Forum

Helping NM athletes

Notifications
Clear all

Helping NM athletes

cbp3
 cbp3
(@cbp3)

I apologize if this has been discussed in the past. After reading the debate on Jose Murillo it seems no one is sure if he is really D-1 caliber. New Mexico is a basketball loving state and has an iconic arena so why isn't there a good 8 team tourney over Christmas or thanksgiving played. If we pick a couple of local schools that have a potential D-1 player and bring in some decent competition it will help everyone see if the player is capable of playing at UNM. Have another event with 2 outside teams playing the local schools on back to back nights and the local player would have 5 games against good competition. Not only will it help the local kids maybe get recruited it will hopefully allow the fans to know if a scholarship at UNM would be realistic.

Topic starter Posted : April 1, 2022 1:48 pm
Scott, txlobo95, Scott and 5 people reacted
Scott
(@Scott)
Illustrious Member

A H.S. Invitational of sorts is a great idea and would be great way for UNM to support and connect with the local basketball community.

I wonder a bit if the regular hoops forum would be a good place for this thread....?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2022 5:16 am
loborick
(@loborick)

I don't hear any question about if he has D-1 talent.  If he had been, he'd have been offered by a D-1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2022 3:39 pm