Clear all

Non-bigs in transfer portal

LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Topic starter Posted : March 7, 2022 11:21 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Illustrious Member

That would make some sense, a much bigger high scoring guard  at 6'5", which we really didn't have this year, as we mostly played JJ up front.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2022 11:43 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Illustrious Member

JJ, one of our best shooters, is way too passive offensively...turning down shots or not really looking for shots puts a lot of extra pressure on House and Mashburn to create...

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2022 4:21 am
Scott
(@Scott)
Illustrious Member

JJ showed more aggressiveness earlier in the season. His confidence seemed to take a little hit somewhere in there. I think he'll we'll see more aggressive play next year (and hopefully some in the MWT). Go JJ.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2022 8:07 am
JulieG, BAD DAWG, JulieG and 5 people reacted
BobOso
(@boboso)
Illustrious Member

I don't know if we're posting guys who we know we've actually contacted. I really like this guys game though, think he would fit in, more 4 than 5 but he rebounds and can guard the bigs.  Similar to Roddy, plays downhill like our guards. 

Toni Rocak

6-9 PF

Geneva, Switzerland

15ppg / 6 reb / 2 assists

https://verbalcommits.com/players/toni-rocak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuI9pDTN4aM&t=228s

This post was modified 9 months ago 3 times by BobOso
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2022 9:09 am
BAD DAWG, Scott, BAD DAWG and 5 people reacted
 Anonymous

As JJ was showing up early as our best 3 point shooter, I thought House and Mashburn didn't help set him up for good looks after defenses paid him more attention, but I think Pitino has to be held responsible for that. He designs the offense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2022 9:42 am
BAD DAWG, Scott, BAD DAWG and 5 people reacted
BAD DAWG
(@bad-dawg)
Noble Member

@zoom

House and Mash are without a doubt both “shoot first guards” who’s primary objective is to score and they both have the skill and ability to create offense for themselves unlike their teammates.

I’m not convinced anyone’s decisions to pass up a shot on this team puts any pressure at all on the “dynamic duo” who throughput the season overwhelmingly dominated the offensive ball possessions and shot attempts on this team. I happen to believe the dynamic duo made it perfectly clear to teammates and fans alike that if their teammates don’t take shots House and Mash would be more than happy and would not hesitate to jack up the teams additional shots.

I will add that JJ and KJ are both “spot up” or “catch and shoot” perimeter shooters who’s open shot opportunities begin with good ball movement and ball reversals from one side of the floor and back and getting the ball to open spot up shooters “in rhythm” is vital to their shooting success... versus many of the desperate “escape passes” that both House and Mash dumped on JJ and KJ throughout the season when the dynamic duo would dribble themselves into trouble from trying to create their on shot. The other issue imo is Pitino choose a hybrid motion offense that benefited players like his dynamic duo who can isolate and beat defenders off the dribble but was not conducive to the rest of the team. No one else on this team remotely possesses the same or equal athletic ability and skills that as Mash and House have developed.

So with an offensive approach built for only 2 out of the 5 athletes on the Team who have that ISO athleticism the Team offense was doomed to be plagued with inconsistent and unpredictable outcomes and performances from supporting role players and unfortunately that’s exactly what we all witnessed on the offensive end of the floor from Pitino’s team this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2022 10:51 am
BAD DAWG
(@bad-dawg)
Noble Member

@boboso 

Solid BB player who would be a great addition to any program 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2022 10:56 am
LoboMike
(@lobomike)