Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Devean Williams

Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member

Proud to announce that I’ve received my 1st offer from the University of New Mexico ! Thank you Coach Pitino and Coach Brown for believing in me Black heartRed heart#GoLobos

according to Max Preps, he is a 2021 - if correct, very interesting

Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 6:01 pm
BrutusXXX, BrutusXXX, BrutusXXX and 1 people reacted
JulieG
(@julieg)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

Hi Double I’ll ad him later, but he is 22.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 6:16 pm
Doublealum, Doublealum, Doublealum and 1 people reacted
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member

@julieg thanks for the clarification- appreciate it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 6:30 pm
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Illustrious Member

I think he is Class of 2021. Verbal Commits has him 2022. LA Times article refers to him having to sit out as a Junior in 2019 due to a heart condition. California like NM had an abbreviated HS BB season, due to COVID, that barely is wrapping up. That along with sitting out games as a Junior has probably led to 6-3 Devean Williams being under recruited. He has put up some big numbers, 40 in one game. Yet another PG that can score, a lefty besides.

Great to see assistant Eric Brown already putting the Lobos in the mix for Los Angeles and California talent. I would not be surprised to find Williams joining the Lobos before the week is done. Lots of talent and potential on Mr. Pitino’s Roster. Are we going to see it one more time? Boom Shaka Laka Laka!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 8:06 pm
JulieG
(@julieg)

He appears to be Senior. The question to me is about offering scholarships and then having a playoff to decide who gets in. I might like the results, but I do not like the apparent process. I can see this coming back and biting this in the future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 10:46 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @julieg

He appears to be Senior. The question to me is about offering scholarships and then having a playoff to decide who gets in. I might like the results, but I do not like the apparent process. I can see this coming back and biting this in the future.

And/or one of the “newbies” has become questionable for whatever reason - will be interesting to see if Williams shows up accepting the offer and who, if any, expected here now does/did not. Grammar saying UNM not saying who is here now, press not being allowed in practice yet (maybe for multiple reasons) and Pitino to talk on Wed. Interesting.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 1:44 am
Primordial, JulieG, Primordial and 5 people reacted
 Anonymous

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/devean-williams-gives-best-narbonne-042702632.html

Looks like a great find

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 8:58 am
Primordial, Primordial, Primordial and 1 people reacted
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @julieg

Didn't you already state and others have stated he is 2022?  Therefore, no comp, no bs.  He would be here next year, not this year.  Didn't Tony go to prep school for the additional year?  Many Sr's do this, especially, during a covid disrupted time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 9:10 am
JulieG
(@julieg)

Is it too complex for you to deal with Tex? We don't exactly have a pipe line of information into some of our recruits. He is a Senior time wise in HS. He has been injured. He evidently wanted to reclassify and those reporting about him got confused. From what he has had to say he thinks he needs another year in order to get to where he wants for what ever reason he has. This is not something that is unusual in recruiting. I do not have a working crystal ball, only the ability to search the net and that often isn't clear either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 10:35 am
JulieG
(@julieg)

no update on Devean Williams. Still not signed with anyone. Seems to have a heart condition and that may be the hangup.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2021 4:01 pm