Notifications
Clear all

BIGs in Transfer Portal

Page 3 / 3
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Posted by: @golobos

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1504961223993004050?s=21

Utah Valley big man Fardaws Aimaq has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Has been dominant the last two seasons, averaged 18.9 points and 13.6 rebounds this season. Averaged 15.0 rebounds last season. First-team All-WAC selection two seasons in a row.

Major portal entry there. Will be stiff competition for that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2022 6:36 pm
BAD DAWG, BAD DAWG, BAD DAWG and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

New portal entry:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432855/jalen-graham

Obviously, he knows House and Eric Brown. Could be one to watch. He was a second team All Pac-12 selection this year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2022 6:36 pm
BrutusXXX, Scott, JulieG and 17 people reacted
BAD DAWG
(@bad-dawg)
Noble Member

@txlobo95  

Payton Sparks and Kendal Coleman together with Tovar and Forsling would be a Formidable Frontcourt and a dream come true  Be nice if Pitino has enough magic recruiting dust in his pocket to pull either one of these guys to UNM

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 10:40 am
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

Please sign this guy. Him and his buddy Jaelen would be pretty good here together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 12:25 pm
Scott, andyp, txlobo95 and 9 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 12:26 pm
andyp, andyp, andyp and 1 people reacted
andyp
(@andyp)
Reputable Member

Jalen Graham would be perfect! Along with a big bruiser.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 3:10 pm
LoboMike, LoboMike, LoboMike and 1 people reacted
loborick
(@loborick)
Posted by: @lobomike

Aimaq would be amazing.  He's going to have a ton of HM suitors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 4:02 pm
LoboMike, LoboMike, LoboMike and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Posted by: @bad-dawg

@txlobo95  

Payton Sparks and Kendal Coleman together with Tovar and Forsling would be a Formidable Frontcourt and a dream come true  Be nice if Pitino has enough magic recruiting dust in his pocket to pull either one of these guys to UNM

Coleman has major interest from plenty of SEC and Big 12 schools. Going to be tough. We may not have a shot unless there's a strong connection to a staff member here that we don't know about.

As far as Sparks, not sure what schools are on him yet. Most likely there will be some Big Ten suitors, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 4:25 pm
BAD DAWG, BAD DAWG, BAD DAWG and 1 people reacted
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Illustrious Member

Jalen Graham seems more realistic.  He could expand his role here and have a chance to put up big #'s like Mash and House have done.  Clearly, we have the need for front court scoring and defense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 4:44 pm
BAD DAWG, andyp, BAD DAWG and 5 people reacted
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

Lobos have got something to offer that many other suitors do not. A very definite possibility of starting immediately, or at the least playing major minutes. 

The ideal fit would be a physical, athletic BIG that can run the floor and knows the low post game. Hopefully, Pitino and staff can convince a man like that to play for the Lobos, at least one. 6-9 250 Payton Sparks fits that description for me. You got to pull him out of Indiana though. I wonder if Dairese Gary could help there. 

I got a good feeling about 6-10 225 JUCO Mohammed Diarra and would be happy to see him come on the team with a BIG like Sparks. Diarra is more of 4. Lobos need a true post player. Of course 6-8 225 Coleman looks pretty damn good, as well.

I think Lobos got a similar player to Graham in JAT. I think he will come back a more physical player next season. Aimaq is huge, but I don’t see him as a good fit on a team that likes to run. I do think, Pitino and staff got to take a good look at 6-10 245 Isaiah Cotrell transferring out of West Virginia where he was starting for Huggins.

Transfer Portal is really going to overflow next week. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 20, 2022 6:09 pm
BAD DAWG, JulieG, BAD DAWG and 5 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Posted by: @brutusxxx

Lobos have got something to offer that many other suitors do not. A very definite possibility of starting immediately, or at the least playing major minutes. 

The ideal fit would be a physical, athletic BIG that can run the floor and knows the low post game. Hopefully, Pitino and staff can convince a man like that to play for the Lobos, at least one. 6-9 250 Payton Sparks fits that description for me. You got to pull him out of Indiana though. I wonder if Dairese Gary could help there. 

I got a good feeling about 6-9 225 JUCO 

I think Lobos got a similar player to Graham in JAT. I think he will come back a more physical player next season. Amaq is huge, but I don’t see him as a good fit on a team that likes to run.

Not at all. Graham is willing and used to playing in post. He did it in the Pac-12 for crying out loud. He doesn't stand outside and shoot threes like JAT. You could actually play them together if you wanted, with Graham at the 5 and JAT at the 4. Though I also would envision us getting a big, true center who would play the 5 and have those guys as options at the 4 if you had them both. They're definitely different, though.

Need to cast a wide net because all of these good transfer big men will have plenty of suitors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2022 6:25 pm
BAD DAWG, JulieG, BAD DAWG and 5 people reacted
andyp
(@andyp)
Reputable Member
Jake Lieberman Says we are interested in Tyler Stevenson 6 foot, 8 inches forward from Southern Miss:

@jakelieberman2
· May 6, 2021
Southern Miss transfer Tyler Stevenson (@tylerds_14) tells me that he's heard from DePaul, Maryland, Kansas, South Carolina, USF, Murray St, Texas A&M, ECU, Pitt, Utah, New Mexico, UAB, La Tech, Tulsa, + others since entering the portal. Averaged 14.1 PPG and 7.1 RPG.
This post was modified 8 months ago by andyp
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2022 7:52 pm
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Posted by: @andyp
Jake Lieberman Says we are interested in Tyler Stevenson 6 foot, 8 inches forward from Southern Miss:

@jakelieberman2
· May 6, 2021
Southern Miss transfer Tyler Stevenson (@tylerds_14) tells me that he's heard from DePaul, Maryland, Kansas, South Carolina, USF, Murray St, Texas A&M, ECU, Pitt, Utah, New Mexico, UAB, La Tech, Tulsa, + others since entering the portal. Averaged 14.1 PPG and 7.1 RPG.

The tweet is from May 2021. Though he has indeed entered the portal again after putting up similar numbers this year. No word on whether we are actually interested again this time around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2022 7:58 pm
andyp
(@andyp)
Reputable Member

Sorry about that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2022 8:10 pm
(@3-0)
Prominent Member

Josh Gray from SC 7'0" and big bodied, rumored to be in the portal soon, but would likely have to RS unless he goes JUCO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2022 4:13 pm
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

🙁 unto the next one

Kendal Coleman to LSU

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 28, 2022 4:26 pm
Scott, Scott, Scott and 1 people reacted
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

Transfer out of LSU, from California, played almost no minutes behind a stacked LSU front court as a Frosh. Recruited hard by Lobos/Weir prior to commit to LSU. I am sure Eric Brown, Lobo’s Cali connection must be aware. Truly a physical foward that the Lobos need.

6-8 245 Bradley Ezewiro

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 30, 2022 11:09 am
JulieG, JulieG, JulieG and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

New portal entry: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4702134/norchad-omier

This guy's numbers are insane. Obviously, just the kind of rebounder we need. I'm sure everyone will be on this one, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2022 10:01 pm
txlobo95, ricoLobo, Scott and 17 people reacted
JulieG
(@julieg)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

I sure am, he is a big 6'7. I was impressed with the 6'7 kid from St. Peters who sure played bigger than 6'7.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2022 10:04 pm
Scott
(@Scott)
Illustrious Member

Graham can surely handle going against size in the paint if the highlight clip is any indication.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2022 10:59 am
andyp, andyp, andyp and 1 people reacted
LoboMike
(@lobomike)

Sparks announced that he is returning to Ball State.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2022 9:16 pm
Page 3 / 3