso
(@boboso)
Illustrious Member

Wow, the Lobo's can really play fast with him in the lineup. 

Imagine:  Mash/Dent, House/KJ, JJ/Webb/Kauc, Allick/JAT, Udeze.

Still have Forsling and Seck to reinforce and play big when needed.

(Guessing Applehans isn't a ball handler maybe play the 3 ?)

That's a pretty agile and versatile group that doesn't give up much in the paint. 

This post was modified 7 months ago by BobOso
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 2:27 pm
andyp, andyp, andyp and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Illustrious Member

I don’t have a set date for my decision yet and the schools I’m still considering are Oklahoma, BYU, Clemson, and New Mexico.”

Allick visited Oklahoma before his BYU visit and will likely visit Clemson and New Mexico before making a decision.

Best case scenario is that he really likes his visit in ABQ and his role within the team as well as the trajectory of the team and decides that UNM is the "right fit" and can go ahead and shut down the recruiting.

We hit a home run with Udeze and were able to get him the right fit and NIL fit.  I hope we can do the same with Allick.  15/6 on 57% shooting his last healthy season in 20-21.  It shows his upside is high and at 6'8", 240 lbs, brings the physicality we need with Udeze.

That would be one hell of a tandem down low with Udeze and Allick.  Would remind me of the Drew Gordon, AJ Hardeman tandem down low in 2012, the year we lost to Louisville in the Round of 32. 

Throw in the best back court guards in the MWC and this could be the makings of a very special season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2022 9:41 pm
DWL, loboray, andyp and 21 people reacted